TV Series: Warning - Spoilers Inside

Started by monstrum, October 06, 2012, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Quote from: whatlez on April 01, 2014, 09:05:15 PM
Quote from: jobe#4 on April 01, 2014, 05:51:30 PM
Quote from: Noz on April 01, 2014, 05:49:52 PM
Quote from: jobe#4 on April 01, 2014, 05:27:48 PM
also for the TWD end bit in the carriage, and I may just be blind, but did anybody see the scientist with the mullet? the guy with the cure?
he might've been there, it was dark

His name is Eugene and yeah he was in there he was standing next to Sergeant Ford!
oh really? should probably go to specksavers

Who I didn't see was that girl from their group. Forgot her name, but didn't see her.

Rosita? Yeah she was on the right side next to Maggie. Im 95% sure.

LF

Yeah im fairly sure she was there as well

Justin Bieber

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 01, 2014, 08:37:48 PM
Just watched HIMYM finale - not bad I guess. She was dead as expected, but having Barney and Robin divorce, Barney be a dad to some random one night stand and then all along it was more or less about Robin, dunno, it was good, but I think they jammed too many big changes in that one finale, and it made it feel like the first 23 episodes, all around Barney and Robins wedding was pretty pointless, and more time could have been spent on the divorce, barney dad, ted and robin etc
I feel the same :(.

I knew she was going to die, but still made me tear up a bit. But then the ending... No tears there, they just went the corny route so was sort of left down :(.

Agree that having them divorce makes the last season kinda moot, could have much better spent their time for at least half the season talking about the future (e.g. like an ep for each fast forward in time). Would have loved that rather than the mother playing second fiddle in the finale... WE WAITED SO LONG FOR HER TO INTERACT WITH TED AND WE BARELY ACTUALLY SEE THEM TOGETHER. Saying all that, my theory that he ends up with Robin did eventually come true even though thought it was unlikely after her marrying Barney :P.

EDIT: Also there was a past episode where there is a child's drawing with "Aunt Robin" with the kids which seemed like she was close to them all while the kids were young. But she disappeared while most of the kids were growing up besides that random sighting in the street, so just a sort of random thing I remember :P.

RaisyDaisy

The writers backed themselves into this

The ending was decided and filmed years ago (circa 2005 when the show started) and because they stuck with it, it didn't totally work because not even back then could they have envisaged how much the characters would have actually developed over 9 years, and the relationship the viewers would build with them

I hope future writers don't go down this route of setting a fixed ending years before they get there, a show needs to naturally evolve and the direction of the show and it's characters needs to be flexible enough to adapt to what the viewers want and feel

The last season could have been amazing. Imagine seeing, in detail, over 24 episodes all the things like weddings, kids born, career changes, life changes. so much more of the mother etc, everything they crammed in that last hour could have been the main focusses of a 24 episode series, and that would have been fantastic, instead of the weekend wedding draw out

Justin Bieber

Yeah, kinda said that they should have spread that out as well, as seemed so rushed.

And that sounds bad, having it all figured out from the very start. Then having to somehow get to it within a season, but the last season was based around the wedding like you said. And that didn't lead anywhere besides everybody meeting the mother and getting to know her. At least shows can hopefully learn not to have everything planned out years in advance, so much can happen and we become emotionally invested into the characters :P.

BoredSaint

yeah the finale was sooooo rushed.. They did about 10 years in 20 mins when they could have done it over a season.. AND THE STUPID DIVORCE... LIKE WTFFFFF.. SPEND THE WHOLE SEASON LEADING UP TO THE BIG WEDDING.. NEK MINNIT DIVORCE WITHIN 2 MINS OF THE EPISODE

and yeah.. that ending was just stupid.. SO MUCH FANSERVICE

BoredSaint

OMG GUYS ON A SIDE NOTE THOUGH

IM CALLING THIS FIRST

Barney is the father of the spin-off "How I met your Father". Ie. Number 31 is the main character of the spin-off (can't remember the name)

#CALLEDITFIRST

Justin Bieber

I could actually see that happening the way HIMYM ended with him. And have it parallel the normal series without us knowing any actual dates or anything. Cause if they start in like 2009 or something, would be obvious :P.

RaisyDaisy

Yeah that could be a possibility, but I have read that this is totally new and has nothing to do with HIMYM, but obviously that might not be true

I just watched the finale again, I thought watching it for a 2nd time would help me see it all, and notice a few little things I might have missed watching it the first time

I feel better having watched it the 2nd time, and now I walk away with the following outcomes:

Ted has told his kids this story 6 years after the mother died, to give his children the story about his life with friends and how he met their mother, but he initially told this story so, like his daughter said, he could now pursue a relationship with Robin as 6 years after his wife has died he has had time to deal with it, move on and try and make something happen with Robin

Initially I didn't understand why they spent so much time building up Barney over the past season or two, showing how he has grown and was finally ready to settle with Robin, but then the scene where they are in the bar, and he says how he tried and if it isn't going to work with Robin then it wont happen with anyone, I am who I am so let me be that person, so that makes sense to me now

Having watched it for a second time I do actually like it much more now then what I initially thought. Of course I wish they did the final season much more different instead of the whole weekend wedding, but I guess it shows that everything isn't always perfect, friends grow apart, go their own ways, and relationships end, divorce etc. The reality of what happened is real, but I think us as invested viewers wanted a more perfect ending, and life isn't perfect.

Capper

Quote from: Keeper27 on April 01, 2014, 01:50:39 PM
OK ending for HIMYM.
few turns i did not expect, but as an overall ending it was wrapped up nicely.
Agree, really enjoyed the ending. Friends of mine hated it but it was a good way to say goodbye. Even though it made my flat mate cry

Boomz

The final of HIMYM was pretty good imo.

Just started on Hannibal (Cheers to KB) and loving the first season. Just enough gore & great cast.

Noz

Hannibal is quickly becoming my favourite show possible ever.

Toga

Hannibal sounds like it's getting a lot of great reviews from you guys... Might have to give it a look once I get through some TWD, and catch up on Suits & Game of Thrones when it starts up again :P

Boomz

It's definitely worth a look. Almost through the first season in like 2 days  :-X Caught up on Suits too but not been as good as the first half of the season imo.

Toga

I'll definitely check it out then! Haven't even started S3 of Suits yet :(

Watched the first couple of episodes of TWD, pretty good so far... Not the usual kind of show I'm into but I'm enjoying it, quite action packed! Took me agessss to figure out Lori Grimes is Sara Tancredi from Prison Break, knew I recognised her but couldn't put a name to the face :P