The Supercoach Draft Game (Read if involved/Vote on the new poll)

Started by Nige, November 30, 2012, 11:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: johnnytheboy1 on February 17, 2013, 12:01:28 AM
After 1st pick the next pick you would have is Pick 16 after Ablett there wouldn't me many good midfielders at pick 16 although you do get pick 17 so i may as stick the pick i really want was 4th pick but Hawkalicious wouldn't trade it so its better if i stay with Pick 1. Was dumb me suggesting it.
As for the Frozen  team we had that problem in one of our YSCC Division leagues when someone gave up halfway through the season.

Yeah mate, just stick with Pick 1. Like I said, if you really don't want the first pick, I can move you to a different spot in the order.  :)

gossiboy

After 1st pick the next pick you would have is Pick 16 after Ablett there wouldn't me many good midfielders at pick 16 although you do get pick 17 so i may as stick the pick i really want was 4th pick but Hawkalicious wouldn't trade it so its better if i stay with Pick 1. Was dumb me suggesting it.
As for the Frozen  team we had that problem in one of our YSCC Division leagues when someone gave up halfway through the season.

It's all random so the pick you get is just part of the game. Know exactly who I'm taking with pick 2 so bring on March 2nd. Think pick 4 could be a tough decision whereas pick 1 it's a no contest.

Nige

Quote from: gossiboy on February 17, 2013, 12:24:48 AM

It's all random so the pick you get is just part of the game. Know exactly who I'm taking with pick 2 so bring on March 2nd. Think pick 4 could be a tough decision whereas pick 1 it's a no contest.

After the big 3 go, it definitely gets tougher, gl;hf to me at 7.  ::)

Jay

League 3 is drafted :)

Will be a great competitive year, good luck everyone

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on February 17, 2013, 12:31:09 AM

Good job. Well done to everyone and hope you all enjoy the season. Should be good fun.

upthemaidens

I have the oldest forwardline in history.. Pavlich,Bartel,N. Riewoldt and Goodes  :P  I'm really not sure how. :o
I had all these grand plans...  Pick 8 and 9, I thought "right, im gunna be clever and get Goddard and Franklin"...
         ........Yeah who would of thought others would take them in their first picks.. barbies..... >:(    :)

Nige

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 17, 2013, 12:42:54 AM

I have the oldest forwardline in history.. Pavlich,Bartel,N. Riewoldt and Goodes  :P  I'm really not sure how. :o
I had all these grand plans...  Pick 8 and 9, I thought "right, im gunna be clever and get Goddard and Franklin"...
         ........Yeah who would of thought others would take them in their first picks.. barbies..... >:(    :)

Kinda the beauty of it though, right? Draft night can really surprise.

upthemaidens

Quote from: NigeyS on February 17, 2013, 12:46:28 AM

Yeah Its all good,, So with Pick 8 and 9 , I ended up changing tact and grabbing Kennedy and Cotchin, so not all bad.
  I do wish the Squads were bigger, just the 4 bench is abit limiting.
     Think next year DT and SC will have more features to customize the drafts more.  And options to play more leagues.

Nige

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 17, 2013, 12:52:35 AM

Yeah Its all good,, So with Pick 8 and 9 , I ended up changing tact and grabbing Kennedy and Cotchin, so not all bad.
     Think next year DT and SC will have more features to customize the drafts more.  And options to play more leagues.

Probably my fault for squad sizes. Did hold a vote though. However, I said I wanted it restricted to 15...I think next year I'll learn from the mistake.

gossiboy

Well done folks. Any big surprises on draft night?

Nige

Quote from: gossiboy on February 17, 2013, 01:03:24 AM

Apparently quinny missed the draft and ended up with 8 mids.  :o

Jay

Quote from: NigeyS on February 17, 2013, 01:05:02 AM

Thats correct, hopefully he sticks with it. With a bit of trading he can still be competitive

I think I start favourite due to the GAJ factor

upthemaidens

Quote from: NigeyS on February 17, 2013, 12:55:11 AM
Quote from: upthemaidens on February 17, 2013, 12:52:35 AM

Probably my fault for squad sizes. Did hold a vote though. However, I said I wanted it restricted to 15...I think next year I'll learn from the mistake.
Yeah I was meaning the bench size, I didnt think it could be more than 4..  Was there an option for that?
  15 starting line-up is fine, but the bench should be like 10 or so.. gives some wiggle room if injuries hit.
    .. Anyhow its all good.  I've got a team that may start slow, but if it makes the finals, will be an unstoppable force.  :)
I

gossiboy

Haha didn't even think of that being a possible repercussion of not sorting out your pre-draft order. Got some trading to do then.

Anyone have a 'tambling over buddy' moment?

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on February 17, 2013, 01:08:08 AM

Thats correct, hopefully he sticks with it. With a bit of trading he can still be competitive

I think I start favourite due to the GAJ factor

Rumour has it the rest of your squad is ordinary.  ::)  :-X