AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

I think 10th is about right

Bock / Hartlett / Hibberd / Lake/Bartram/Clarke

Pendles (C) / Ebert (VC) (not confirmed) / Trent McKenzie (Not confirmed) / Chris Masten

Ryder

Rioli / Dahlhaus / Blair / Christensen

Ellard / Embley

tbagrocks

I think it is a reflection of the depth of the top 13 teams, very even really, well get used to it but don't get to comfortable because before you know it the mighty llamas will be right amongst it ;)

GET AMONGST THE LLAMAS

Colliwobblers

For the record I will release Odds, and team rankings next season as soon as the Prospectus is released and I have my hands on a copy.

It gives player rankings for each player and working off that I will be able to rank and rate each team. It is the only FAIR way to do it because otherwise it is open to personal interpretation.

All this will do is provide a way for me to rank teams season to season and it will be good for owners to see how their teams improve in rank through recruiting and player development season to season. Or in Nails case - decrease in rating :)

One thing is for sure, the true player ratings in the prospectus do not take into considerations potential - just pure and simple player level at the time. So I think it is fairly safe to say The Dongs should be rated very highly due to the established list.

The other thing is will do is provide me with a base to work off in creating odds for the matchups for the seasons matches. For our betting thread :)

Justin Bieber

I am on my phone atm, but a huge prediction will be up.

Dont worry cw i have you moving up a bit, likewise kk and jbhawks.

I will have a stock up and down which will be explained, putting draft picks into prospective, ladder predictions, small comments and various titles that will be given out. If i could be bothered I might give out wins and loses as an estimate, but that might be too hard. I have some betting prices and rating out of 10, but it rates the starting over depth.

So look out at about 4-5pm my time. Big write-out and no complaints. :)

Ill give you a hint where the llamas are ranked. Bottom 2 ;)

I am also happy to grade your team at End of Draft period deconstruct your side. I am on holidays after tonight haha.

I am going on age, past history, end of season form and for this the Elephants will be bias, but with an average age of 22 I assume most players should improve by 5%-10%. E.g David Swallow. He should improve by more than 10%.

If i have poor grammar i am sorry, the phone no auto correct :(

Watch big analysis coming in the short future :)

Colliwobblers

Good work mate, will wait eagerly as I wait eagerly for eza to pick :)

tbagrocks

and the sooner we pick the sooner out trades can go through,

BB67th

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 20, 2012, 11:56:46 AM
Why would people start trading before drafting is even finished? Doesn't make sense to me.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: BB67th on September 20, 2012, 12:05:46 PM
Why would people start trading before drafting is even finished? Doesn't make sense to me.

Because all starters are picked so they can easily be traded, were oonly drafting depth players now

Noz

Lack forward depth? Lol

Chapman, Gray, Adams, Krakouer, Siposs, Lester, Sherman, Duncan?

Actually considering Adams and Gray are no certainty to keep there DPP. Duncan may get DPP as well oh dear I am lacking forward depth.....

Shopping list:
- Solid scoring forward(s)
- Premiership
- Milk
- Eggs
- Gun mids 👌
- Top Ruckman 👌
- Good defenders 👌
- Good depth in 3/4 lines 👌

After I pick up a few forwards in the trade market and draft I'll be fine.

monstrum

I doubt theyll change grays position he hardly played

Justin Bieber

Okay I got home real early. I am going to apply for job online, but after that I will write up my notes and give you guys my opinion. :)

monstrum

@whatlez: I like your prediction for David Swallow to improve by 10% ... Seeings he missed half the season (10games) through injury i would think playing a few more games would cover the 10%..?

Nails

The problem with you guys doing your ladders is you see good midfielders and go yep, that team is no.1

Despite the fact some forwards average just as well as the best mids :o

e.g. I have Buddy 4th highest average in the comp and Pavlich who is the 15th highest average in the comp. Yet my team isn't rated because my midfielders are only just top 50.

monstrum

This season was a pretty god example of how things can change through injury as well ;)

AFEV

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 20, 2012, 12:10:18 PM
Quote from: BB67th on September 20, 2012, 12:05:46 PM

Because all starters are picked so they can easily be traded, were oonly drafting depth players now
Why are we in such a rush though? Surely it wouldn't be wise to trade your players away without having full lists...