EXV: 2013 Rookie Draft

Started by Scrads, December 18, 2012, 11:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 30, 2012, 11:16:31 PM
Quote from: Holzman on December 30, 2012, 11:12:21 PM
Quote from: Scrads on December 30, 2012, 11:06:02 PM
OP updated and fully complete :)

Holz do you want to hold a 2nd List submission where each team submits their full list of 40 players ? Or maybe do this after our final trading period and at the same time nominate our rookies ? Do we have official dates for the next trading period yet ?

Just wondering what the go is now :)

List submissions will be closer to the season starting.

I'm against another trading period but unfortunately I said it would happen, I just hope it doesn't do too much damage.

I'm thinking next Monday and run for a week.

Your just against it because the more trading happens the more you need to sacrifice to keep up with the Bashers :P

Sounds good mate, let the negotiations begin ;)

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 30, 2012, 11:16:31 PM
Quote from: Holzman on December 30, 2012, 11:12:21 PM
Quote from: Scrads on December 30, 2012, 11:06:02 PM
OP updated and fully complete :)

Holz do you want to hold a 2nd List submission where each team submits their full list of 40 players ? Or maybe do this after our final trading period and at the same time nominate our rookies ? Do we have official dates for the next trading period yet ?

Just wondering what the go is now :)

List submissions will be closer to the season starting.

I'm against another trading period but unfortunately I said it would happen, I just hope it doesn't do too much damage.

I'm thinking next Monday and run for a week.

Your just against it because the more trading happens the more you need to sacrifice to keep up with the Bashers :P

Nah I'm got them beat :)

The best thing about the euro last year was it was soo even. I did the numbers and this year the SD was much lower in the euro than the worlds. I think next year we will be higher than the world's. I know alit of it is too do with the strength of the eagles I just hope it doesn't get worse.

The drastic thing I was considering was giving up my euro team like Ossie. Or to do one sided trades to help the weaker teams. But that might have caused more damage than help

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Holzman on December 30, 2012, 11:10:00 PM
People were talking about magner going pick 1 at some stage. Looks like he is out of favour and with viney toumpas coming in can't see him getting back in.

Pup would have been a good pick along with pyke. I was going to take Williams before his off field stuff
Yeah I delisted Pop lol. But Magner 1? What spud even considered that? ( please don't be you). I remember Awka saying Spud Elliott to go at 2.

Justin Bieber

Yeah Holz, stop saying you are going to give your team. Only cause teams trade for future players with Bashers and Bashers win short, you don't have to keep threatening to quit

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on December 30, 2012, 11:43:26 PM
Yeah Holz, stop saying you are going to give your team. Only cause teams trade for future players with Bashers and Bashers win short, you don't have to keep threatening to quit

Sorry I didn't want to give that impression, I was only considering giving it up so I could be completely unbias. Its hard making choices when when you have a team in the comp.

Will stay though, I really want to make the euro as strong and fun as I can and I'm looking at all options to do so. Just being an admin like Ossie I considered but I feel its best to have a team

With that the trade period opens 11:59pm aest time next Sunday and ends 11:59pm aest time the week after.

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on December 30, 2012, 11:41:11 PM
Quote from: Holzman on December 30, 2012, 11:10:00 PM
People were talking about magner going pick 1 at some stage. Looks like he is out of favour and with viney toumpas coming in can't see him getting back in.

Pup would have been a good pick along with pyke. I was going to take Williams before his off field stuff
Yeah I delisted Pop lol. But Magner 1? What spud even considered that? ( please don't be you). I remember Awka saying Spud Elliott to go at 2.

People were talking early in the season like round 4 that there were some good players left and however got the spoon would be lucky to get guns like magner. Shows how much hype he had around him early and how far he has dropped off

Justin Bieber

Ih ok... And trading starts tonight... -_-

Wait until people get back or give people notice?

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on December 31, 2012, 12:04:29 AM
Ih ok... And trading starts tonight... -_-

Wait until people get back or give people notice?

NEXT Sunday we still have a week till it starts.

kilbluff1985

so sick of BXV Draft taking forever

Scrads

Holz I wouldn't worry so much about the disparity between teams, I mean look at the AFL and the gap between teams like Sydney and Hawthorn with Melbourne and Port (no offence to Demon/Power supporters).

Things like that naturally happen and even though we can't tell because our competition is so young but things are put in place to help the bottom teams become stronger. Your team jumped from spooners to a top 1 or 2 team simply because lets face it- your team wasn't actually a wooden spoon quality team you were just super unlucky with DPP and injury that it made your team look that bad. Then it was simply a matter of using your new assets (high draft picks) to make your team even stronger. It isn't your or anybody's fault it is simply the nature of the game we have :)

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on December 31, 2012, 12:13:10 AM
Holz I wouldn't worry so much about the disparity between teams, I mean look at the AFL and the gap between teams like Sydney and Hawthorn with Melbourne and Port (no offence to Demon/Power supporters).

Things like that naturally happen and even though we can't tell because our competition is so young but things are put in place to help the bottom teams become stronger. Your team jumped from spooners to a top 1 or 2 team simply because lets face it- your team wasn't actually a wooden spoon quality team you were just super unlucky with DPP and injury that it made your team look that bad. Then it was simply a matter of using your new assets (high draft picks) to make your team even stronger. It isn't your or anybody's fault it is simply the nature of the game we have :)

Fair call scrads will balance out eventually teams like spinkings have soo much potential that with some young guys living up to potential and some early picks they could be scary in a few years.

The draft will balance it all out. The expansion teams will be an interesting concept if it goes ahead. There could be some huge news on that front coming up shortly. If it goes ahead it could be huge for the euro

Whereas I will lose Boyd Petrie boomer soon and I'm expecting to lose DPP down back when Gibbs pumps out a 110+ season :)

Ziplock

are we going to do mini picks? because that could be extremely interesting :P

oi, potential is all at the valkyries mate. We're loaded. Probably need another gun forward, but that's it :P

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on December 31, 2012, 12:32:59 AM
are we going to do mini picks? because that could be extremely interesting :P

oi, potential is all at the valkyries mate. We're loaded. Probably need another gun forward, but that's it :P

Mini draft is something I'm considering.

Can't say too much as waiting on a few PMs

Justin Bieber

Yeah I'm willing to trade. Any of my rookie picks are available including Reilly, Bird etc and I want a mid or forward

The F.A.R.K.