AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 18, 2013, 02:40:25 AM
I must say the Bears backline looks very impressive.

Waters, Duffield, Broughton, Stanley.

Your midfield is also very strong and I think Robinson is better than Martin up front.

However, the forward line is what will make or break your title challenge. Walker and Riewoldt need to have good seasons and Harvey won't be around for six weeks.

I do also think though that Wright>Robinson>Martin this season but only time will tell.

Very hard to pick a winning team in this comp.

Yeah, the forward line is definitely my biggest concern and Nails really runs away with it there. His forward line is very strong with the Buddy and Pav combo.

I think my backline and midfield definitely make up for it though, just hoping that Walker can have a really good season under Mick.

Not too worried about NRoo, he is a massive scorer in this comp as goals are worth a lot. He averages around 125 I think.

I reckon Robinson > Martin > Wright, but I'm a massive Robbo fan and have never really liked Matty Wright for some reason...

Justin Bieber

Yeah I don't get the hype on Wright either....

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on February 18, 2013, 03:08:06 AM
Yeah I don't get the hype on Wright either....
You don't need too ;)  hopefully the AFL coaches feel the same way ;D

Wright will be on top who wants to bet me?

I have tried to tell all you all along

Nails

Wright > Robbo > Dustin

However Wright and Dustin play 18+ Games

Robbo around 16.

Robbo still bugs me, he was my smokey in 2010, but after a 24 and getting dropped from the side I had to cut my losses. Then I didn't start him in 2011 and he smashed it. Same happened to one of my 2011 smokeys, but I forgot who.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Adamant on February 18, 2013, 03:04:29 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 18, 2013, 02:40:25 AM
I must say the Bears backline looks very impressive.

Waters, Duffield, Broughton, Stanley.

Your midfield is also very strong and I think Robinson is better than Martin up front.

However, the forward line is what will make or break your title challenge. Walker and Riewoldt need to have good seasons and Harvey won't be around for six weeks.

I do also think though that Wright>Robinson>Martin this season but only time will tell.

Very hard to pick a winning team in this comp.

Yeah, the forward line is definitely my biggest concern and Nails really runs away with it there. His forward line is very strong with the Buddy and Pav combo.

I think my backline and midfield definitely make up for it though, just hoping that Walker can have a really good season under Mick.

Not too worried about NRoo, he is a massive scorer in this comp as goals are worth a lot. He averages around 125 I think.

I reckon Robinson > Martin > Wright, but I'm a massive Robbo fan and have never really liked Matty Wright for some reason...

This game really benefits players who kick bags of goals though so it's likely that if Pav, Buddy and Brown all fire Nails will dominate. Roughead is also likely to kick plenty as well.

Nails can you update you list in your team thread please so we can make a proper comparison? I know you have Byrnes and Schulz now, unless you on-traded them.

Justin Bieber

Don't want to be picky, but Is anyone going to do a predictions thread?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on February 18, 2013, 09:35:26 PM
Don't want to be picky, but Is anyone going to do a predictions thread?

tbag is in charge of odds, betting so i guess he is responsible for that :) haha maybe once he gets on top of his preseason cap he can get started on that :)

be interesting to see the teams people think will fill out the bottom half of the top 8 1-4 is not too hard to guess at but who fills up 5-8

just like the real AFL that is a HARD CALL.

picking the top and bottom 4 is easy picking who is in the middle and where they finish ??? not so easy

Jay

Think you can lock in the Strikers for 5-8, CW!

Alot will have to go right for us to knock the Lambs out for a top 4 spot :-\

Thing is though, my team is still young! Suckling, Golby, Jack, Sidey, Jacobs, Daisy, M.Clark, J.Kennedy, Scully and Conca. All in my starting XV and all 25 or under :D :D :D

Justin Bieber

Lock the Elephants in the bottom 8 :( lol

With starter Brode out :'(

Adamant

Haha Wellingham will miss the rest of NAB and might not play round 1 after a trampoline accident.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-18/wellingham-bounces-out

My Mundy/Wellingham for Boyd/Lester trade is looking good now. ;)

Jroo

My predictions
1st Adamant
2nd Nails
3rd BB67th
4th Noz
5th Toga/Picker
6th JBs Hawks
7th JROO8
8th Jayman
9th Tor01Doc
10th Whatlez
11th Colliwobblers
12th Maca24/Sid
13th KoopKicka
14th Monstrum
15th Nostradamus
16th Tbagrocks

tbagrocks

The Llamas could still suprise ::)

You have the Strikers, Lambs and Tigers too low

How the frog are the Elephants goiung to finish 10th on the back of one player :o no chance of that

Will have the odds and favorites thread up fairly soon ;)

At this stage it looks like the Dongs, Bears and Folders are the favs, Dolphins and Strikers can challenge

Looks as if 11 teams will be very srtong

Jroo

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 18, 2013, 11:18:46 PM
The Llamas could still suprise ::)

You have the Strikers, Lambs and Tigers too low

How the frog are the Elephants goiung to finish 10th on the back of one player :o no chance of that

Will have the odds and favorites thread up fairly soon ;)

At this stage it looks like the Dongs, Bears and Folders are the favs, Dolphins and Strikers can challenge
Haha sorry Tbag, but don't worry your team will be up there in a few years.
I actually think Lez's team isn't too bad, he has a pretty strong backline, strong midfield, a good ruckmen and Tex up forward.
I reckon Noz's team could be a surprise packet, looking at his team he has quite a few guns and a lot of depth, if he gets any injuires.

JBs-Hawks

I reckon that's a pretty good effort at predictions. On paper the top 9 maybe 10 if lez's boys fire are pretty set.

Toga

Think you seriously underrate alot of our player Jroo, just sayin' ;) :(