AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

Quote from: Memphistopheles on January 30, 2015, 01:30:40 AM
Quote from: nostradamus on January 29, 2015, 06:35:39 PM
Quote from: BB67th on January 29, 2015, 01:16:16 PM
So just to keep everyone updated with what is going on regarding the competition, we are waiting until Ultimate Footy opens up, which will hopefully be soon, and then we will investigate the options that it provides us for the competition moving forward. :)

sounds good mate.........after having a chat with Rids, he says there will be no problems at all. We'll be able to set up our scoring system exactly the same as SB was last year, so it should just be business as usual for us all and our great comp will be able to continue on as is  8)

And UF opens tomorrow (today) I think.

Yep it's open .......... I for one really hope we go down this path

SydneyRox

A quick look means it is going to cost $29.95 to set up the stats scoring to include things like contested possessions, clearances etc

$39.95 will give the ability to customise fixtures and fiddle with the teams.

nostradamus

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 30, 2015, 04:45:14 PM
A quick look means it is going to cost $29.95 to set up the stats scoring to include things like contested possessions, clearances etc

$39.95 will give the ability to customise fixtures and fiddle with the teams.

happy to contribute the Crabs' share

JBs-Hawks

Memphistopheles

BB67th

So having a play around with Ultimate Footy, it does look like an encouraging option. However it might appear that you can only receive single figure points per statistic, as it keeps reverting a goal to 9 points when I enter in 12. I'll have to investigate this a bit further.

The other thing we need to consider is to what capacity we use Ultimate Footy and this forum. It would be quite possible to run almost the entire competition on Ultimate Footy if we wanted to, the customisable options there are quite extensive. If we did this however, it would require to purchase a package from the site, and there would still be differences to take into account such as adding vice-captain scores and applying our own emergency rules, which are slightly different to what ultimate footy offers. These scores could simply be edited in to the week's totals by the competition admin I believe, so it wouldn't be too much of a barrier.

Anyway, let me know what everyone's opinion on the matter is, and we'll go from there.

nostradamus

tbagrocks

Quote from: nostradamus on January 30, 2015, 07:08:22 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on January 30, 2015, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 30, 2015, 05:03:56 PM
Likewise^^

Same here.

thanks guys really appreciate that you'll pay the Crabs' share :P
Aha that's hat I thought :P

But don't bother yourselves as the Crabs will just be pawns to the Llamas ;D

Rusty00

Happy to go down the Ultimate Footy option

SydneyRox

Rids

Sorry haven't read through the forums for a while. The issue we will have with UF is that stats/scores can only be single digit values. So the max points you can assign to a goal will be 9.

The way around this might be to have another category or to manually adjust an additional 3pts per goal per player for the round.

Memphistopheles

Okay I have a couple of points here to make.

• I know for a fact last year that you were able to set 12 points for a goal as I was in a league which had those settings. It maybe that we can get this worked out.
  • I have the email address of one of the people who works for Ultimate Footy which is owned by Fairfax Media. I also work for the same company (albeit in a different section of the business) so I may be able to have some sway there and at the very least email him asking if we can have 12 points for a goal.
  • While we could transpose everything across to UF I don't think this is the best way to go. This is a FanFooty XVs comp and the forum and team threads and forum drafts is what makes the competition in my opinion.
  • I think the best thing to do would be to set up a casual league with however many people want to play, then set the scoring as the same as the SportsBet comp (assuming we can get the 12 points for goals thing sorted out). Then every week have a couple of people in the league responsible for checking what each player scored on UF and posting the results in this forum. You can see all the players scores from the Players section if you change it from All Available Players to All Players

Nige

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 03, 2015, 12:55:18 PM
I think the best thing to do would be to set up a casual league with however many people want to play, then set the scoring as the same as the SportsBet comp (assuming we can get the 12 points for goals thing sorted out). Then every week have a couple of people in the league responsible for checking what each player scored on UF and posting the results in this forum. You can see all the players scores from the Players section if you change it from All Available Players to All Players
That is the plan already isn't it?

Rids

I have posed the question about 12 points for goals and will let you know when I get a reply.

PowerBug

I'm not paying any money. I will sign up to UF only if I can get the scores we need off of it, otherwise I'm happy to work out my own scores myself each week.