Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

It's all about you, isn't it Adam!  ;D

Adamant

Quote from: tor01doc on October 25, 2012, 06:27:17 PM
It's all about you, isn't it Adam!  ;D

;) I'd take my Duffman over your Broughts any day ;D

picker_man

Correct me if im wrong wasnt duffield dropped for a few games this yr...... Good luck with that ;)

tbagrocks

Quote from: Adamant on October 25, 2012, 06:26:16 PM
Duffman averaged 104.9 between rounds 1-16 (with Broughton in the team), and 136.8 when Broughts was injured for the season (rounds 17-23).

With Broughton now at the Suns, Duffield could be in for a 125+ average in this comp and be a top 3-5 defender! :D

Thanks tbag!
Yeah well I got my man with pick 2 ;D so  :P Bit I panicked and traded Heppell thinking he will play a midfield role in future, also lost Dusty but... Got my boys Trengove and Wingard so Happy enough, also Jasper will be a good player and with picks 2, 7, 14, 16 we can do some damage!

Colliwobblers

Quote from: BB67th on October 25, 2012, 05:57:23 PM
I would just like some clarification on the Captain and Vice Captain rule. I saw in the best lineup thread that Colli had it listed as emergency captain and emergency vice captain in his team list. Say that I had this:

Captain: Swan - Emergency: Foley

Vice Captain: Zorko - Emergency: Vince

I take it that this would mean that if Swan missed a game that Foley would then become my captain and score double points and Zorko would stay as vice. I thought the rule would turn out something like this.

Captain: Swan

Vice Captain: Zorko

Deputy Vice Captain (Emergency): Foley

This would mean that if Swan missed, than Zorko would move up to captain, and Foley would move up to vice. This way you would be getting the maximum amount of points available in theory. Thoughts on this. I hope it makes sense to everyone.

I don't mind if we change this rule prior to the first game, don't see that it makes much difference.

Rules is Here: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66632.msg864072.html#msg864072

There was no vote done on the setup of this part of the rule, it was formed based on discussion so I have no issue putting the way we do it to a vote..

Let me know if you are keen to have a vote to modify it, we should have plenty of time to get it decided before the season if so.

JBs-Hawks

Yea I'm with BBs theory seems more logical

BB67th

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 25, 2012, 08:20:38 PM
Quote from: BB67th on October 25, 2012, 05:57:23 PM
I would just like some clarification on the Captain and Vice Captain rule. I saw in the best lineup thread that Colli had it listed as emergency captain and emergency vice captain in his team list. Say that I had this:

Captain: Swan - Emergency: Foley

Vice Captain: Zorko - Emergency: Vince

I take it that this would mean that if Swan missed a game that Foley would then become my captain and score double points and Zorko would stay as vice. I thought the rule would turn out something like this.

Captain: Swan

Vice Captain: Zorko

Deputy Vice Captain (Emergency): Foley

This would mean that if Swan missed, than Zorko would move up to captain, and Foley would move up to vice. This way you would be getting the maximum amount of points available in theory. Thoughts on this. I hope it makes sense to everyone.

I don't mind if we change this rule prior to the first game, don't see that it makes much difference.

Rules is Here: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66632.msg864072.html#msg864072

There was no vote done on the setup of this part of the rule, it was formed based on discussion so I have no issue putting the way we do it to a vote..

Let me know if you are keen to have a vote to modify it, we should have plenty of time to get it decided before the season if so.
Thanks Colli, I believe we should put it to a vote and get this rule changed seeing as we didn't vote on it at the start ;)

Colliwobblers

We voted on the option to have a C and VC then there was just the issue of how to setup cover for them there is a fair amount of discussion on it in the original rules discussion thread and in favor of how it is now however I had originally had a rolling 1-2-3-4 set up from memory..

I will put together three or four options and PM everyone over the weekend and get all the results up in the discussion thread so it is transparent (the vote numbers).

tor01doc

I am yes to that but is there any need for 4 players to be nominated?

Or, if only 3, then this increases chances of the score being lower.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tor01doc on October 25, 2012, 08:41:35 PM
I am yes to that but is there any need for 4 players to be nominated?

Or, if only 3, then this increases chances of the score being lower.

this was all discussed and the option I chose seemed to be the popular one for a variety of reasons...

I will give a few options so every possibility is covered.

You will see in the link, my original rule was for there to be ONE emergency for BOTH, if either did not play he was cover for the one that didn't ( if both didn't play obviously he would cover the captain at 200% not the VC at 150% )

But this was not popular due to wanting cover for BOTH the C and the VC.

Link :  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,65220.msg840891.html#msg840891

not sure how much discussion on this particular point is in the thread and how much came back to me through PM but I will put the vote up tomorrow night anyway.

picker_man

I still like the idea of having different back ups for both makes more interesting in choosing the backup players but think its great we have an administrator open to changing rules as other options arise, Great work CW 8)

tor01doc

Whilst I know this is the 'Official Discussion Thread' and I have been accused of posting nothing of importance (thanks for that you little prat - you know who you are), and I lost tennis tonight BUT I did hear a decent joke - so here it is -

An Aussie stockman and his wife on their wedding night, look for a room in a quiet hotel.

The husband approaches the front desk and asks for a room.

He says, 'We're here on our honeymoon so we need a nice room with a good strong bed.'

The clerk winks knowingly and hints, 'You want the 'bridal'!'

The newly married stockman thinks for a split second and says, 'Nah. I reckon not. I'll just hold onto her ears until she gets used to it.'

Noz

Sorry I haven't been online guys I was admitted to hospital sunday morning and spent most of the week in there.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Noz on October 28, 2012, 03:48:00 PM
Sorry I haven't been online guys I was admitted to hospital sunday morning and spent most of the week in there.

No good mate, hope your ok, I will be on and off myself a bit less than usual over the next few weeks, got to find a new job thanks to a sudden redundancy....

will be checking in regularly however but if there is anything trade or otherwise you need pm me so it is assured i will realise what needs my attention and take care of it.

Will have everything in order in time for the AXVs national draft however no fear there. :)

Will send out an announcement soon, we are looking at an end date to the trade window #1 of approximately 2 and a bit weeks....

finalize and remaining trades sooner rather than later :)

more to follow

tor01doc

Sorry to hear about a couple of things.

Firstly, Noz, PM me if you want any medical advice - seriously.

Cw - hope you find something soon. I must admit though, the irony of having no time because you do NOT have a job is quite amusing.

All the best to both of you.