AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on May 05, 2014, 08:03:00 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on May 05, 2014, 06:21:21 PM
Quote from: Jayman on May 05, 2014, 05:54:49 PM
Whats that? Strikers are top of the seniors and reserves?

;)
I've seen more ghosts than the coach as well.  :o

This passive, invisible coaching method is working well for ya Jay. Please have more presence.  :P
That's what year 12 does to ya :P
Depends who you ask.  ;)

That said, I wasn't on the forum until Year 12 was coming to a close (joined late August).

Ricochet

With the other comps discussing it... What are we going to do about the positional additions in AF?

BB67th

Not a huge fan of the idea myself. I don't know about positional changes happening half way through the season as it can change plans of what some coaches have and advantage some and disadvantage others.

We will see what other coaches think about it though.

Justin Bieber

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on May 06, 2014, 05:50:19 PM
And what are these additions?
They'll be announced on Thursday, I think.

tbagrocks

Not a fan as BB said and waiting till Thursday, yeah no thanks. Even though the Llamas are ruted :P

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ricochet on May 06, 2014, 05:09:33 PM
With the other comps discussing it... What are we going to do about the positional additions in AF?

Why are we following the lead from this inferior comp??  :P

Toga

Ftr, posies are only added, not taken away. Don't see how it hurts really but up to you! :)

Memphistopheles

Are Sportsbet doing it?

If not then I think we should stay as is.

Even if they were actually I'd probably be in favour of keeping things as is.

BB67th

A few people have been noticing mistakes in the team lists by position thread.

Adamant has done a great job putting the list together, but I have not checked over it, so I don't know if it's 100% accurate. The regular team lists thread is accurate.

BB67th

So Koop again failed to submit a full team this week, incurring a fourth strike, which under our penalties system involves a potential sacking.

Speaking to Koop recently, he has been busy with life and not in the best of health, and struggled to gain regular internet access. He has also acknowledged that his commitment hasn't been up to standards this season so far.

Now I never like to see a coach sacked, but obviously some action needs to be taken to ensure that the Eskimos can still be a competitive team. One suggestion that came up was that a co-coach be brought in to the Eskimos, with this coach taking the main role at Kathmandu while Koop is unable to regularly submit a team. NigeyS was kind enough to offer his services in this role.

Nigey was the runner-up at our last new coaches vote, and is a regular member around the board, having been involved with other teams as an assistant coach previously.

I would be fine with Nigey coming in as co-coach of the Eskimos, but being a coach change, this needs a vote of approval from the rest of our AXV coaches.

Please send me a pm with a simple yes or no for Nigey to become co-coach of the Eskimos ASAP, so that we can get things all set for the start of the next round. Once a majority decision has been reached, I will let everyone know the results.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Justin Bieber

Can we wait until I play the Eskimoes so I get an easy win?

Toga

Quote from: whatlez on May 21, 2014, 10:10:20 PM
Can we wait until I play the Eskimoes so I get an easy win?

+1

Just one more week would suit me fine :)

BB67th

Well we have had an overwhelming majority vote yes to Nigey being installed as co-coach of the Eskimos, so he and Koop are now joint coaches of the club.

Everyone give him a big welcome to our head coaching ranks!

Ricochet