AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

CW I just thought of something, a pre-season cup?

I'd be willing to take care of scores, what do you think of this?

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on February 06, 2013, 12:03:03 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 08:56:42 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 05, 2013, 08:34:29 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 01:20:18 PM
I remember saying the Folders looked the best last year when we did our predictions, and wow they are looking strong, here's a preview of the danger you will all come to fear

B: Otten, Jacobs, Pittard, Batchelor
M: Dangerman, Gaff, Trengove, Wallis
R: Smith
F: Vickery, Matera, Butcher, Lynch
U: Wingard, Milera
EM: C Smith, Gorringe, Cameron, D Smith

Ok so i'm relying on some 2nd and 3rd year players to stand up but we can compete 8)
Spoon!! Dangerfield would be like the only player to make most peoples starting sides!! haha lol.
Stop critisizing and post your excuse for a team
Can you and the great man?
Hey Mr Potato Head, why haven't you posted your best 15 yet ??? it is actually very helpful is people do post their 2013 starting line up, but Lez mate you should be leading the way were with XV's experience, just post your team already >:(

Not here, please post your starting 15 in the prospective 2013 thread, thanks

Adamant

You could just look at his thread, tbag...

tbagrocks

Quote from: Adamant on February 06, 2013, 03:02:14 AM
You could just look at his thread, tbag...
Yeah i'm not as stupid as people think :o

I got all the teams from recent and before that was like November so ???

So it would be much appreciated if the rest of the teams could be posted, and we don't need spuds posting lemons when they haven't actually posted their own team >:(

Adamant

I've written out (in no particular order) who I think are the top 4 premiership contending teams for 2013. This gives everyone an easy way to compare each player in their best 15.
*Players are in order of their 2012 average.

Bangladesh Bears         Manila Folders                 Hong Kong Dongs               Mongolian Lambs

Defenders           Defenders           Defenders                        Defenders

Beau WatersBrendon Goddard           Jack Grimes                       Pearce Hanley
Danny StanleyMichael Johnson           Heath Scotland                   Bachar Houli
Paul DuffieldAndrew Mackie           Luke McPharlin                   Shannon Hurn
Jared BrennanBrent Reilly           Chris Newman                    Nick Malceski

Midfielders              Midfielders                Midfielders                       Midfielders

Joel SelwoodDane Swan                James Kelly                        Marc Murphy
Shane TuckBrock McLean                Ryan Griffen                       Ryan O'Keefe
Nathan FyfeNick Dal Santo                Leigh Montagna                   Shaun Grigg
Sam MitchellNathan Foley                Liam Anthony                      Matt Priddis

Ruckmen               Ruckmen                     Ruckmen                          Ruckmen

Ben McEvoyWill Minson                     Jarryd Roughead                Jonathon Giles

Forwards    Forwards          Forwards                         Forwards

Dustin MartinDayne Zorko          Lance Franklin                    Jack Riewoldt
Jordan LewisTravis Cloke          Matthew Pavlich                  Jeremy Howe
Nick RiewoldtHayden Ballantyne          Jimmy Bartel                      Kurt Tippett
Sharrod WellinghamChris Mayne          Jonathon Brown                  Drew Petrie

Utilities                       Utilities                         Utilities                            Utilities

David Mundy                 Bernie Vince                   Lenny Hayes                       Nathan Van Berlo
Daniel Cross                 Ryan Bastinac                 Kane Cornes                       Jarrad McVeigh

*UAE Tigers (JROO8) is unlucky to miss out on top 4 by my predictions, but if a couple of his players breakout/return to old form, he will definitely be in the mix.

Jay

After the draft I thought Nails would have been favourite but, I can't see him taking it out now - doesn't have the midfield to match any of the other contenders.

Toga

Nice work with that comparison ada :)

I like the fact that a month ago our backline looked absolutely showerhouse, but the recruitment of Hanley & Hurn have it looking like it is ready to match it with the rest of ya 8)

Reckon it'll be pretty tight tho, all of our midfields, forward and back lines are looking pretty even imo. Fair chance it could come down to injuries and our sides' depth!

nostradamus

Quote from: Toga on February 06, 2013, 11:01:16 PM
Nice work with that comparison ada :)

I like the fact that a month ago our backline looked absolutely showerhouse, but the recruitment of Hanley & Hurn have it looking like it is ready to match it with the rest of ya 8)

Reckon it'll be pretty tight tho, all of our midfields, forward and back lines are looking pretty even imo. Fair chance it could come down to injuries and our sides' depth!

you're spot on there Toga.....another thing that has an impact is players who are rested at that time of the year

Nails

Quote from: Jayman on February 06, 2013, 10:15:40 AM
After the draft I thought Nails would have been favourite but, I can't see him taking it out now - doesn't have the midfield to match any of the other contenders.

That's the thing... Sportsbet is forward line dominant. Our forward line probably out averages all the midfields in the comp except one with Swan...

We have the 4th and 15th highest overall average in the comp in our fwds.

We also have a pretty premium mids, all averaging 125-130.

EDIT: Once you factor in Swan mids have Foley, we probably out average them all. Also with Lions becoming big improvers, I see J. Brown lifting up to a 120-125 ave.

Colliwobblers

goal kicking midfielders dominate sportsbet.  Enter BEAMS....

and goal kicking ruckmen are the key, ryder, roughead and cox must be the first three considered

Buddy goes alright too,

Justin Bieber

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on February 07, 2013, 12:43:45 AM
Dongs are old and injured.
And suspended, Scotland, Montagna and Kelly are all suspended for round one

Nails

They're actually a lot younger than they appear to be.

Though I've probably traded in a few oldies when I should've kept it younger

It was pretty young-ish to begin.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 06, 2013, 02:58:09 AM
Quote from: whatlez on February 06, 2013, 12:03:03 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 08:56:42 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 05, 2013, 08:34:29 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 01:20:18 PM
I remember saying the Folders looked the best last year when we did our predictions, and wow they are looking strong, here's a preview of the danger you will all come to fear

B: Otten, Jacobs, Pittard, Batchelor
M: Dangerman, Gaff, Trengove, Wallis
R: Smith
F: Vickery, Matera, Butcher, Lynch
U: Wingard, Milera
EM: C Smith, Gorringe, Cameron, D Smith

Ok so i'm relying on some 2nd and 3rd year players to stand up but we can compete 8)
Spoon!! Dangerfield would be like the only player to make most peoples starting sides!! haha lol.
Stop critisizing and post your excuse for a team
Can you and the great man?
Hey Mr Potato Head, why haven't you posted your best 15 yet ??? it is actually very helpful is people do post their 2013 starting line up, but Lez mate you should be leading the way were with XV's experience, just post your team already >:(

Not here, please post your starting 15 in the prospective 2013 thread, thanks
Whoops I couldn't post so I tried asking you and saying the man as in Taylor Walker, but didn't come out that well.... :(

tbagrocks

Oh, well I was a little tipsy last night ::) so I guess I got a little vocal ::) sorry guys :-[