AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Toga

Do we have the draft order actually posted up anywhere at the moment?

Because last year I remember the draft order was based on when you got knocked out of finals, not on the final ladder position. But I have a feeling trades have been negotiated on based on final ladder position...

BB67th

Quote from: Toga on October 18, 2014, 07:23:42 PM
Do we have the draft order actually posted up anywhere at the moment?

Because last year I remember the draft order was based on when you got knocked out of finals, not on the final ladder position. But I have a feeling trades have been negotiated on based on final ladder position...
The running draft order is in the Official Trade Thread and it is based off where you get knocked out in finals. And that's the way trading picks has worked thus far.

Toga

Ah perfect cheers BB I hadn't seen that! I was just wondering cos I couldn't remember a trade where the Crabs got N23 so wasn't sure how the order had been done but it's all ok, Crabs got N23 from the Ales in a trade. All sorted, sorry!

Ricochet

BB got a suggestion regarding the trade committee process mate. Posted it in the other thread but it'll probably get lost

You rule on trades as per normal. But if the 2 teams involved plus two more teams put forward concerns that the decision is wrong, then it gets sent to the committee.

Atm its unfair that all blocked trades go to the committee, because on that logic even the approved trades should as well.

So far you have been spot on with your decisions so I can't see this being an issue if we change it slightly.

nostradamus

Quote from: Ricochet on October 23, 2014, 12:05:48 PM
BB got a suggestion regarding the trade committee process mate. Posted it in the other thread but it'll probably get lost

You rule on trades as per normal. But if the 2 teams involved plus two more teams put forward concerns that the decision is wrong, then it gets sent to the committee.

Atm its unfair that all blocked trades go to the committee, because on that logic even the approved trades should as well.

So far you have been spot on with your decisions so I can't see this being an issue if we change it slightly.

I can't see the point in this really, as very few trades get blocked anyway (why?) ........ because there is an inherent safety measure there in the first place, that being the 2 teams (more in the case of mutli-team trades) involved, as the negotiating process itself ensures the trade is relatively even.

Then, if necessary, and requested by all involved in the trade it's reviewed by the Appeals Panel, who l might add are very knowledgable, totally unbiased and respected members of the ff community.

Ricochet

Quote from: nostradamus on October 23, 2014, 02:04:36 PM

I can't see the point in this really, as very few trades get blocked anyway (why?) ........ because there is an inherent safety measure there in the first place, that being the 2 teams (more in the case of mutli-team trades) involved, as the negotiating process itself ensures the trade is relatively even.

Then, if necessary, and requested by all involved in the trade it's reviewed by the Appeals Panel, who l might add are very knowledgable, totally unbiased and respected members of the ff community.
We both know thats not always true man.

Basically both parties involved with the trade will nearly always request it to go to the committee. If BB's decision is way off then it won't be hard to find 2 other coaches to also push for it to go to the committee.

If all blocked trades are going to the committee then you may as well say all passed trades should as well.

The committee is there to assess BB's trade decisions that the AXVs coaches see as being incorrect.

nostradamus

Quote from: Ricochet on October 23, 2014, 02:12:53 PM

Basically both parties involved with the trade will nearly always request it to go to the committee. If BB's decision is way off then it won't be hard to find 2 other coaches to also push for it to go to the committee.

If all blocked trades are going to the committee then you may as well say all passed trades should as well.

The committee is there to assess BB's trade decisions that the AXVs coaches see as being incorrect.

l disagree, but hey that's ok, we can't all be on the same page and be in agreement all of the time.

As for all of the trades going to the Appeals Panel, why? ........ BB has been installed as the Admin of our league for a reason. In the bigger picture very few trades are disputed, and therefore the only ones that need to be adjudicated on by independent accessors.

Your final point is your interpretation of the rule, mine is that the Appeals panel is there to adjudicate on trades that have not been passed, but the involved coaches believe they should have. There have only been 3 blocked trades, these have all gone to appeal because the parties involved requested it (as is their right) and subsequently 2 of those have been reversed.

Checks and balances in place ...... the system works  8)

Ricochet

Quote from: nostradamus on October 23, 2014, 02:36:45 PM

l disagree, but hey that's ok, we can't all be on the same page and be in agreement all of the time.

As for all of the trades going to the Appeals Panel, why? ........ BB has been installed as the Admin of our league for a reason. In the bigger picture very few trades are disputed, and therefore the only ones that need to be adjudicated on by independent accessors.

Your final point is your interpretation of the rule, mine is that the Appeals panel is there to adjudicate on trades that have not been passed, but the involved coaches believe they should have. There have only been 3 blocked trades, these have all gone to appeal because the parties involved requested it (as is their right) and subsequently 2 of those have been reversed.

Yeh thats fine man and I guess this latest one has probably brought it on.

My thinking is that the coaches involved in the comp have a better understanding of the scoring and players than the committee, which is understandable of course. And we're yet to see a coach who wasn't directly involved in the trade pop up and say that the trade was fine.

The Hibberd trade for example.
- It was blocked by BB. If this was seen as unfair/incorrect then it wouldn't be hard to find two more coaches to push for it to be evaluated again by the committee.
- It was passed by the committee but we are yet to see a coach within this board who wasn't involved in the trade stand up and say the trade was fair. Now some have their own self interest in mind, and the rest simply see it as an unfair trade. I'll put my hand up and say that I have no interest in trading for Hibberd at all, simply because of the ASADA saga. And I see it as a very unfair trade. Just my opinion though which I've already voiced.
- But if the admin thinks the trade is unfair, all coaches not invovled with the trade think it is unfair, yet the trade is passed, surely there is reason for a review of our process.

Nige

I like your idea Ric, it's a good one, but I agree with nost (on not needing to change how it is).

nostradamus

Quote from: Ricochet on October 23, 2014, 02:46:12 PM

My thinking is that the coaches involved in the comp have a better understanding of the scoring and players than the committee, which is understandable of course. And we're yet to see a coach who wasn't directly involved in the trade pop up and say that the trade was fine.

- It was blocked by BB. If this was seen as unfair/incorrect then it wouldn't be hard to find two more coaches to push for it to be evaluated again by the committee.
- It was passed by the committee but we are yet to see a coach within this board who wasn't involved in the trade stand up and say the trade was fair. Now some have their own self interest in mind, and the rest simply see it as an unfair trade. I'll put my hand up and say that I have no interest in trading for Hibberd at all, simply because of the ASADA saga. And I see it as a very unfair trade. Just my opinion though which I've already voiced.
- But if the admin thinks the trade is unfair, all coaches not invovled with the trade think it is unfair, yet the trade is passed, surely there is reason for a review of our process.

I think you're selling the Appeals Board short there, and making a big assumption to boot.......... do you actually know whether the members of the panel play SB?

Ricochet

Quote from: nostradamus on October 23, 2014, 02:54:46 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 23, 2014, 02:46:12 PM

I think you're selling the Appeals Board short there, and making a big assumption to boot.......... do you actually know whether the members of the panel play SB?
Well no and i'm sure some might, but focusing on players for Fantasy comps isn't as in depth as for XVs comps. Can't really disgree that the AXVs coaches have more in depth understanding of a players value than the trade comittee will.

My last line above is really the main concern.

Justin Bieber

I don't give a shower where Hibberd goes. I just don't like the inconsistent calls being made. Seems like favourites are always on the beneficial side of everthing. We should of just respected BB's decision instead this committee that no one voted to put in, in the first place.

I don't get how 14 coaches are against a trade then 3 randoms on a committee think the trades are fair. Are they familiar of the scoring or how much more valuable defenders in this game.

Nige

Quote from: whatlez on October 23, 2014, 03:01:31 PM
I don't give a shower where Hibberd goes. I just don't like the inconsistent calls being made. Seems like favourites are always on the beneficial side of everthing. We should of just respected BB's decision instead this committee that no one voted to put in, in the first place.

I don't get how 14 coaches are against a trade then 3 randoms on a committee think the trades are fair. Are they familiar of the scoring or how much more valuable defenders in this game.
I'm fairly sure these '3 randoms' that you're referring to are the admins of the other three XVs comps.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nige on October 23, 2014, 03:04:15 PM
Quote from: whatlez on October 23, 2014, 03:01:31 PM

I'm fairly sure these '3 randoms' that you're referring to are the admins of the other three XVs comps.
Randoms when it comes to knowing the scoring system... Make a proper response instead of trying to be cheeky ::)