AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

No HGA in finals I believe, is that right?

So really the only advantage at all is the double chance for teams 1-4?

Still trying to get my head around some rules, or lack thereof since AXVs seems to be heaps different from every other XV.

Toga

I thought that we voted on HGA for finals for 2014 onwards at the end of last season... Might be wrong though

Nige

Quote from: Toga on August 05, 2014, 05:40:43 PM
I thought that we voted on HGA for finals for 2014 onwards at the end of last season... Might be wrong though
If this is the case, the rulebook hasn't been updated. 

BB67th

Quote from: NigeyS on August 05, 2014, 05:42:16 PM
Yes this is the case, but I don't believe it is in the rulebook. I really do need to update it with all the rule changes that we voted on. I will get around to that tonight.

Nige

Quote from: BB67th on August 05, 2014, 05:54:10 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 05, 2014, 05:42:16 PM
Yes this is the case, but I don't believe it is in the rulebook. I really do need to update it with all the rule changes that we voted on. I will get around to that tonight.
Check out the second dot point under Home Ground Advantage.

Nige

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 15, 2012, 11:48:38 PM
ASIAN 15'S OFFICIAL RULE BOOK

HOME GROUND ADVANTAGE: The home team will recieve a bonus of 3% of thier total score.

* All teams will play an equal number of home games each per season.

* THERE IS NO HOME GROUND ADVANTAGE DURING FINALS SERIES.

Ricochet

Found this message

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 24, 2013, 01:56:32 PM
This may not be a complete list - but here are some items of change to vote on so far. read options and VOTE.

#1. Trading.

1.1 Q) How many list movements per trade window of which there are two 1 pre drafts and 1 post drafts.

A) 4 per window (current setting)
B) 5 per window

1.2 Q) Trades deals - format.

A) players and picks must be traded one for one, as in equal number of players and or picks on each side of the trade. (current setting).
B) players and picks can be traded for more or less players or picks, an in an uneven number of players and or picks can be on either side of the trade. (recommended new setting).

1.3 Q) Trade approval process.

A) Administrator approval and no committee to refer decisions to (current setting).
B) Administrator approval with committee of 3 other XVS admin to review decisions contested. (recommended new setting).
C) Peer review, all coaches vote on all trades majority rules.
D) Peer review, all coaches vote on all trades majority rules - with committee of 3 other XVS admin to review decisions contested.

#2. EMERGENCY / UTILITY settings

2.1 Q) How to use / score emergency and utility.

A) Utility has a position and is taken to be playing in that position. Utilities do not cover players missing from other positions emergencies do and emergencies also cover utility players of same position. (current setting)
B) CHANGE - Utility can cover other players in team of SAME position and then the first emergency is used to cover the utility player, regardless of position.

2.2 Q) Emergency score used.

A) highest scoring emergency from a position is used to cover the player out of that position (current setting)
B) first named emergency from a position is used to cover the player out of that position (STRONGLY recommended new setting)

#3. Home Ground Advantage.

HGA has effected about 5 games? current setting is 3% which for a 1900 score = 57 points.

3 Q) What HGA %

A) 3% (current setting)
B) 4% (increase to 76 points in a 1900 score)
C) 5% (increase to 95 points in a 1900 score)

#4. The Draw

4 Q) Set Up of the draw. (guidelines for formulating the draw)

A) Every team plays every other team once - the remaining games are randomly generated.
B) Every team plays every other team once - the remaining games are based on playing teams who finished is similar ladder positions.

(example - team who finished first plays everyone once and is more likely to play the remainder of their games against top 8 sides, where the team finishing last will play everyone once and is more likely to play remaining games against bottom 8 sides)

5. 2014 season playing during the byes or not. (dependant on AFL bye setup for 2014)

5 Q) Do we play every round or have a bye.

A) AXVS teams play every round regardless of AFL byes.
B) AXVS teams will have a bye during one of the bye rounds, and will play in the other being able to name players across multiple rounds, effectively meaning there will not be any AXVS player on a bye during an AXVS round.

THE FOLLOWING HAVE BEEN DECIDED BY ADMIN, FEEL FREE TO EXPRESS CONCERN IF AGAINST CHANGES

1. There will be HGA in every final except the grand final.
2. Teams will not play their rivals twice by default next season, they may but will not automatically.
3. There will be a 25 point bonus for updating your complete team score after the round (correctly). showing individual scores and total team score including HGA and bonus points if applicable.
4. If you name a player ineligible to play in your senior team ( a rookie or a player you do not own) you will receive 50% of your first named emergency players score (unless emergency already used then you get the next named emergency score) as cover. Regardless of positions.
5. Naming a player not named to play in the AFL will carry no penalty and normal emergency cover rules will apply. ( this based on rule above being changed by vote so that "highest scoring emergency is no longer used")

* ANNOUNCEMENT:  An assistant administrator will be named ahead of the 2014 season and will be responsible for certain duties and allocated a relevant amount of authority. TBA.

PLEASE FORWARD AS A MATTER OF EXTREME URGENCY ANY RULES AND SETTINGS YOU THINK NEED TO BE CHANGED AND VOTED ON

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on August 05, 2014, 06:01:55 PM
3. There will be a 25 point bonus for updating your complete team score after the round (correctly). showing individual scores and total team score including HGA and bonus points if applicable.

Was this effective this season? Because I was unaware of this too.

Also, how the hell do you calculate 3% for HGA? I'm terrible at maths. 

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: NigeyS on August 05, 2014, 06:10:21 PM

X.03

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 05, 2014, 06:45:02 PM

X.03
Cheers. My Year 7 maths teacher would be livid haha.

BB67th

This rule was originally intended because CW thought he wouldn't have the time to do the regular score updates. We got rid of that one once I took over.

I'm going to update the rulebook with all the other changes now.

BB67th

I believe it has been fully updated now. All rule changes have come from this thread. Might be worth just taking a look at it so that everyone is certain on rules.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,86760.0.html

Memphistopheles

The Strikers have been the best team all year but their depth is a little lacking imo.

Will be interesting to see how they go.

Also will no Ablett cost the Crocodiles the flag as his form slump cost us any chance last season?

Looking forward to it while I keep myself busy with trade talk...

Jay

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 08, 2014, 11:40:29 PM
The Strikers have been the best team all year but their depth is a little lacking imo.
We have scored the most points in the reserves comp this season ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Jayman on August 09, 2014, 01:14:23 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 08, 2014, 11:40:29 PM
We have scored the most points in the reserves comp this season ;)
I think he referring to your recent form in the reserves. You guys lost like 4 of the last 6.