AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Hi All, this is a personal message I would rather not have to be making but to be fair to you all and to ensure continued excellence in this competition I will do so.

3 weeks ago i was made redundant by my employer, big salary big commitments, big problem!

While I should start work again next week pending a few details looks like I will be into a new role and back in business, however a reduced salary and things will be tough for quite some time.

The new role will be a bit more demanding on my time however I will have plenty of time at night to fulfill my duties as AXVs administrator. Sadly more time than I would like due to the following point.

This week my wife left, with the kids of course. very unhappy about this but no one to blame but myself. NO NOT FF, all me , well her and I anyway.

Suffice to say I'm not doing real well at the moment and might struggle to be on here a lot and at my usual lovely chatty social self. Maybe I hope to some extent the relationships I have formed on here although distant and internet based will help keep my mind off things and FF can be of benefit to me keeping my mind off things and my spirits up.

I would happily and gratefully accept any offers for assistance in running AXVs as I said I should have no problem maintaining things myself but I think it best for everyone involved that we have an assistant or two we can count on to keep things moving in the event I have a bad day or two and a decision needs to be made or an admin thing needs to be done.

Don't mean to dump my issues on everyone, life goes on I should be fine, don't feel like I will be right now but I am sure I will. Just want to make sure I am up front and cover myself so we don't end up in a mess due to me not doing everything when I should or by me being away for periods of time.

Have the national draft starting on the 23rd I do hope to be in a somewhat better state of mind than I am now by then but again best to have an assistant just in case.

The assistant only need perform general duties and rule on skipped picks ect, there won't be much work involved just a go-to guy in the event I am absent, which I do not plan to be but you never know.

EDIT*  Thanks for all the support guys, lovely to receive it, I have sorted most of this out and am well and truly back on track.

So I will remain single for now which is great - more time for FF :)  but in all seriousness I will still appoint a couple of assistants shortly to assist in the general running of this competition to ensure we always keep on top of everything at all times.

Again thanks for the kindness, great bunch of people and happy to report I am just about my old self again.

Justin Bieber

Very sad to hear :(

Hope all is well soon :)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on November 11, 2012, 01:39:27 PM
Very sad to hear :(

Hope all is well soon :)

Thanks mate, appreciate it, try to keep busy i guess...

nostradamus

Geez Colli, thats alot of life changing stuff to be happenng all at once, have you been kicking black cats or something?

l hope its just a glitch on the family side of things and that everything comes up roses sooner rather than later mate. And as for the job aspect, something better might be just around the corner, if your work ethic here is anything to go by l'm sure it will be.

Thoughts are with you man  8)

Noz

Very sad Colli hope everything turns good take as much time as you need to get things sorted out

I will help if needed.

Colliwobblers

thanks guys, the job isn't the issue so much just a necessary evil :) hope to get the good news on that Monday, it's a big company so drug and alcohol screening first  :o  no issues there i think....

Noz thanks for the offer I don't think we need a vote or anything official I am happy to list you as an assistant administrator if your keen, I think there may be one or two others once they hear, might PM everyone later.

Will make an official sort of post about it and add it to the rules thread in due course.

tbagrocks

Sorry to hear mate, hopefully some good cricket will take your mind off things, you have been doing an amazing job and are a quility person, FF is much richer for your participation. Hopefully luck turns around for you, will keep you in my prayers

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 11, 2012, 03:58:08 PM
Sorry to hear mate, hopefully some good cricket will take your mind off things, you have been doing an amazing job and are a quility person, FF is much richer for your participation. Hopefully luck turns around for you, will keep you in my prayers

Thanks Tbag prayers are what I need :) dug myself a nice big hole

Adamant

Very sorry to hear Colli :( Hope everything works out :)

tor01doc

Gotta laugh!

When I heard Hird had delisted my defending vacuum cleaner - AKA Dyson - I wrote shower and it autocorrected to shower.

J C Hunt might get a game now!

tor01doc

It did it again.

What does a guy have to do to have a shower here?

tor01doc

Again. I am clean but still need a shower!

I am busting.

tor01doc

Maybe I should shower in the shower.

tor01doc

No. damn autocorrect.

What about letting me take a dump!

Jay

You had too much to drink again Doc? :P