The Supercoach Draft Game (Read if involved/Vote on the new poll)

Started by Nige, November 30, 2012, 11:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM

Hey Nigey,
I think we should reconsider the auto emergeny,because with no rolling lockout and no emergency you will  play short.
Last year i had 2 late withdrawals and with no cover you end feeling showerhouse.
It does happen quite a bit.
Your thoughts?

Nige

Quote from: greenmoon on February 02, 2013, 06:38:27 PM
Hey Nigey,
I think we should reconsider the auto emergeny,because with no rolling lockout and no emergency you will  play short.
Last year i had 2 late withdrawals and with no cover you end feeling showerhouse.
Your thoughts?

Oh really? I wasn't aware of this. Turn the auto emergency on then?

SydneyRox

Quote from: NigeyS on February 02, 2013, 07:28:15 PM
Quote from: greenmoon on February 02, 2013, 06:38:27 PM
Hey Nigey,
Your thoughts?

Oh really? I wasn't aware of this. Turn the auto emergency on then?

fine by me

Nige

GM

Quote from: NigeyS on February 02, 2013, 07:47:51 PM
The auto-emergency has now been enabled.  :)
I think its best unless majority say no

Nige

Quote from: greenmoon on February 02, 2013, 09:48:08 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 02, 2013, 07:47:51 PM
The auto-emergency has now been enabled.  :)
I think its best unless majority say no
You seem to know what you're talking about, and I trust you. Thanks for giving some handy advice, it's been great.  :)

Maxiboy4

If anyone dosent want to play in this league i am happy to take there spot

upthemaidens

The 9 am draft time is abit of a killer,, who gets up at that time? and on a Saturday no less..

Nige

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 03, 2013, 12:30:01 AM
The 9 am draft time is abit of a killer,, who gets up at that time? and on a Saturday no less..

Haha yeah, fair point. I've been having this problems for months where I can't have a sleep-in, it's killing me slowly. I might move it to midday.

upthemaidens

Quote from: NigeyS on February 03, 2013, 12:31:51 AM

Haha yeah, fair point. I've been having this problems for months where I can't have a sleep-in, it's killing me slowly. I might move it to midday.
I'm part irish and part vampire, So i'm a drunk who stays up late  :o

Nige

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 03, 2013, 12:34:40 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 03, 2013, 12:31:51 AM

I'm part irish and part vampire, So i'm a drunk who stays up late  :o

Lord knows how we're gonna find a time to suit everyone...

Hard to tell how long it will take us to finish the draft. Ideally, I want it done in a matter of hours, but finding a time where that's possible is going to be tough considering there's a three hour difference between the east and the west...

upthemaidens

Quick drafts last year (picking 20+ players with a few minutes per pick) took less then 2 hours..
   That was on Ultimate footy, so would expect similar times on this

Nige

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 03, 2013, 12:54:27 AM
Quick drafts last year (picking 20+ players with a few minutes per pick) took less then 2 hours..

Fair enough. I suppose if I make it midday then it should be okay. WA people will just have to have preferences set or be up at 9am knowing the draft is starting for them at that time.  :)

upthemaidens

Quote from: NigeyS on February 03, 2013, 12:57:25 AM

Fair enough. I suppose if I make it midday then it should be okay. WA people will just have to have preferences set or be up at 9am knowing the draft is starting for them at that time.  :)
Well thats the other thing if you were to start it at 9am AEDT.  For people in WA (if there are any) it would be 7 am or so... ouch

Nige

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 03, 2013, 01:01:13 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 03, 2013, 12:57:25 AM

Well thats the other thing if you were to start it at 9am AEDT.  For people in WA (if there are any) it would be 7 am or so... ouch

You must have misinterpreted what I said or not read it correctly. :P

I said I'd make it for midday on the east coast so that it's 9am on the west coast. The only other option would be to move it to the late afternoon/early evening east coast time e.g. 5/6pm, which means it would be roughly 2/3pm on the west coast which is still somewhat early. That way, if any of you are party animals and have commitments for later in the evening, you can still go out.