AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rids

Quote from: iZander on March 18, 2017, 06:57:01 PM
Quote from: Rids on March 18, 2017, 06:32:19 PM

Crabs - Zac Dawson

I reckon the crabs secretly plan to keep the beast in Zac Dawson!!! ;)

100%. That has been the plan all the time haha! I have already removed qll the above guys from all teams btw.

iZander

Quote from: Rids on March 18, 2017, 07:03:05 PM
Quote from: iZander on March 18, 2017, 06:57:01 PM
Quote from: Rids on March 18, 2017, 06:32:19 PM

Crabs - Zac Dawson

I reckon the crabs secretly plan to keep the beast in Zac Dawson!!! ;)

100%. That has been the plan all the time haha! I have already removed qll the above guys from all teams btw.

Sneaky :P

PowerBug

So can we get the Round 1 team submission thread up? Even if it's just a temporary thing with no details in the Opening post?

Nige

Can we please change the team submission format? It's just so much easier doing it the traditional way.

Rids

Quote from: PowerBug on March 18, 2017, 10:33:33 PM
So can we get the Round 1 team submission thread up? Even if it's just a temporary thing with no details in the Opening post?

Done. Team Submission and Mtach Centre Threads up now for Round 1.

The Round 1 match ups will be up tomorrow.

Rids

Quote from: Nige on March 18, 2017, 10:42:52 PM
Can we please change the team submission format? It's just so much easier doing it the traditional way.

What do people think?

Yah for change and Nah to leave.

nostradamus

Quote from: Rids on March 18, 2017, 10:44:33 PM

What do people think?

I vote to leave as is......it's so much easier on UF..

nas

Quote from: nostradamus on March 18, 2017, 10:59:05 PM

What do people think?

I vote to leave as is......it's so much easier on UF..

Last year this was asked & a response came back (understandable) that this should stay as it's the CW's tradition.
During last season some teams also just submitted "As per UF with the 3 available C's" in the posts.
Myself reckon that we should do both, being UF as well as submitting your team in a weekly round thread.
Would prefer the traditional way myself. Yah.

iZander

What do people think?

Yah

Nige

For the record, I actually meant as

x, x, x, x
x, x, x, x
x
x, x, x, x
x, x

x, x, x

as opposed to

x
x
x
x

x
x
x
x

x

x
x
x
x

x
x

x
x
x

But while we're mentioning naming teams here, it should always be done because moving team submissions offsite just lessens an already ridiculous low amount of things coaches have to do, and that's going to be even more detrimental to a competition with already embarrassingly low activity levels.

PowerBug

I disagree with saying "team as per UF" because it opens up to potential loopholes which I know JB was able to exploit last season (possibly accidentally). Name your team entirely on FanFooty or cop last weeks team imo.

Ricochet

Don't mind which format, its no big deal so whichever is easier for mods

And yep gotta name full teams on FF

PowerBug

Let me explain the loophole which took place:

Was a partial lockout week and it was Crows vs North on the Thursday. JB didn't name his side on FF prior to that game so I felt good because I was playing him and he didn't get to name Brent Harvey and I think someone else good.

Then Friday lockout came around and he still hasn't named a side. Midway through the Friday game he said "team as per UF" or something to that effect. And of course on UF Harvey was named on field, and he had a good game the previous night.

So essentially he's gotten two bites of the cherry. But he was admin last season so that was never going to be found guilty, and all credit to him for picking it up. But you can't allow that to happen again. That's just a blatant loophole that shouldn't be allowed.

We ether use UF entirely like BXV, or we are using it for an easy way to get the scores of our players, no in between.

I also prefer the format Nige wants, saves a heap of space and it's nicer to read. Looks more like a team, current thing just looks like a list of players ;)

Rids

Quote from: Nige on March 19, 2017, 11:07:20 AM
For the record, I actually meant as

x, x, x, x
x, x, x, x
x
x, x, x, x
x, x

x, x, x

as opposed to

x
x
x
x

x
x
x
x

x

x
x
x
x

x
x

x
x
x

But while we're mentioning naming teams here, it should always be done because moving team submissions offsite just lessens an already ridiculous low amount of things coaches have to do, and that's going to be even more detrimental to a competition with already embarrassingly low activity levels.

Not sure where this thought process of naming teams off fanfooty has come from tbh. It is 100% mandatory to name teams on FF and optional to edit UF. We are only encouraging people to do it on both as the mods will be using the match ups to assit us. I can still edit teams anyways and intend to do so on UF to reflect the teams named on FF.

Nostra is also correct in regards to the format Colli introduced reflecting UF. I know Nostra and I would always do UF first last season as it helped with naming the strongest team available.

We are doing our best to get people back involved here. Yes there is currently a low level of activity but it is improving and will do so when people gain cofidence that the comp is being run well. The mods are doing our best to tidy things up and get things back on track. Hopefully people are starting to see this.

The Colli naming convention can be revisited by vote as per Nas' comments next off season.

Round 1 is only a few days away now so everyone should be starting to get excited by the start of another competitive AXV season!

nas

[quote author=PowerBug link=topic=66981.msg1839668#msg1839668 date=1489883902

We ether use UF entirely like BXV, or we are using it for an easy way to get the scores of our players, no in between.

I also prefer the format Nige wants, saves a heap of space and it's nicer to read. Looks more like a team, current thing just looks like a list of players ;)
[/quote]

Reckon we should have a weekly FF thread, with teams named in format that Nige has recommended, & use UF for scoring.
In the settings of UF lock the team at start of the round, & quote your team in the weekly FF thread for any adjustments for rounds that have a Thursday start. Example of this is round 1 this week, & Friday then is locked as per usual. Captains, Vice Captains also locked at the start of the round (Thursday), removes another loophole that could be used.