AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Quote from: Koop on July 16, 2018, 06:36:36 PM
Have messaged BB & nas but thought I'd post it here that I'll be stepping down from Taiwan at EOS.

Thankyou to the admins for running the competition for the last two years and I hope someone will be able to take the reformed Dolphins onward to a rightful premiership in the near future.
Will be sad to see you go Koop, cheers for all of your contributions to the AXV comp since it started.

BB67th

Sorry all, I have been away for a few days without a stable internet connection.

I will get on to updating Round 18 scores as soon as I am able, but looks like it may not be until the weekend.

I'll just have to keep everyone in suspense for match results for a little longer!

BB67th

Our rule and trade discussion threads are now set up. Be sure to mention any rule changes you would like to see in the competition, and start writing your shopping list for the upcoming trade period!

Football Factory

Pretty dismal effort in the finals from the Bears in the end  :(

Nige

So when is the serious discussion about the future of this comp taking place?

Coop is done and tbag is getting banned I think? I daresay this is the least active comp in terms of activity and that is probably has the least 'atmosphere' of all the comps on the forum. Something needs to be done imo.

Demand to join these comps isn't what it used to be. I think we'll struggle to find two replacements. It also wouldn't surprise me if other incumbent coaches are thinking of quitting/resigning.

I'd really like to not only hear the opinions of my fellow coaches, but the administration (who I know are also coaches).

fanTCfool

AXV needs to cut down to about 10 or 12 teams in my opinion, there's barely 10 active coaches here yet alone 18. Most Match Centre threads have about 2 posts and 1 of them is the the results. Re-drafting 6 or 8 sides would give higher quality teams and make cellar dwellers a little more competitive. Those two things can start to make the competition a little bit more interesting, because it is very dry at the moment, no matter where you sit on the ladder.

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2018, 08:59:46 PM

Coop is done and tbag is getting banned I think? I daresay this is the least active comp in terms of activity and that is probably has the least 'atmosphere' of all the comps on the forum. Something needs to be done imo.

Demand to join these comps isn't what it used to be. I think we'll struggle to find two replacements. It also wouldn't surprise me if other incumbent coaches are thinking of quitting/resigning.

I'd really like to not only hear the opinions of my fellow coaches, but the administration (who I know are also coaches).
I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure I'll continue on next year.

iZander

Quote from: Ricochet on August 19, 2018, 02:58:52 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2018, 08:59:46 PM

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure I'll continue on next year.
yep as i already alluded to Nige a few weeks ago, i dont think ill go on either

BB67th

My thoughts have always been that these kind of competitions are only worth running as long as the people participating in them are enjoying them.

Obviously the competition has not been as active the last couple of seasons, and I know that as admins we haven't been able to provide a lot of other features apart from maintaining scores each week. Realistically, I would set expectations at the same level for next season for what we can provide.

I'm happy for people to post their thoughts in the thread here so we can get a feeling for what the rest of the competition is feeling. If people don't want to keep going with the competition next season that is perfectly okay, and I definitely wouldn't take it personally. That being said, some coaches have put in a lot of effort into their teams over the last 5 years, and there are different options we can look at going forward.

For now I think it's probably best to open up a discussion about the future in this thread, and once we have a feeling for what the broader competition is thinking, we can look at next steps.

Hawka

10 teams ?
Play each other twice?

Obvs may need a new Co coach pair or 2
But im not against it for the good of the comp

Football Factory

Why can't we just look for some new coaches ? i found the best way was to message regulars that don't have any teams. I think the problem lies with the fact that you need experience? a resume/job application to join and then it comes down to coaches voting. We pretty much have the same coaches spread out over multiple comps. There is no avenue for new people to join.

Ill give up the Bears and take on the worst team if needed. I like a challenge

Nige

Quote from: Football Factory on August 20, 2018, 01:32:04 PM
Why can't we just look for some new coaches ? i found the best way was to message regulars that don't have any teams. I think the problem lies with the fact that you need experience? a resume/job application to join and then it comes down to coaches voting. We pretty much have the same coaches spread out over multiple comps. There is no avenue for new people to join.

If you can find roughly 5 coaches not already involved to willingly take on a role here in AXVs, which already has a less than favourable reputation, I'll be very impressed.

Football Factory

Quote from: Nige on August 20, 2018, 02:40:45 PM

If you can find roughly 5 coaches not already involved to willingly take on a role here in AXVs, which already has a less than favourable reputation, I'll be very impressed.

Ill try my best, i was thinking that it could be a team effort looking for new coaches.

Nige

Quote from: Football Factory on August 20, 2018, 02:43:36 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 20, 2018, 02:40:45 PM

Ill try my best, i was thinking that it could be a team effort looking for new coaches.
There has already been a bit of this behind the scenes, it's bleak. Hence the suggestions above.