AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

First Team Ratings are complete.

Note these ratings will change as teams trade players and take required compensation picks / delist extra players traded in over trade period #2.

The Manila Folders was 2013 highest rated team at 199. The current list is one man short however even considering that the current rating for the Manila Folders is ....

167 Down  32 on season 2013.

Will work through hall teams tonight and if not finished tomorrow night.

The up to date accurate team lists are in the trade thread and that is where I am recording the player ratings/ team ratings:

Here:  http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,86823.msg1199346.html#msg1199346

Justin Bieber

That's a bit drop. I reckon I could top that :o

Colliwobblers

there has been a slight change in what champion data have done in ranking players. All teams will be affected in the same way so while all team ranking may drop a bit it is the exact same system used in every year since champion data started out.

The subtle change and how it effects us is that a player who eitehr did not play enough games / played poorly then changed clubs has dropped in champion data ranking categories from what they were the season before to unknown ( which for our purposes gets them 1 point)  where in the previous year they could have been poor (2) or below average (4) or even higher.

this is not the case for all players clarke from Melbourne for example maintains his ranking of average this season after playing very little (4) points.

Yes some of the middle / bttom teams will no doubt have large increases, while given the ratings by champion data are done by where players are ranked by % example elite is the top 10% of all players in THAT position....  there will be a lot of changes as there were a lot of premiums that stepped up this season and quite a lot that went backwards or were still good but may have dropped out of the top 10% which then has them in the above average bracket.

difference to us is 6 points instead of 9 or visa versa

BB67th

Wow that is quite a drop for us. We did lose a bit of top end talent and replace it with a bit of depth, but I don't know how we have lost 30 points!

Surely Goddard and Cloke must be in the elite category as they ranked 6th and 3rd in their respective positions? It does run off Sportsbet scoring, yes?

JBs-Hawks

Def: L Hodge (Haw) 9, G Birchall (Haw) 9, T McKenzie (GC) 6, M Broadbent (Port) 6, S Butler (WC) 6, T Bugg (GWS) 2, M Buntine (GWS) 3, L McDonald (NM) 2, M Jaensch (Adel) 2, P Stewart (Port) 2, C Hooker (Ess) 6, J Roughead (WB) 4, A Smith (WC) 2, J Brennan (WC) 1, J Strauss (Melb) 1

Mid: J Steven (StK) 6, C Masten (WC) 6, L Shuey (WC) 6, D Zaharakis (Ess) 4, D Wells (NM) 6, N Jones (Melb) 6, H Hocking (Ess) 2, J Crisp (Bris) 1, A Woodward (Haw) 1, A Sexton (GC) 2, J Townsend (GWS) 1, M Hallahan (Haw) 1

Ruck: S Mumford (GWS) 6, S Hampson (Rich) 2, A Cordy (WB) 1, S Grimley (Haw) 1

Fwd: A Monfries (Port) 9, J Gunston (Haw) 9, S Mayes (Bris) 2, S Reid (Syd) 2, A Tomlinson (GWS) 4, J Hogan (Melb) 3, L Jones (WB) 1, L Sumner (GWS) 1, L Taylor (Bris) 1, J Freeman (Bris) 1

Rookie List: J Martin (GC) 3, S Tatupu (Haw) 1, M Dick (Syd) 1, D Wilsmore (Haw) 1, L Reynolds (Carl) 1, X Richards (Syd) 1

Did mine for ya Collie

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: BB67th on December 30, 2013, 06:28:39 PM
Wow that is quite a drop for us. We did lose a bit of top end talent and replace it with a bit of depth, but I don't know how we have lost 30 points!

Surely Goddard and Cloke must be in the elite category as they ranked 6th and 3rd in their respective positions? It does run off Sportsbet scoring, yes?

No in ranks of CD rating points, Goddard averages 105 so is just outside the top 10% of mids. Reckon he must of been just outside cos Barlow averages 105.8 and he got elite status

BB67th

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 30, 2013, 06:36:52 PM
Quote from: BB67th on December 30, 2013, 06:28:39 PM

No in ranks of CD rating points, Goddard averages 105 so is just outside the top 10% of mids. Reckon he must of been just outside cos Barlow averages 105.8 and he got elite status
Ah right, that makes sense then, the CD points will be a bit different.

Looks like I have lost a lot of points in my depth. Players like McGrath, Merrett, Vince, Schneider, Lynch, Laidler. So I'm still pretty confident about my chances this year, we still have the talent at the top end.

Colliwobblers

Llamas are done I will do one from the top then one from the bottom and so on.

another point to think on - you get 3 points for a top 5 draft pick player, 2 fr a first round draft pick player (before they play the cut off amount of games required for champion data to rank them as in avg/poor/elite etc.

if that player goes and plays however many games he needs to such as toumpas who was worth 3 last season, he gets a rating which in his case is poor (1)  therefore although we all know toumpas is worth more this season than last, he earns the Llamas 2 less ranking points.

this is a slight skew in accurate ratings but when you look at o'meara and wingard who both are now worth 4 points, you can see giving the top 5 draft pick players an itial rating of 3 makes some sense as martin and hogan and the top 5 will get this season.

back to the Llamas......

Current Team Value (106) 2013 Team Value (108) Down 2  :o

Justin Bieber

I'm pretty sure it doesn't go on scoring as Cale Hooked got 6 points.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: whatlez on December 30, 2013, 06:46:38 PM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't go on scoring as Cale Hooked got 6 points.

Yes but he is in the top 35% of key defenders.

Its sorted into Gen Def/Key Def/Mids/Rucks/Gen Fwds/Key Forwards.

Hence cloke at an average of 90 is only an Above Average Key Forward, whereas Gunston at an average of 84 is an elite Gen Forward.

Colliwobblers

What JB said.

and yes the system I am using for our player/team ratings is far from perfect especially given the best key defenders are rated 9 same as ablett or franklin (in a good year) but they score a ton less....

HOWEVER

the ratings last season were very very close to how competitive all our teams were so while imperfect this rating system proved to be very accurate.

Colliwobblers

The Bears: move to first for now....

BEARS FINAL LIST Current Team Value (184) 2013 Team Value (198) Down 14

tbagrocks

Down two? :o  Still ....

Enter the Changlimithang at your peril!!

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 30, 2013, 11:37:23 PM
Down two? :o  Still ....

Enter the Changlimithang at your peril!!

the system is flawed (slightly) clubs like yours, and mine are filled with potential breakout candidates, lowly rated but ready to go bang!

we will see what the new year/season brings....

Colliwobblers

there was a player missed on the Llamas list - he was worth (1) so Llamas are down 1 not 2.

the only team to go up so far and by much less than expected....

CRABS FINAL LIST Current Team Value (132) 2013 Team Value (126) Up 6

the ratings look to be lower this season slightly so improvement may become clearer when you compare the gap "between" our teams from last season to this season.