AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

If anyone is interested Ryan O'Keefe, Andrew Carrazzo and Matthew Wright could be traded for the right price  8)

Adamant

Quote from: JROO8 on October 15, 2012, 08:54:34 PM
If anyone is interested Ryan O'Keefe, Andrew Carrazzo and Matthew Wright could be traded for the right price  8)
I would be interested...but all three of them will be pure mids next year :-\

Justin Bieber

So somehow how I trade 4 players out. Then trade them all back. For example, unrealistic, but possible.

On your guys theory all 4 of those list changes have already been made? Which has to be incorrect.

Jroo

Quote from: Adamant on October 15, 2012, 08:57:03 PM
I reckon Wright will be mid/fwd but not sure on Carrots and O'Keefe. Guess we will have to wait. When does the player prices and positions for next year get announced again? Late December?

Adamant

Quote from: JROO8 on October 15, 2012, 09:00:17 PM
I reckon Wright will be mid/fwd but not sure on Carrots and O'Keefe. Guess we will have to wait. When does the player prices and positions for next year get announced again? Late December?
December 1st if you bought Assistant Coach (m0nty will update it on the Fanplanner anyway). Yeah, I reckon Wright will keep it at least for this year, but ROK & Carrots are pretty much 0% chance to keep it. Could use them as utilities though?

picker_man

Sorta helps mons :-\ :P

Makes it alot clearer JROO cheers, I think it should work the way lez is explaining though.... hopefully it does!

^^ will be in touch for one of them JROO.

Jroo

Quote from: Adamant on October 15, 2012, 09:04:04 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on October 15, 2012, 09:00:17 PM
December 1st if you bought Assistant Coach (m0nty will update it on the Fanplanner anyway). Yeah, I reckon Wright will keep it at least for this year, but ROK & Carrots are pretty much 0% chance to keep it. Could use them as utilities though?
Oh nice, earlier than expected.
Quote from: picker_man on October 15, 2012, 09:06:30 PM
Sorta helps mons :-\ :P

Makes it alot clearer JROO cheers, I think it should work the way lez is explaining though.... hopefully it does!

^^ will be in touch for one of them JROO.
haha yep  ;D

Justin Bieber

I don't how you can justify that making 8 trades, but keeping the same list (somehow) is counted as 4 list changes??

Jay

Im interested in Wright jroo...PM me :)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on October 15, 2012, 09:08:18 PM
I don't how you can justify that making 8 trades, but keeping the same list (somehow) is counted as 4 list changes??

The idea of the restriction on list movements is to prevent teams from changing their lists too great (be it for better or worse)

This unlimited list movements has been bad in other XVs. Creating a number of teams overpowered and a number underpowered

Also the blocking process we have here is a safeguard against that.

The reason ou can keep trading players you trade in is becasue that does not effect how many players from your ORIGINAL ( pre trade) List you have removed ( MAXIMUM 4).

Once you have traded 4 players out you can no longer trade any more out.

***But you can continue to trade the players or picks that you traded in out.

This doesn't create more list movements.

List movements = LIST CHANGES FROM Original Team (Pre-Trade Team) - Final Team (Post-Trade Team)

THe point here is you can only benefit from or do damage to yourself 4 TIMES TOTAL.

example at worst you can turn 4 very good players into 4 not so good players, or the otehr way around.

Being able to change the players you bring in over and over again doesn't increase the benefit or damage greatle, or beyond, 4 total list changes.

example:

You start with Monfries.

You trade:

Monfries - Hartlett

Hartlett - Pick 12

Pick 12 - VanBerlo

VanBerlo - Tippett

Tippett - Pick 3

Pick 3 - Sloanne

List Movements

Monfries - Sloanne = 1 TOTAL.

You have traded your butt off and have gradually got better and better deals so in the end you have a much better player than you started with.

but you have only changed one player on your list. Monfries - to - Sloanne.

Let me know if any further clarification is required on this, it has been raised by a few people now .

JBs-Hawks

Whoever has Sloane, let's speed to process up and just straight swap for monfries? :P

tor01doc

News flash from The Taipei Times - "Leave Usloane!"

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 15, 2012, 10:02:44 PM
Whoever has Sloane, let's speed to process up and just straight swap for monfries? :P

accidentally modified instead of quoted, buttons move in here for me ....

too much posting in DT Detective thread adn British...

Any way my comment QUOTE being: I started with Monfries so I want Sloanne, hand him over Dolphin!

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 15, 2012, 11:21:31 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 15, 2012, 10:02:44 PM

accidentally modified instead of quoted, buttons move in here for me ....

too much posting in DT Detective thread adn British...

Any way my comment QUOTE being: I started with Monfries so I want Sloanne, hand him over Dolphin!

Fine I'll take hartlett  ::)

Justin Bieber