AXV: Mongolian Lambs... Moved to a new home.

Started by Toga, December 20, 2012, 01:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Media Announcement:

Physio staff at the Lambs are glad to announce that, in the week leading up to his first NAB cup match, Jack Riewoldt is back fully fit after knee surgery, and that the injury is not hampering his availability or preseason training at the moment, and is certainly not causing him any discomfort. After all, who could take marks like this with a bung knee?

-image courtesy of the Richmond Tigers Football Club, 15.2.13

tbagrocks

Now that is some serious effort

Toga

tbagrocks

Quote from: Toga on February 15, 2013, 09:44:43 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 15, 2013, 09:35:02 PM

haha what is tbag? :) ???
A tbag goes into a tea cup with hot water :P

Your front page man ;D

Toga

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 15, 2013, 09:47:26 PM
Quote from: Toga on February 15, 2013, 09:44:43 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 15, 2013, 09:35:02 PM

haha what is tbag? :) ???
A tbag goes into a tea cup with hot water :P

Your front page man ;D

haha nice one ;D

cheers mate, i like the look of it now :D

Toga

Media Announcement:

After the conclusion of the 2012-2013 AXV Official Trade period, the Lambs are proud to announce the recruitment of big names such as Pearce Hanley, 2012 Norm Smith Medallist Ryan O'Keefe, 2012 Coleman Medallist Jack Riewoldt, Scott Thompson, Matthew Priddis, Steve Johnson, Brian Lake and Nathan Bock.

Staff at the Lambs are incredibly happy with how the trade period played out, and feel that our recruitment has really strengthened our line-up, and feel as though we are a legitimate chance to challenge opponents in the Bangladesh Bears, Manila Folders and the Hong Kong Dongs for the inaugural AXV title in season 2013.

Memphistopheles

You have Johnson and Thompson in your team?

Massive ins for you if so.

Who did you trade them in for?

Was it a last minute deal?

Toga

Yeah a last minute trade with Colli.

Lambs gave: Shaun Grigg, Jeremy Howe, Shannon Hurn

Vipers gave: Scott Thompson, Steve Johnson, Hayden Crozier.

They are huge ins for us and should help our premiership chances, but they were very expensive - gave up some huge talent for them!

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Toga on February 18, 2013, 08:21:27 PM
Yeah a last minute trade with Colli.

Lambs gave: Shaun Grigg, Jeremy Howe, Shannon Hurn

Vipers gave: Scott Thompson, Steve Johnson, Hayden Crozier.

They are huge ins for us and should help our premiership chances, but they were very expensive - gave up some huge talent for them!

Yeah some good ins for you there. Best for other teams to get one over you now because when Tippett comes back you're going to be very hard to stop. Flying finish to the season and a big flag chance IMO.

Need to update page 1 of this thread now though.

So does that mean you're playing Eski down back and Bock up forward? Or Bock down back and Hill up forward?

Toga

Yeah mate think the folders and dongs have a good chance to get one up on us in rounds 1 & 2 but think the team is still reasonably strong withou tippo. Enter tippo and we are very strong! All of our fwds are 115+ at full strength, unstoppable!

Yeah will do, just working on som profiles that'll be up this week.

Atm I'm thinking (if/when) bock is fit, well have Eski on down back, and bock up fwds... Might depend on whose playing who though and availability!

Jroo

I may underrate your team Toga, but your team thread looks amazing!  :)

Toga

In breaking news head coach Toga is pleased to announce two new happenings at Mongolian Lambs FC.

"First things first, we at the lambs are pleased to announce the launch of our new membership campaign for 2013, spearheaded by skipper Marc Murphy. We at the Lambs feel as though our new campaign will be important to our success this year, as the boys really do benefit from having a strong supporter group behind them at home matches, it really does give us an advantage over travelling teams."

Captain Marc Murphy also had a few words to say about the new range of memberships: "I've worked hard with the coaching staff at the lambs over the past few weeks on this membership campaign, and, using my photogenic qualities, feel as though we have come up with an impressive campaign. Not only visually pleasing, we have some great merchandise that can be packaged with some of the memberships, such as this lamb costume that is included in our pet's memberships, and this costume that is packaged in our kiddie's memberships. I want to just say a big thanks to everyone who has signed up as a member for 2013 so far, and encourage all of our fans that haven't done so as of yet to do it now, you won't regret it!"

Toga and Marc has asked that anyone wishing to enquire about our new club membership opportunities by PM, which can be done by following the link below.

In even more exciting news, the club is happy to announce that they are set to shift their home ground tomorrow to the Beijing National Stadium ('Bird's nest') in China. Toga has announced that the capacity of Ulaanbaatar Stadium is just not adequate enough to accomodate all of the Lamb's loyal fans in their premiership assault in 2013, and so a deal has been struck with the capital city of the neighbouring China. Chinese and Mongolian government sports officials have agreed to allow the Lambs to play home games in Beijing for 2013, despite continuing to train at Ulaanbaatar's National Sports Stadium and Shanghai Stadium in China.

Toga says: "We feel as though the extra 60,000 fans we will be able to seat at the Bird's Nest will be very beneficial to us in the long run, as we are not only able to fit more local Mongolian's into home games now, but we will also be able to expand our supporter base to the more than one billion people currently living in China. We have also struck a deal with China Railways that will allow Lambs fans to travel to and from the Bird's Nest for free with any basic membership package."

Toga

Quote from: Adamant on February 18, 2013, 11:46:48 PM
The thread does look nice and those little player profiles you're making look awesome. 8)

BUT, I think Sid from the WXVs has the best team thread of all time - http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44826.0.html

I've got something big planned for my thread, but can't be bothered working on it atm lol.

Quote from: JROO8 on February 18, 2013, 11:42:06 PM
I may underrate your team Toga, but your team thread looks amazing!  :)

Thanks Jroo and Adamant :) Been working hard on it lately, got a new OP up today - and I agree ada, Sid has a wicked team thread! :o

Ricochet

If you change [url] to [iurl] your navigation links will open in the same window :)

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on February 25, 2013, 03:08:53 PM
If you change [url] to [iurl] your navigation links will open in the same window :)

wow cheers rico that's great help! :o didn't know you could do that! cheers mate