AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

BREAKING NEWS

Jack Trengove has just been named the new Captain of the TLFC, the young leader who had most of the year in a moon boot to heal a heel, was an obvious selection as he is just an impeccable young leader

David Mundy and Jack Macrae are the new Vice Captains with Ty Vickery, Jeremy Cameron, Tommy Lynch and Steven May in the Leadership group

The Llamas believe with what they are doing on and off the field, they can push for a finals birth as early as next season

Nige

I find it nothing short of absurd that Jack Macrae isn't captain.  :o

Justin Bieber

Can we scrap the elavating rookies thing and just name 6 rookies each year and then if a LTI happens etc, then you can play them??

nostradamus

Quote from: whatlez on October 16, 2014, 10:38:45 AM
Can we scrap the elavating rookies thing and just name 6 rookies each year and then if a LTI happens etc, then you can play them??

This would have been good to have been done when the rule ammendments were. But it's too late now, as teams have already structured their trades accordingly, and would in effect be penalised for good planning and list management.

But l'm all for it to be changed next year, it'd be a good common sense move that would benefit all teams if in place from the start of the trading period.

JBs-Hawks

Yea i wouldnt have had jack martin on my rookie list :P

Justin Bieber

To be honest I would of mentioned it but I was banned then I thought it was common sense as most other comps are doing it as I said. Only thing I don't like about it, is that if you get a player from our rookie draft then they are on the Rookie list. Someone like Miles, I couldn't just chuck on the senior list.

Also what's the go with trading in other peoples rookies? E.g. I traded Miles to Nost. So Nost has to upgrade Miles or nah?

nostradamus

Quote from: whatlez on October 16, 2014, 12:27:04 PM
To be honest I would of mentioned it but I was banned then I thought it was common sense as most other comps are doing it as I said. Only thing I don't like about it, is that if you get a player from our rookie draft then they are on the Rookie list. Someone like Miles, I couldn't just chuck on the senior list.

Also what's the go with trading in other peoples rookies? E.g. I traded Miles to Nost. So Nost has to upgrade Miles or nah?

yep we have to upgrade him using a Nat pick, and have structured our trades accordingly

Justin Bieber

Quote from: nostradamus on October 16, 2014, 01:17:27 PM

yep we have to upgrade him using a Nat pick, and have structured our trades accordingly
I thought I read somewhere that if you trade a player on your senior list for a rookie listed player then that player becomes on the senior list.

nostradamus

Quote from: whatlez on October 16, 2014, 01:23:01 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on October 16, 2014, 01:17:27 PM

I thought I read somewhere that if you trade a player on your senior list for a rookie listed player then that player becomes on the senior list.

I hope you're right ........ but don't think so

Jroo

Yeah, since Miles is on the rookie list, Prestia would replace him on Lez's rookie list. So Lez has to upgrade him, while Miles would go on Nost's senior list to replace Prestia. I think that's how it works.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: JROO8 on October 16, 2014, 03:38:56 PM
Yeah, since Miles is on the rookie list, Prestia would replace him on Lez's rookie list. So Lez has to upgrade him, while Miles would go on Nost's senior list to replace Prestia. I think that's how it works.
So this is what I mean. Stupid rules. I thought they would be fixed without question.

BB67th

Hey everyone,

I'm really sorry but I have had a really huge week and I have barely had a chance to be online. I will respond to all trade talks, trade approvals and everything else tomorrow once I get a chance.

And also, with the rookie list query above, what JROO said is not quite how it works, nos was correct in what he said.

If Miles is on the rookie list at one club, he moves onto the rookie list at another club. And Prestia will go from one senior list to another senior list.

The naming rookies at the start of a season idea is one that could be implemented, I hadn't considered it. It really should have been brought up when we had rule discussions, but it is unfortunately too late to consider that for next season now.

Nige

Too late for next season... which is still like 5 months away?

Justin Bieber

BB67th

Quote from: whatlez on October 16, 2014, 11:09:26 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 16, 2014, 10:43:46 PM
Too late for next season... which is still like 5 months away?
We are at the stage now where teams have traded and plan to draft with the current rookie rule. It should've been brought up when we had rule discussions if coaches wanted the rule to be changed.