Main Menu

have your say.

Started by Holz, December 31, 2012, 12:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Reckon Whatlez raises a valid point, however being the inaugural season, I think it was reasonable for Holz to make changes as necessary.

I like the rules as they are, and would just make one comment re: expansion teams. I know this is on the agenda for all XV comps, however I really like that the EXV has less teams and thus has better quality teams. I think it is ideal to maintain that, as it is a key point of difference between the comps. Also makes it more exclusive - I had to wait a while to get in which made me appreciate it more when I got the chance.

Good on you for opening the comp up to feedback Holz. Done a stellar job during my time on here!

Holz

Quote from: Spinking on December 31, 2012, 09:21:08 AM
Reckon Whatlez raises a valid point, however being the inaugural season, I think it was reasonable for Holz to make changes as necessary.

I like the rules as they are, and would just make one comment re: expansion teams. I know this is on the agenda for all XV comps, however I really like that the EXV has less teams and thus has better quality teams. I think it is ideal to maintain that, as it is a key point of difference between the comps. Also makes it more exclusive - I had to wait a while to get in which made me appreciate it more when I got the chance.

Good on you for opening the comp up to feedback Holz. Done a stellar job during my time on here!

Thanks spinking.

Definitely a good point to think about there, I do like that the euro teams feel soo strong compared say to the worlds. The expansion teams certainly would be interesting but I need to weigh it up against a weaker 16 team comp

kilbluff1985

there is a list of people waiting to be Euro coaches so just because they get given an expansion team does not mean they have not been waiting a while

my name is on it, would be awesome to get an expansion team coming up with the right strategy and getting the right players would be lots of fun for the coach whoever gets it

PowerBug

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on December 31, 2012, 12:51:25 AM
I shouldnt be complaining but we were allowed too many list movements

Our starting team from 2012 is nothing compared to 2013. Almost a completely new team
In my 2 months off i noticed how much trading was going on and was disgusted by it. I was told about ossies rant on the Worlds thread, i read it and agreed with him when he said we were picking players that could potentially play with the same club for 10+ seasons, this is why I'm proposing this idea:

At the end of the season each team nominates their 10 best players, and it gets checked off by the organisers. (To limit people picking incorrect players on purpose)

Of these 10 players, only 1 can be traded. So this means that the bulk of your strongest squad sticks together. Also makes it slightly like the AFL, who never trade off alot of their big guns.

All other players on the lists can be traded, but once again to keep the trading down, there is no on-trading. So everyone will have to be sure that they want a player when they trade for him. And if a 3rd party wants him then the trade has to done in full at the same time. (3 way trade)

Obviously a few minor things can be changed but the general idea will limit trading. (The idea is pretty much a trading cap, there's only so much trading that can be done, so no numerical cap needs to be put in) :)

Holz

keeping lists looking somewhat similar is something that i really want to do. This year I could see it happening but with the rules in place I couldnt do much to stop it. My team is looking very different too.

I think we have gone over the rebalancing period and i expect teams will remain more constant anyway but yeah the rules will be getting a shakeup.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 31, 2012, 09:34:05 AM

there is a list of people waiting to be Euro coaches so just because they get given an expansion team does not mean they have not been waiting a while

my name is on it, would be awesome to get an expansion team coming up with the right strategy and getting the right players would be lots of fun for the coach whoever gets it

I was meant to be getting the first expansion team... :X lol

Justin Bieber

Well I don't like this new period 'fix up DPP changes' and that means everyone gets 4. I get 4 too, but I lost let's SIX midfielders and most were unannounced. So cause I need SIX new midfielders, wouldn't that mean I get at least 6 new movements?

That's how I interpret it. Or everyone getting 4 even say one team doesn't have one DPP change. I want some clarification to this.

Justin Bieber

Also on the draw shower. I beat the Bashers, but drew with them... this I think affecting my finals hopes... -_- so fix up that rule.

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on December 31, 2012, 01:35:19 PM
Well I don't like this new period 'fix up DPP changes' and that means everyone gets 4. I get 4 too, but I lost let's SIX midfielders and most were unannounced. So cause I need SIX new midfielders, wouldn't that mean I get at least 6 new movements?

That's how I interpret it. Or everyone getting 4 even say one team doesn't have one DPP change. I want some clarification to this.

unfortunately i cant make the rule for this year as its too late.

It will be like the worlds you get 4 trades but the trades have to be done on a legitiamte unexpected dpp change. E.g. you can say you didnt expect to get so many defense changes so I will allow you to trade a back for say a mid.

If you go on to try and trade a forward for a ruck I wont allow the trade.

For those like me who basically had no unexpected trades I will not be able to do a trade unless the other person im trading with is doing it for legit DPP reasaons.

So i could trade you a mid for a back even though im not affected by DPP at all (as you are) but i couldnt trade a mid for a bakc with say zip

Justin Bieber

What if you strengthen your midfield, but you give up other midfielders?

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on December 31, 2012, 02:42:38 PM
What if you strengthen your midfield, but you give up other midfielders?

that might be abit of a stretch im assuming you mean your midfield is say

Gibbs Lids Pendles Boyd Barlow Swallow and than you have lots of rookies.

If gibbs got unexpected DPP you lose a gun mid. Are you saying you want to trade say a few of your mid rookies for a mid gun to replace him?

That could work but i would have to see its for DPP reasons and not just a trade you want to make, you give your case on the trade and if its good enough it will pass.

Ziplock

ummmmm, what?

Dual Positional Changes:

Trent McKenzie          (MID -> DEF)
Jared Brennan           (MID -> DEF)
Sam Mayes               (MID -> MID/FWD)
Josh Simpson            (MID-> MID/FWD)
Sharrod Wellingham  (MID -> MID/FWD)
Jared Petrenko          (MID -> FWD)
Paul Poupolo             (DEF -> FWD)
Craig Bird                 (MID -> MID/FWD)
Brent Reilly               (MID -> DEF)
Dylan Addison           (DEF -> DEF/FWD)
Reece Conca             (DEF -> MID)
Dennis Armfield         (MID -> MID/FWD)

those were your position changes yeah?
So, mayes, simpson, wellinghand, bird, armfield.... you didn't lose any of their mid capabilities- you gained DPP... they can still be played as mids.

Reilly, Petrenko, McKenzie and Brennan all lost mid eligibility... I was going to bring up that petrenko was originally drafted in euros on the assumption he would be a forward, but since you didn't do the initial draft, fair enough.... but that's 4 mid changes, and then you had conca who lost DEF eligility and become a midfielder.... so really you've only lost 3 mids? :S So the 4 limit works fine.... it's not as though any of those were major changes anyway... if anything it helps your team- brennan, mckenzie, petrenko, reilly shouldn't have been fielded in your mids anyway, but as defenders and forwards, they actually hold some value :S

more to the point, this is the risk you take by having young players in your team without certified positions. I took the same risks, and got burnt a little as well by dpp this year :P

Justin Bieber

Ziplock

I'm just saying, your dpp changes worked out quite well.

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on December 31, 2012, 01:49:55 PM

unfortunately i cant make the rule for this year as its too late.

It will be like the worlds you get 4 trades but the trades have to be done on a legitiamte unexpected dpp change. E.g. you can say you didnt expect to get so many defense changes so I will allow you to trade a back for say a mid.

If you go on to try and trade a forward for a ruck I wont allow the trade.

For those like me who basically had no unexpected trades I will not be able to do a trade unless the other person im trading with is doing it for legit DPP reasaons.

So i could trade you a mid for a back even though im not affected by DPP at all (as you are) but i couldnt trade a mid for a bakc with say zip

Holz can you please just clarify that the top line means the rest of your post doesn't stand for this year but only next year onwards ? Cheers.