Main Menu

have your say.

Started by Holz, December 31, 2012, 12:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

the issue is that that's a very short term solution- like, we might introduce what, 2 expansion teams?

that means this process would only prevent *some* trading for a couple of years.

Just make the cap smaller. And players drafted in the national/ rookie drafts should count as movements (the actual picks shouldn't though).

picker_man

How do the expansion teams actually work?? can they just take any player they want from your team :o

if so i want contracts on my good players

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on January 10, 2013, 07:18:11 PM
the issue is that that's a very short term solution- like, we might introduce what, 2 expansion teams?

that means this process would only prevent *some* trading for a couple of years.

Just make the cap smaller. And players drafted in the national/ rookie drafts should count as movements (the actual picks shouldn't though).

I was worried  about that. Im thinking 10 or less trades in total over all trade periods.

Holz

Quote from: picker_man on January 10, 2013, 07:25:47 PM
How do the expansion teams actually work?? can they just take any player they want from your team :o

still thinking if i want expansion teams and if i do how to run them. I have all year to work that out though.

Justin Bieber

Yeah contracts would solve expansion teams. Or I get rid of all my good players so I have no problem :P

picker_man

Quote from: Holzman on January 10, 2013, 07:26:47 PM
Quote from: picker_man on January 10, 2013, 07:25:47 PM

still thinking if i want expansion teams and if i do how to run them. I have all year to work that out though.

ok cool, guess we worry about all this stuff when you've worked out if its actually happening then 8) i like the contract idea but dont think it will do anything to stop trading but should be introduced if expansion teams do come in.

Ziplock

Quote from: whatlez on January 10, 2013, 07:29:31 PM
Yeah contracts would solve expansion teams. Or I get rid of all my good players so I have no problem :P

isn't that what you've spent these trade periods doing? :S

Quote from: Holzman on January 10, 2013, 07:26:14 PM

I was worried  about that. Im thinking 10 or less trades in total over all trade periods.

I would say less than 7- if you think about it, 10 trades is 2/3 of your team.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on January 10, 2013, 08:04:50 PM

2/3 of your team if you trade only starters. We have squads of 40.

but yeah might go lower or look at something like 5 max starters or something like that.

Justin Bieber

I'm confused... Trades or list movements??

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holzman on January 10, 2013, 08:07:10 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 10, 2013, 08:04:50 PM

2/3 of your team if you trade only starters. We have squads of 40.

but yeah might go lower or look at something like 5 max starters or something like that.

Could have like categories for players.

Cat A. 10 games or more for your team.

Cat b 5-10

Cat c under 5

Then have 3 movements for cat a 5 for cat b and 10 for cat c or something similar

Scrads

Why would somebody tie a souf or retiring player to their team for 5 years ? Haha. The point of the contract is you wpuldnt be able to delist them either, which means they will constantly take up a list spot if yours. Could also make a rule that the fontracted players cannot be on your rookie list which means you will have 5 players in your top 35 stuck in your list and if you want there to be permanent spufs in your team, go for it.

Or as others have said, players with new contracts must have played x amount of games the season before.

Keep brainstorming guys we could find a solution :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: whatlez on January 10, 2013, 08:12:31 PM

This is directed at Zip ._.

kilbluff1985

just put a lower limit on trading and ontrading not that hard :o

Ziplock

Quote from: whatlez on January 10, 2013, 09:31:05 PM
Quote from: whatlez on January 10, 2013, 08:12:31 PM

This is directed at Zip ._.

list movements.

I suppose a limit on trades in general would, to a degree, fix the issue with ontrading?

PowerBug

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 10, 2013, 09:59:51 PM
just put a lower limit on trading and ontrading not that hard :o
^ :)

About trying to avoid explioting the contract idea. How about the 5 contracts have to come from players in your top 15. The top 15 can be determined by games played in 2012/2013 (whenever it's implented) or everyone just puts forward their 15 best, and everyone takes a sqiz at who everyones picked to make sure that no big name has been purposely left out. :-\

^That best 15 rule i also suggested for my original trading slowdown idea, where only 1 or 2 of your best players can leave the club during the offseason, which'll keep the bulk of the onfield side together. :)