Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 20, 2013, 05:30:05 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 20, 2013, 01:51:39 AM
back lines smack lines

we have backs

Hurn , Chaplin , Reid , Dempsey , Howard , Myers , Suban , Armstrong

don't laugh this lot may surprise a lot of people this season, well if half do we'll be better than we look  :o

and here is the first one of my backs to break out;

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-20/suban-in-the-centre

Sorry to burst your bubble Colli but to breakout a player actually has to play the season and show than he's increased his average by 10-15 points.

Suban is 23 (or more) games away from breaking out :P

I do rate him though and think this could definitely be his year but pre-season reports are definitely not always the best to go off.

Although if you're claiming Suban then we'll take Liam Jones (who I helped procure in a trade).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-20/jones-to-step-up

The reasons I think he was a good pick up are as follows.

• Key forwards who take marks, kick a bag and monster their opposing defenders score well in this game, a lot more so than in dream team (probably because goals are worth 12 points and marks 4 points whereas the value of handballs is reduced in this game compared to other stats).

• While Jones struggled last season he has the physique and is still young and showed something in 2011. KPP always take longer to develop than other players, with a few exceptions

• The Bulldogs didn't sign anyone else in the off-season despite trying to get Dawes and Gumbleton so they have to make do with what they have. With Roughead heading to defence (CHB) this means Jones will get plenty of chances this season to cement a spot.

I think this season he'll show signs that he can be a good player and there will be a few games where we'll regret he was on the bench/not playing.

And next season he should start putting out some more regular good Sportsbet scores.

Colliwobblers

yeah suban is a good chance to play maybe vested maybe not may increase his average - has to really its shower....

Jones is a key fwd, high draft pick, the kid had potential, probably still does, it just takes a long time and playing in the dogs fwd line probably caused it to take longer than normal.

if not this year, next year it will happen, but i think he has to make it happen soon as he only has so much time to step up and there are a few tall fwds on the dogs list i think are in the same boat.

Jay

Get around ScottyD! Looking very good, solid 54 DT

Key to my top 4 hopes IMO

tbagrocks

Goldstein's good ::)  His team mate Jacobs will score well tonight ;D  where the frong was Jimmy the Gun >:(  sheesh i'm getting so many have game players this round, and we rested out two captains of course ::)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 22, 2013, 09:47:19 PM
Goldstein's good ::)  His team mate Jacobs will score well tonight ;D  where the frong was Jimmy the Gun >:(  sheesh i'm getting so many have game players this round, and we rested out two captains of course ::)

ive said it all preseason goldspud has to be the single worst DT / SB ruckman you could possibly choose.

don't know how 2010 average happened but ill bet my lefty it never happens again. SPUD

tbagrocks

Gold spud 5  ;D Swallow, atley 59, Jacobs 69 :o

Justin Bieber

tbagrocks

Had a great game! Not many ruckman have their total score 100% from hitouts :o

Toumpas? Hous the Gun looking?

Justin Bieber

tbagrocks

Howe 68 game one

one handpass in game two

tbagrocks

Gazelles v Llamas with their Melbourne super rookies battle has begun

Jack Vine from two games with 32

Jimmy the Gun from one game 56 8)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 22, 2013, 10:53:47 PM
Gazelles v Llamas with their Melbourne super rookies battle has begun

Jack Vine from two games with 32

Jimmy the Gun from one game 56 8)

toumpas was my first pick in my DT  this season all preseason until i first posted my team and everyone laughed at me.

GUN - but maybe a little too expensive, I'm not paying $80K extra if the cheaper guys stand up, which it looks like plenty are / will .

MARIC = LOCKED best ruck after cox and nicnat hands down!

tbagrocks

Tending to agree about going Ivan, could still be tempted by McEvoy if it looks like Hickey won't affect his, and a smokey, JJ :o  but only because of the trading, should make cash to then get the best if Cox is forward

Tried to tell everyone about Jimmy :P  I think ir was 28 ave disposal in the U18 champs and BOG for Eagles in the senior GF in 2011 8)

tbagrocks

How 70, 68 game one :o

Watts 85

jones N 81

Houli 54

Newman 44

Colliwobblers