Main Menu

How Do You?

Started by 6ft Hick, November 21, 2012, 12:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6ft Hick

Hi Footy Fans.
Love the site and get lots of useful tips and information from here.

I've made up a spread sheet on Excel that i would like to post, but when i try to paste it, everything doesn't line up and the colouring doesn't show.

So i'd just like to know whats the trick to posting Excel spread sheets on this site?

Thanks

kilbluff1985

when you try and post new topic underneath the main box is an option for  Attachments click on that and you should be able to ad files from your pc well i hope :o

Capper

what you could do is take a snap shot of your excel sheet and then using the "Insert image" icon, post the pic

Ringo

Attachments have been an issue mainly due to size.  I have used TABS suggestion before and it works ok.

Have not been able to add a spreadsheet as an attachment though to date.

6ft Hick

Hi thanks for the advice.
Yes i've managed to start the Topic "Home and Away, plus who plays Twice" and have added the attachment to the post.
Have managed to do a picture of it also with "paint box" on my computer.
Now how do you insert pictures on the post. Tried to copy and paste but no luck yet.
I hate computers. :-X

kilbluff1985

Quote from: 6ft Hick on November 21, 2012, 02:15:09 PM
Yes i've managed to start the Topic "Home and Away, plus who plays Twice" and have added the attachment to the post.
Now how do you insert pictures on the post. Tried to copy and paste but no luck yet.

need to to do this put the image url in the middle

hmm it wont let me show it just goes blank wtf

Grazz

Quote from: 6ft Hick on November 21, 2012, 02:15:09 PM

I use Photobucket for adding pictures to posts. I take the picture i want to post and upload it to Photobucket then from there just copy it and paste it here, photobucket does all the hard work resizing etc. They have changed their site a little recently so i need to learn how to do it again as i have had a couple of issues with it lately but a site like that or that one is the easiest way i can advise.
Im pretty much useless on computers but found this simple once i sussed it out.

6ft Hick

All sorted now.
I'm becoming a computer expert. :o

Thanks for the help.

Grazz

Quote from: 6ft Hick on November 21, 2012, 02:39:09 PM
All sorted now.
I'm becoming a computer expert. :o

Thanks for the help.

Good onya i still feel pretty useless so youve gone past me  :-[ can i ask what you ended up doing as i said im having issues with photobucket now theyve changed the site around. Thanks.

6ft Hick

I copied what i wanted to show from the excel spreadsheet. Then pasted it to the "Paint" program  on the computer which comes with windows.

Grazz

Quote from: 6ft Hick on November 21, 2012, 03:03:10 PM
I copied what i wanted to show from the excel spreadsheet. Then pasted it to the "Paint" program  on the computer which comes with windows.

Thanks

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Grazz on November 21, 2012, 03:16:57 PM

Thanks

I use tinypic Grazz, always found it to be good. :)

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 21, 2012, 03:59:55 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 21, 2012, 03:16:57 PM

Thanks

I use tinypic Grazz, always found it to be good. :)

Thanks MC.

Capper

There is a program called Fastcapture that you can download for free. You can use it to take snapshots of anything on your computer and then store it as a JPG, PNG, etc....

Then i use "http://imageshack.us/" to upload the picture to and use the direct URL link to the picture and post it in the threads using the insert picture icon

Grazz

Thats kinda what i was doing with photobucket untill they modified the site now im back to working it out again lol. :-[