AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Thanks BB! AXVS has been great, but wasn't going to have the time to run 2 XV teams next season so thought it was best to get a new coach in as soon as possible. :) Thanks guys!

Ricochet

BB67th

After promising it for weeks, here it finally is.

Here is the full season scores document for every player in the competition. It has scores from every round, along with games played and player averages. Hopefully it should make trading and figuring out just what your players are worth a little easier.

Just note that games where players have scored a 0 after being subbed out early have not been counted as having played a game in the excel document, just due to the way that it has calculated the scores.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=83685615135261654409

tbagrocks

just like to say, thanks guys! What a great effort and so useful for us all ;D

Noz

Just want to say that I am now back and fully focused on the Turkish Gazelles.!

BB67th

Quote from: Noz on September 20, 2015, 05:50:51 PM
Just want to say that I am now back and fully focused on the Turkish Gazelles.!

Good to hear that Noz!

And with Noz putting in his votes on rules, we have our results. The ones in bold are the rules that have been voted in.

#1 - Sub Rule
A) No sub rule (Current Setting)[/i]
B) If a player is subbed off before half time OR spends less than 40% of game time on the ground, then substitution from emergency players is allowed. (like regular emergency rules). Note - This would only apply if emergencies had a higher score than the subbed player.
C) If a player is subbed off before half time OR spends less than 40% of game time on the ground, then substitution from ONE player nominated as the substitute when naming team sheets is allowed. Note - This would only apply if nominated substitute had a higher score than the subbed player.

#2 - Rookie List
A) 6 man Rookie List - Upgrades only allowed when there is an LTI (Current Setting)[/i]
B) Abolish Rookie List - Senior List becomes a 46 man list
C) Abolish Rookie List - Senior List becomes a 44 man list
D) Cut Rookie List to 4
E) Allow teams to have a 39 man Senior List, in order to upgrade a rookie player when they wish. Once this player has been upgraded, they will remain upgraded for the entire season.

#3 - Priority Picks
A) Teams finishing with 2 wins or fewer (8 Premiership points or fewer, before any penalties have been taken into effect) will receive 2 additional draft picks after the first full round of the national draft. (Current Setting)
B) Teams finishing with 4 wins or fewer (16 premiership points or fewer) in a single season, will receive an additional draft pick following the first round of the national draft.
C) Teams finishing with 4 wins or fewer (16 premiership points or fewer) in a single season, will receive an additional draft pick  prior to the first round of the national draft.
D) Teams finishing with 4 wins or fewer (16 premiership points or fewer) in a single season, will receive an additional draft pick following the first round of the national draft. If this occurs two seasons in a row, a team will achieve an additional draft pick prior to the first round of the national draft.
E) Teams finishing with 4 wins or fewer (16 premiership points or fewer) in a single season, will receive an additional draft pick following the first round of the national draft AND one prior to the first round of the national draft.

#4 - Points Cap
A) No points cap to be introduced (Current Setting)[/i]
B) Points cap to be introduced - would require calculations from team scores, which would be calculated later.

#5 - Grand Final in Round 22/23
A) Play the AXV Grand Final in AFL Round 23 (Current Setting)
B) Play the AXV Grand Final in AFL Round 22 - Reducing the H&A season by 1 game

#6 - Free Agency System
A) No Free Agency System (Current Setting)[/i]
B) Introduce Free Agency System similar to what is suggested here - http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,104554.msg1670482.html#msg1670482 (If this option was voted in, I feel specifics would need to be properly discussed in more depth, and that can take place later) - Would be introduced for the 2016/17 off season only

#7 - Trade Approvals Process
A) Trades approved/blocked after discussions between both competition administrators. (Current Setting)
B) All Trades will go to a vote for all AXV coaches to be approved/blocked
C) Trades approved/blocked after discussions between both competition administrators. If three or more coaches voice concern with the decision (who are not directly involved in the trade) in the 48 hours following the admins' decision, it will go to a vote for all AXV coaches to be approved/blocked

#8 - Unnamed Teams
A) 1st Offence - OFFICIAL WARNING
    2nd Offence - LOSS OF 100 POINTS FOR FIRSTS IN THE ROUND THAT TEAM SHEET WAS NOT SUBMITTED
    3rd Offence - LOSS OF 2 PREMIERSHIP POINTS
    4th Offence - POTENTIAL SACKING (Current Setting)
[/i]
B) 1st Offence - OFFICIAL WARNING
     2nd Offence - LOSS OF 2 PREMIERSHIP POINTS
    3rd Offence - POTENTIAL SACKING
C) 1st Offence - OFFICIAL WARNING
    2nd Offence - LOSS OF 100 POINTS FOR FIRSTS IN THE ROUND THAT TEAM SHEET WAS NOT SUBMITTED
    3rd Offence - LOSS OF 2 PREMIERSHIP POINTS
    4th Offence - POTENTIAL SACKING
    + Teams that do not name a team are unable to win a Seniors match for that week (Points will still count to % as normal - may result in no team winning a match)
D) 1st Offence - OFFICIAL WARNING
     2nd Offence - LOSS OF 2 PREMIERSHIP POINTS
    3rd Offence - POTENTIAL SACKING
    + Teams that do not name a team are unable to win a Seniors match for that week (Points will still count to % as normal - may result in no team winning a match)

#9 - Leadership Group
A) Any player from the list can be named as captain or vice-captain each week. (Current Setting)
B) A leadership group of 5 players is named at the start of the season. Only these players can be named as captain or vice-captain. Players can be temporarily elevated to this group in the case of injury to one or more of the original 5.

That also means that we can open our trade window! I will set up the appropriate threads now and then everything will be open for trading.

PowerBug

Really disappointed with 8 staying as it is, C or D. Would've liked 9 to change as well but that isn't a major one, perhaps wait and see if it works in Worlds then we can look into it again for 2017.

Seems like we have a bunch of stubborn coaches that can't be bothered with change :(

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on September 20, 2015, 07:13:44 PM
Really disappointed with 8 staying as it is, C or D. Would've liked 9 to change as well but that isn't a major one, perhaps wait and see if it works in Worlds then we can look into it again for 2017.

Seems like we have a bunch of stubborn coaches that can't be bothered with change :(
Our goal was for this comp to be as close to real-life AFL as possible if I remember correctly. Therefore, we have to be inexplicably stubborn when it comes to rules :P

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on September 20, 2015, 07:13:44 PM
Really disappointed with 8 staying as it is, C or D.

Ricochet

Damn really wanted to see the leadership group brought in

nostradamus

l thought the leadership one was a terrible idea........very much in favour of the stronger teams

kilbluff1985

hope mine an T Dawgs application was a nice surprise for you guys we didn't really decide until last night

nrich102

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 21, 2015, 02:01:43 PM
hope mine an T Dawgs application was a nice surprise for you guys we didn't really decide until last night
Come back puppy :'(

Nige

We any closer to finding out the new UAE coach? Keen to acquire some of their players.  :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Nige on September 22, 2015, 09:04:54 PM
We any closer to finding out the new UAE coach? Keen to acquire some of their players.  :P

lol i wonder who you want