Euros 15s National Draft 2013

Started by elephants, November 22, 2012, 07:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

I'll go with Jack Neade :). Sent Hawka a PM as well.

Ziplock

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 26, 2012, 11:38:04 PM
Quote from: Scrads on November 26, 2012, 10:57:50 PM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 26, 2012, 10:46:01 PM
Im happy to let people take their time but you know lets keep things moving. If you dont pick in 12 or 15 or 20 (something) hours then your pick gets skipped, or you recieve the next highest aval player

to avoid having days where no players are picked ;)

This is a bit harsh, we have 15 days between now and the rookie draft to make 34 picks (not including any PASS picks which I am tipping there may be a fair few of).

The only reason the draft should be sped up is if we intend to have a trade period before the rookie draft which I think wouldn't be a bad idea as it enables a few more 2 for 1 or trades involving rookie picks because 1 for 1 and 2 for 2 trades with players only are pretty hard to be agreed upon from both sides.

But taking 24 hours to pick is just ridiculous. Surely you can make up your mind quicker than that. Im also for a trade period but make a cap of max of 5 list movements (maybe even less) even if it is just a 3 day trade period. For example Bashers have no rookie picks atm wouldnt mind a few ;)

its not the making up your mind, it's the accessibility to a computer. For instance, if I go out at lets say 6pm on a saturday night to go to the city, and stay the night there, I'm not going to be getting home until like 3 on a sunday afternoon, presuming transportation and w.e all work out.

if lets say there were 10 picks between me and when I left, but you guys all happened to pick in about an hour after I left, completely plausible, well you get my point.

we have the 24 hr rule for a reason- it's very easy to follow, understand and it gives you enough time to pick if you have issues like what nails had.

nostradamus

Quote from: Ziplock on November 27, 2012, 12:02:09 AM
Im happy to let people take their time but you know lets keep things moving. If you dont pick in 12 or 15 or 20 (something) hours then your pick gets skipped, or you recieve the next highest aval player

This is a bit harsh, we have 15 days between now and the rookie draft to make 34 picks (not including any PASS picks which I am tipping there may be a fair few of).

The only reason the draft should be sped up is if we intend to have a trade period before the rookie draft which I think wouldn't be a bad idea as it enables a few more 2 for 1 or trades involving rookie picks because 1 for 1 and 2 for 2 trades with players only are pretty hard to be agreed upon from both sides.

But taking 24 hours to pick is just ridiculous. Surely you can make up your mind quicker than that. Im also for a trade period but make a cap of max of 5 list movements (maybe even less) even if it is just a 3 day trade period. For example Bashers have no rookie picks atm wouldnt mind a few ;)

its not the making up your mind, it's the accessibility to a computer. For instance, if I go out at lets say 6pm on a saturday night to go to the city, and stay the night there, I'm not going to be getting home until like 3 on a sunday afternoon, presuming transportation and w.e all work out.

if lets say there were 10 picks between me and when I left, but you guys all happened to pick in about an hour after I left, completely plausible, well you get my point.

we have the 24 hr rule for a reason- it's very easy to follow, understand and it gives you enough time to pick if you have issues like what nails had.

a very emphatic +1

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Scrads on November 26, 2012, 11:45:25 PM

Come see me if that ends up being the case, I will have 11 rookie picks ;)

Holzman cough cough pleeeeease cough cough pretty pleeeeeaasse

Hawka

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Hawka on November 27, 2012, 02:10:39 AM
Urm Brodie murdoch

Very very very talented youngster pity he went to saints

Holz

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 27, 2012, 12:22:36 AM
Quote from: Scrads on November 26, 2012, 11:45:25 PM

Come see me if that ends up being the case, I will have 11 rookie picks ;)

Holzman cough cough pleeeeease cough cough pretty pleeeeeaasse

I will be sending out PMs putting it to vote. The cap will be 5 trades if it happens. the 4 player cap trade period for after the draft will start. But im beguining to think it is a good idea, as the nat draft shakes some things up.

CrowsFan

The Bison will take this years winner of the Morrish Medal. Averaged 25 disposals per game and 110 DT points.

Nick Graham

Justin Bieber

Scrads

40. Torpedo
41. Elephants
42. Nails
43. Nostradamus
44. Pickers
45. Hawka
46. JB
47. Scrads
48. Hawka
49. Lahug
50. Pickers
51. HP
52. Elephants
53. HP
54. Elephants
55. Nostradamus
56. Elephants
57. Nostradamus
58. Holz
59. Hawka
60. JB
61. HP
62. Lahug
63. Lahug
64. Lahug
65. HP
66. Elephants
67. Spinking
68. Torpedo
69. Scrads
70. Nails

Is the remainder of the draft.

Holz wasn't there 71 picks in this draft ? Where did the 71st pick go ? lol :-\

CrowsFan

Torp. I sent him a PM after I picked

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 27, 2012, 03:12:19 PM
Torp. I sent him a PM after I picked

he would be at school wouldnt expect a pick until tonight but we know who were picking so as soon as torps picks me or ric will post up ours then its onto nails so might wanna pm nails as well

Scrads

I know it is a bit late and probably my fault for not noticing them before but Jack Osborn and Tim Klaosen from the Crows should both also be available in this draft.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Scrads on November 27, 2012, 03:45:32 PM
I know it is a bit late and probably my fault for not noticing them before but Jack Osborn and Tim Klaosen from the Crows should both also be available in this draft.

all good not that anyone would have picked em yet

LaHug

I'm enjoying the stress free approach of having CF pick for me while I have a stressful time organising stuff in the real world :)