AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

Nice team, the positioning looks pretty right too

Justin Bieber

And someone said they prefer the Eskimoes list ;) best list in the comp If you want me :P

Rids

I really don't mind the look of the Eskimoes Inuits' best 15 at all. They will be very competitive for many years to come.

Backs: Lumumba, Mzungu, Picken, L. Henderson

Mids: Ebert, Hannerbery, Isaac Smith, Greenwood

Rucks: Ryder

Fwds: Howlett, Bruest, Jetta, McGovern

Utils: Gaff, Polec

Then throw in some of the kids they have like Zach Merrett, Honeychurch, nat 9 and nat 13, Ben Lennon and it becomes very clear the direction the team is headed.

I do like your team Lez but there is not much wrong with the team above. Been a great few years of list regeneration imo.

Rids

I think it gets even more impressive when you add the age of the players, which I have done in brackets.

Backs: Lumumba (28), Mzungu (29), Picken (28), L. Henderson (25)

Mids: Ebert (24), Hannerbery (24), Isaac Smith (26), Greenwood (26)

Rucks: Ryder (27)

Fwds: Howlett (26), Bruest (24), Jetta (25), McGovern (22)

Utils: Gaff (22), Polec (22)

Zach Merrett (19), Ben Lennon (19), Jack Hombsch (22), Taylor Duryea (23), Riley Knight (20), Mitch Honeychurch (20), Anthony Morabito (23), Andrew Boston (21), Dominic Barry (21), Sam Rowe (27), Alex Silvagni (27)

Throw in nat picks 9 and 13 and there is some seriously good age spread there.

JBs-Hawks

That list doesnt impress me in the slightest lol.

Rids

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 27, 2014, 10:58:14 AM

For a team that finished bottom in 2013 and then make finals in 2014 the list is actually very impressive. Don't forget it is still a work in progress but there is a very clear direction in where the team is heading. It is what I enjoy the most with comps like this. Analyzing lists and being able to control the direction you want your team to go. I always do a little break down of each list (time permitting) and I always find it interesting to see where coaches and teams are heading.

Everyone has differing opinions though which is fine. But all this doom and gloom predictions that are being forecast are probably well and truly over the top.

Nige

Still hoping whoever sent that PM is found out somehow, can only imagine how smug they must be right now knowing there's not much we can do.

Justin Bieber

I don't like how youre the main advocate of a club you don't even own. That's starting 15. I said 'list'. Second in the reserves is how my list went last year. Mzungu as def? Really?

Not sure if youre taking the piss, comparing my team to that team and thinking it's close. 4 alright mids, Ryder and Bruest doesn't make a great side...

Jay

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 27, 2014, 10:58:14 AM
Yeah it's one of the worst

elephants

Can the mofo who attacked Koops be tracked down by Rids' techy mates or what?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: elephants on October 27, 2014, 01:32:27 PM

I'll tell you who it was... It was an Elephants.

nostradamus

Rids has been informed of the relevant info about how to find the culprit, and it has been passed onto the relevant people here at ff, now it's just a matter of wait and see.

**wouldn't it be nice if whoever it was, actually grew a conscence and had the guts to come forward themselves.

Nige

Quote from: nostradamus on October 27, 2014, 01:41:33 PM

Rids has been informed of the relevant info about how to find the culprit, and it has been passed onto the relevant people here at ff, now it's just a matter of wait and see.

**wouldn't it be nice if whoever it was, actually grew a conscence and had the guts to come forward themselves.
Fantastic to hear.  :)

Rids

Quote from: whatlez on October 27, 2014, 01:16:47 PM
I don't like how youre the main advocate of a club you don't even own. That's starting 15. I said 'list'. Second in the reserves is how my list went last year. Mzungu as def? Really?

Not sure if youre taking the piss, comparing my team to that team and thinking it's close. 4 alright mids, Ryder and Bruest doesn't make a great side...

Settle down champ. Just saying it isnt that bad. I also said I liked your team as well. There is no hidden agenda. Just showing a little support to Koops and his team. I am getting tired of all the accusations etc of collusion. Just because I am being pragmatic and optimistic about things does NOT mean I am doing anything but stating my thoughts (I believe this is a forum after all).

Mzungu played plenty across half back again. I have no idea what he averaged in SB, but he went at 77 in DT which is very decent. I expect him to gain defender status and if so he will be a very solid scorer. Mzungu was listed as a back/mid this year in UF. I might be wrong and have been plenty of times in the past but time will tell.

The fact of the matter is, I am trying to give support and a little belief in a team that everyone wants to hammer. My apologies if being a decent bloke offends you in any way but you will need to get used to it because it is who I am.

In regards to the tracking of the IP, I have forwarded on the information I have received. It is now in the hands of the appropriate people. Fingers crossed the culprit is found and dealt with.

Justin Bieber

Hey Rids, why are you back so soon? Like you only left for about 2 days. Just curious. Also you settle down with your 6 paragraphs hahaha.