Hey, how do i join in?

Started by kilbluff1985, November 25, 2012, 05:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 19, 2012, 04:17:27 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 19, 2012, 04:07:02 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on December 19, 2012, 04:04:33 PM
Well use a different scoring system then. Takes away from the original DT verison if another is made...

takes what away exactly?
The prestige of being the DT XV competition. Should only be one comp per scoring method. If we were to make a new comp each time a couple of coaches wanted to join we would have 20 comps within 3 years...
Gee Nails will struggle with 20 teams :o

Ziplock

more comps is unnecessary-  we've had a pretty big turnover in coaches in euros, I think 6 have quit in the last year?

Nige

Look what Toga and I started... ::)  :-X

Jroo

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 19, 2012, 04:02:26 PM
Well you could go to a different site and make the game, but what would be the point of having 2 DT leagues?
Thoughts on maybe two divisions?
So division one is the current DT/SC XV coaches and Div 2 the new ones.
And use a regulation system possibly, so maybe top 3 from Div 2 go up to Div 1 and bottom 3 from Div 1 go down.
I dunno just a suggestion  :-\

CrowsFan

Quote from: JROO8 on December 19, 2012, 04:56:54 PM
Well you could go to a different site and make the game, but what would be the point of having 2 DT leagues?
And use a regulation system possibly, so maybe top 3 from Div 2 go up to Div 1 and bottom 3 from Div 1 go down.
But then there would be teams with the same players in the same league. Wouldn't work...

Jroo

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 19, 2012, 04:59:58 PM
But then there would be teams with the same players in the same league. Wouldn't work...
Yeah your right, won't work unless everyone halved there list. Eg. You delist your worst 20 players or so and then there is a draft fo the Div 2 teams. I don't think it will happen though

Justin Bieber

What is Americans joined SC and DT scoring into one? :o.

I am just joking of course, hopefully nobody takes me seriously, although this kind of scoring system isn't a bad idea :P.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: whatlez on December 19, 2012, 04:10:26 PM
Only if you're bored

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,67115.0.html

well that was a let down read the whole thing waiting for C4 to go nuts but never happened lol

Nige

And use a regulation relegation system possibly, so maybe top 3 from Div 2 go up to Div 1 and bottom 3 from Div 1 go down.

Fixed.  :)

But yeah, it's clear that with a majority against it, even if it was run on a different site, people are always going to be butthurt over this.

I recall correctly, somebody said something of making the whole XV thing smaller if anything...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 19, 2012, 05:03:46 PM
Quote from: whatlez on December 19, 2012, 04:10:26 PM
Only if you're bored

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,67115.0.html

well that was a let down read the whole thing waiting for C4 to go nuts but never happened lol
Lol nah a lot of people just angry with the idea.

Jay

We could do it on a different site, taking nothing away from the European 15s. As let's face it, the best part about these comps are the initial drafts IMO and even if these new coaches get positions elsewhere then they wouldn't have had the enjoyment of drafting their own side from scratch that they will in American XVs :)

kilbluff1985

just having a reserves league in World or Euro's would be a good idea i think

Nige

This is NigeyS callings dibs whenever a coaching vacancy pops up.

Still looking to join a EXVs side too which is kinda how this whole debate sparked...

Jroo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 19, 2012, 05:08:06 PM

just having a reserves league in World or Euro's would be a good idea i think
I just don't think the current Worlds/Euros coaches would be big fans of this

Toga

Quote from: Jayman on December 19, 2012, 05:07:54 PM
We could do it on a different site, taking nothing away from the European 15s. As let's face it, the best part about these comps are the initial drafts IMO and even if these new coaches get positions elsewhere then they wouldn't have had the enjoyment of drafting their own side from scratch that they will in American XVs :)

yeah i agree, for me (I am an assistant in AXV, EXV and WXV) the thing I most look forward to when I become a coach is creating that thread to tinker with, and the whole drafting/trading process!