AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Been waiting for this kid to show his immense talent on the big stage. To be honest I thought he wouldn't play this year but...

Ethan motherflowering Hughes everybody... with a lovely 22 possies and 93DT on debut

upthemaidens

Seems good old Trade#29 last year was pretty handy for the Lambs..  I guess the complaints were justified after all.  ::)
   Using DT averages(not including this weeks round)

Montagna - 108avg  (16 games)
Stanton - 105avg   (21)
Bartel - 87avg  (10)
R.Murphy - 79avg   (20)
Schultz - 67avg   (19)

FOR

Colyer -70avg  (11 games)
Dunn - 65avg  (21)
Balantyne - 55avg   (13)
A.Young - 45avg   (11)
Broughton - 41avg  (4) , just retired.
#10(Pickett) - Yet to play
#42(Liam Dawson) - 46avg  (9 games)

PowerBug

How the f did that pass was I coaching at that time?

JBs-Hawks

I wish i could find my offer that was laughed away by nrich. It did contain Crisp i remember that . much

nrich102

Ok, the trade didn't turn out to well after this year. And I may not win overall, but;

Colyer will be a gun, he's had an injury effected year
Dunns been serviceable
I flowered up badly with Broughton
Same goes for Young
Pickett and Dawson will both come good, just watch.

Bartel and Murphy will retire after next year. Montagna and Schulz the year after. I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be though. If you cant look another year into the future, when pretty much all the players I traded have retired and Dawson and Pickett are getting regular game time and Colyer becoming half decent, you should look again.

EDIT: Sorry man, had to delete some of this.

I think we can all agree it doesn't look great at this point in time, especially when the older boys improve instead of dropping away. But those oldies won't be around much longer and the kids like Pickett have bucketloads of talent. Sometimes you have to take a loss in a rebuild initially to get some decent kids.

nrich i wouldn't take it too much to heart mate. We all make trades we regret later and sometimes cop shower for it :)

Ricochet

How's the scores from the Cats boys this weekend :o

Mackie 189
Jelwood 186
Kelly 173
Enright 164
Guthrie 163
Stokes 149
Vardy 146
Bartel 141
Johnson 139

Rids

When does trading begin officially?

Ricochet

Quote from: Rids on September 07, 2015, 10:06:35 AM
I'm not sure tbh mate. I'll check with BB, but would have thought we'll open today

Rids

Quote from: Ricochet on September 07, 2015, 10:11:15 AM
Quote from: Rids on September 07, 2015, 10:06:35 AM
I'm not sure tbh mate. I'll check with BB, but would have thought we'll open today

Too easy.

Rusty00

Just thought I would post this here......

Rocky's scores for the past 4 weeks - 190, 183, 209, 189 8)

Hopefully he can play a full season next year and push the Head Hunter's up the ladder!

BB67th

Let's make sure we keep things nice and friendly this trade period. I understand discussions can get a little heated at times, and I like to see a bit of banter thrown around, but we don't need to resort to personal attacks on others. I'm not saying this has happened here, but I don't want to see scenes repeated like last year's trade period. I don't want to have to say anymore on this matter.

As for trading, it will get underway after we have done our voting on any potential rule changes. It looks like some equalization method will be voted on, and this kind of thing is important to have decided before any trades are processed.

I plan to leave the trade discussion thread open until the end of the week, so coaches can discuss anymore things they would like. Then we will move onto trading after all coaches have voted.

Also, I am in the process of finishing our score updates for the week right now, so we will have the final results for our Grand Final shortly!

BB67th

We are waiting on 2 more coaches to put in their votes, and then the trade period can open.

Noz and JBsHawks are the 2 left to put in their votes, I'll also send them a pm reminder.

nrich102

BIG NEWS:

If anyone wants to take a punt on Lachie Keefe send me a message. Willing to trade him for a late draft pick.

Also Lance Franklin is on the way out. At the moment he's going for a 25yo 110 Fwd/mid and a lateish first round pick. Last chance to match the deal  8)

SydneyRox

Quote from: nrich102 on September 15, 2015, 04:25:48 PM
BIG NEWS:

If anyone wants to take a punt on Lachie Keefe send me a message. Willing to trade him for a late draft pick.

Also Lance Franklin is on the way out. At the moment he's going for a 25yo 110 Fwd/mid and a lateish first round pick. Last chance to match the deal  8)

I would be signing that deal pretty quick....

BB67th

Only Noz left to vote on rules now, and then we can get started with trades.

Also, JROO has sadly decided to leave the competition after he will no longer have the time commitments to be an active part of the AXV.

I'd like to thank him for his time as head coach of the UAE Tigers, and say congratulations on what was quite a successful season for the Tigers, whoever replaces him will have a good list in their hands.

Applications for a new head coach will be open until Sunday night, so if there are any assistants or other FF members out there interested in getting a team of their own, the thread can be found here:
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,104938.0.html