AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 29, 2017, 08:00:53 PM
Are you people serious? Why would the rookie draft rules need to be changed? ???

Wasn't Colli's vision for Asia to stay as close to AFL rules as possible?

What is so wrong with rookie lists ::)
In the AFL they can't leave a player on the rookie list forever.  We can in AXV, so shouldn't that part be changed?

tbagrocks

Quote from: iZander on March 29, 2017, 10:46:17 PM
Quote from: BB67th on March 29, 2017, 10:38:34 PM
Are you people serious? Why would the rookie draft rules need to be changed? ???

I agree, rookie lists add some more strategy in list management, I'm all for keeping them!
Lets be honest, theres not too much strategy involved in it
Ah but there is! Only if you are a nerd (Nobody likes a nerd >:( ) Is there a calculated reason to dismiss the rookie list!

Fair dinkum, the rookie list and draft adds not only vital strategy but intrigue to an otherwise fairly straight-forward and simple competition ???

Who the frog wants 1 to equal one all the time? :o

BB67th

Quote from: upthemaidens on March 29, 2017, 11:24:53 PM

In the AFL they can't leave a player on the rookie list forever.  We can in AXV, so shouldn't that part be changed?
I wouldn't mind including only keeping a player on the rookie list for a maximum of two years. I'm all for emulating how the AFL runs it.

Rids

Round 2 teams have now been updated on UF. Could people please take a look and confirm that I have made no mistakes.

A couple of points to take notice of:

- Please make sure you are posting your teams in the correct format. I understand that it is cumbersome and there is a vote to come to change this for the future but it is still an active rule for season 2017.
- Rookie listed players who have not been elevated cannot be named in your weekly line up.

Best of luck to all for the week!

Thanks

Rids

Just a quick FYI. I am on a plane tomorrow overseas and won't be back until the 1st May. I am hopeful if having internet service every couple of days and intend to log in and check here as much as I can. I plan to still be able to complete the Monday match ups.

Thanks all for the season so far. I believe that the AXV comp has a little traction and involvement from all which is great to see.

Cheers
Rids

Ricochet

Quote from: Rids on April 04, 2017, 10:24:58 AM
Just a quick FYI. I am on a plane tomorrow overseas and won't be back until the 1st May. I am hopeful if having internet service every couple of days and intend to log in and check here as much as I can. I plan to still be able to complete the Monday match ups.

Thanks all for the season so far. I believe that the AXV comp has a little traction and involvement from all which is great to see.

Cheers
Rids
Enjoy mate

upthemaidens

What's going to happen with the Port/GC Bye next week?

Nige

Quote from: upthemaidens on May 13, 2017, 04:41:35 PM
Considering we normally play through the byes, I assume it'll just be tough luck.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Nige on May 13, 2017, 04:51:38 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on May 13, 2017, 04:41:35 PM
Considering we normally play through the byes, I assume it'll just be tough luck.
Oh yeah, I forgot we play through byes.

tbagrocks

I think the 5th placing of the Llamas is about to re-boot given the return and form of the likes of Jobe Watson Chad Wingard (Now a midfelder, finally, da ::) ) Lachie Neale is a freak, The Beast JC back to his best, Otten, Shag, Ramsey starting to gather match fitness (The SHag vfl, 34 touches) Matty Crouch a ball magnet as is Sammy Mitchell

Jack Viney has turned the corner, the tackling king now gathering 30 touches a game

Trengove cat get a go, Vandenberg injured, Shag waiting, Jake Kelly finally looking like an AFL regular and ok scorer. Gawn an Spenser both injured. Brayshaw keeps getting KO'd :-\ 

But despite all the players Tibet have missed, We sit 5-3 which I think is un-truthful but. GET AMONGST THE LLAMAS

Nige

Can we get an official confirmation from one of the admins as to what's actually happening with Port/GC players this week?

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on May 18, 2017, 08:12:00 PM
Can we get an official confirmation from one of the admins as to what's actually happening with Port/GC players this week?
What's there to clarify? It's no different to other years and bye rounds isn't it?

nas

Awaiting a reply from a PM or a posting re these players.

nas

Quote from: PowerBug on May 18, 2017, 08:16:37 PM
What's there to clarify? It's no different to other years and bye rounds isn't it?

Yep treated as a bye round & play through.

It is also up for discussion in the 2018 Rule Discussion Thread #8 http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,108118.0.html 

Currently awaiting replies for Rule 2.

Nige

Too easy, got depth to cover this week anyway.

Just not looking forward to the other bye rounds.  :P