AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

I could turn Hong Kong around, just takes a Coach who knows what they are doing.

Some people would consider it a challenge, more rewarding then just taking over a ready made team.

Nige

Have you stopped to consider (something I've already said) that people might want to see what the decision is before they decide to continue on or not? I'm certainly in that boat. I refuse to commit either direction until the future of this competition is determined.

If you fellas really want the comp to continue, I'm sure between the three of you (FF, Rids, UTM), you could make this smooth sailing and run this ship with no issue at all, trading between your two teams and all.

Another part of what makes the competition is personalities and what they bring. Can't say I've seen much, if any, banter or discussion or much of anything since Colli and whatlez left. And now with tbag gone, that's another one man down. Instead, the only 3 people actively fighting for this comp to continue in some capacity are 3 of the most polarising characters for a variety of reasons. But hang on, Rids already gave up on admin of this comp for personal reasons, completely fair and so it wouldn't be right to put more back on his plate. Oh and FF has a history of ragequitting comps that he admins or is a part of That just leaves UTM, the guy with a reputation for being one of the most insufferable people in XVs.

I'm not out for blood here, I'm just dealing with facts and pleading for a future I can believe in, please show me something.

Rids

Of course people understand that others might be holding off until later but personally I do not think they get that luxury right now. AXV needs committed people as coaches. At the end of the day I cannot guarantee what the participation levels will be like moving forward. But what I do know is that sitting here while the comp is treading water going around in circles does not improve anything and if anything, it is more unproductive than productive.

I am able to take on more responsibility again in regards to admin duties. That won't be an issue now moving forward. But again, this is something that we as a league need to vote on.

iZander

Quote from: Rids on August 31, 2018, 11:38:31 PM
Of course people understand that others might be holding off until later but personally I do not think they get that luxury right now. AXV needs committed people as coaches. At the end of the day I cannot guarantee what the participation levels will be like moving forward. But what I do know is that sitting here while the comp is treading water going around in circles does not improve anything and if anything, it is more unproductive than productive.

I am able to take on more responsibility again in regards to admin duties. That won't be an issue now moving forward. But again, this is something that we as a league need to vote on.

Not improving things doesnt improve things either  ::)

But anyway thats beside the point, i thought id already done it, maybe i had but i will officially resign from being coach of the mighty Gazelles. Ive struggled with time and motivation when it comes to AXV over the last year and im sure other coaches have noticed that. I hardly ever named my team properly and i dont think thats fair on the competition at all. I hope this comp is able to continue even if it means reducing a few teams or something.

It is tough to leave AXV.....and Titch. But this will be good for you, maybe the crabs will be able to grab Titch for a combination of a few depth players..maybe swallow and atley.

Thanks

Rids

I just want to highlight that I have never once ruled on a trade the Crabs were apart of when I was admin. This will continue moving forward if people want me to help out again with the comp. It is important for any potential new coach to know this.

Just for some understanding in regards to my previous personal issue that made me give up admin 6 months ago:

I spent 110 days in the hospital with my 15 week premature son after he was born at the end of Feb. I was also attempting to work full time through this period to make sure I could pay the bills associated. He has been home now for the better part of 3 months and the follow up appointments are slowly disappearing.

I have never once expected to just become admin again hence my comment in regards to the league needing to vote on it. I am just offering my time again for free to try and help out with getting AXV back on track. Happy not to do so if people don't want me to.

Football Factory

Quote from: Rids on September 01, 2018, 12:06:26 AM
I just want to highlight that I have never once ruled on a trade the Crabs were apart of when I was admin. This will continue moving forward if people want me to help out again with the comp. It is important for any potential new coach to know this.

Just for some understanding in regards to my previous personal issue that made me give up admin 6 months ago:

I spent 110 days in the hospital with my 15 week premature son after he was born at the end of Feb. I was also attempting to work full time through this period to make sure I could pay the bills associated. He has been home now for the better part of 3 months and the follow up appointments are slowly disappearing.

I have never once expected to just become admin again hence my comment in regards to the league needing to vote on it. I am just offering my time again for free to try and help out with getting AXV back on track. Happy not to do so if people don't want me to.

We need someone to take this forward, you get my vote.

upthemaidens

Quote from: upthemaidens on August 30, 2018, 10:28:53 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on August 21, 2018, 07:01:41 PM
I think we need to get some sort of bail/commitment ratio from the three guys who are unsure.

Do they want to be involved in the change process or should we look to make it 10 coaches who can agree on a path to progress?
^This^   Coaches who are leaving shouldn't have an input in any future changes.
Again.  ^This^

Nige

Quote from: Football Factory on September 01, 2018, 11:42:30 AM

Is this an official vote of no confidence for nas and BB who really aren't doing a bad job? Not sure an admin spill is what this comp needs right now.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Nige on September 01, 2018, 11:57:42 AM

Is this an official vote of no confidence for nas and BB who really aren't doing a bad job? Not sure an admin spill is what this comp needs right now.

Instead of telling everyone what the comp doesn't need why don't you tell us what it does need?

fanTCfool

Assuming that nas and BB want to continue, I don't see why they would need to be replaced from an administrative point of view. AXV needs as many hands on deck as it can get, so adding a third admin, who has held administrative roles in the past, has no issues with me.

From a personal standpoint, I'm happy to continue with Mongolia for as long as the competition continues. As long as there is 8+ teams, I don't see why the competition couldn't remain alive. A small bunch of active coaches leaves really high-quality sides and hopefully a little more interest.

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 01, 2018, 12:29:31 PM

Instead of telling everyone what the comp doesn't need why don't you tell us what it does need?
Pretty sure I've already said that there needs to be several teams culled and either a total redraft or a partial redraft needs to happen. It's okay though, I wouldn't have expected you to read a word anyway.

If the latter happens, it's one where the bottom (4) teams are culled (any coaches of those teams jump ship) and the remaining bottom teams redraft from the culled teams, and then the top teams don't join until later in the draft so that the bottom teams get a fair crack at getting some decent players to make them more competitive and compete with OP teams like the Crabs.

Instead, we've got proposals and support to overthrow to the administration of nas and BB who aren't doing a bad job, and suggestions for coaches to have two teams each, along with all teams discarding 10 players (likely to be their worst 10) which means a likely shuffling of depth.

LF

I might be interested in taking over a vacant team,would depend completely on what happens with fixing the comp
btw I think nas is a great admin he does a good job helping Holz with Euros so he is effectively helping admin 2 different XV comps

Football Factory

I don't mind who takes it forward ..Rids, BB or nas

Nige

Quote from: Football Factory on September 01, 2018, 01:24:53 PM

I don't mind who takes it forward ..Rids, BB or nas
Is this a backflip, a contradiction or both?

meow meow

I'm officially making myself an AXV coach from this point onwards. You can refer to me as the saviour of AXV.

This comp is a joke and I'm going to set it straight. What I say goes. I'm basically the boss now. Someone else will handle the admin duties of collating scores and all that shiz but I'm deciding what direction this comp goes in, what rules I want etc.