AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 18, 2013, 08:06:56 PM

Very happy with the defence and Ruck lines, they will be as good as any imo

Back B Jacobs, A Otten, R Laird, J Pittard, 

And Zac Smith as ruck

Fuvk off if you think you have a defence or ruck line as good as anyone. I have the best rucks and my back line is shower and is still superior to yours.

Noz

I have the best mids.

Jobe Watson, Josh Kennedy, David Mundy, Mitch Duncan, Matthew Stokes, Brandon Ellis, Tom Mitchell, Josh Thomas, Brad Sewell, Luke Ball, Jed Anderson, Jack Viney, Jonathan Simpkin, Aiden Riley, Andrew Raines, Jarrad Jansen, Ben Newton

Perfect mixture of proven premiums, young premiums and future premiums and Andrew Raines

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Noz on December 18, 2013, 11:04:35 PM
I have the best mids.

Jobe Watson, Josh Kennedy, David Mundy, Mitch Duncan, Matthew Stokes, Brandon Ellis, Tom Mitchell, Josh Thomas, Brad Sewell, Luke Ball, Jed Anderson, Jack Viney, Jonathan Simpkin, Aiden Riley, Andrew Raines, Jarrad Jansen, Ben Newton

Perfect mixture of proven premiums, young premiums and future premiums and Andrew Raines
Tries to make a point.... Names the same player twice... ::)

Noz

Quote from: whatlez on December 18, 2013, 11:06:36 PM
I have the best mids.

I was pointing out that Raines is neither a proven premium a young premium or a future premium he is a spud.

For every Jobe Watson and Jack Viney you have on your list you need someone like Andrew Raines to balance it out.

Every successful club has a spud on their list its for marketing purposes.

Ricochet

How deep are we going in this best mids argument

Ablett, Pendles, Sidebottom, Gibbs, Liberatore, Wellingham, Savage, CBeams, KStevens then it drops off a bit

8)

Colliwobblers

no i did not say i had the best midfield, i said i had the deepest pool of talented youth (undeveloped) , then went on to say - or "one of the best"

watson kennedy mundy duncan stokes sewell ball raines do not even count in what i was saying i had.

the rest do and are pretty good but i think i top that with

Jake Melksham - still breaking out and young
Mitch Wallis - still breaking out and young
David Myers - still breaking out and young
Mark Hutchings - averaged 120+
Dom Tyson - pick #3
Jack Newnes - kid now a lock in the saints midfield
Kane Lucas - still breaking out and young
Nick Suban - still breaking out and young
Matt Jones - averaged 91 in his first season in 2013
Johnathon O'Rourke - pick #2
Mark Whiley - highly rated midfielder, little known but a zone selection by the giants he has a spot in the middle in time.
Nicholas Robertson - pick #34 would of could have gone higher but missed the champs with injury
Joshua Kelly - pick #2
Lloyd Perris* - who knows
Isaac Conway* - who knows

J O'Rourke - pick #2
D Tyson - pick #3

@ rico - same for you, we were / I was not talking about "best mids".....  but that is a good midfield by any measure if your talking best midfields not deep pools of youth talent ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Noz on December 18, 2013, 11:12:28 PM
Quote from: whatlez on December 18, 2013, 11:06:36 PM
I have the best mids.

I was pointing out that Raines is neither a proven premium a young premium or a future premium he is a spud.

For every Jobe Watson and Jack Viney you have on your list you need someone like Andrew Raines to balance it out.

Every successful club has a spud on their list its for marketing purposes.

You had Ellis named twice initially, must of edited it

Noz

If you think Mitch Duncan is no longer young at the bright age of 22 colli then take out Melksham (22), Myers (24), Hutchins (22), Suban (23), Jones (26), Lucas (22)

Colliwobblers

yeah good point noz, didnt realize duncan was so young, put him in, take matt jones out :)

although duncan probably counts as having made it to premium or close enough ;)

you have built a strong midfield to be sure to be sure

Adamant

I'm going on a holiday overseas tonight so if I don't reply to any PMs regarding trades don't think I am ignoring you.

Will be away for just over two weeks.

Toga

Colliwobblers

yeah enjoy the holiday, travel safe

RidleyU

Thought I would mention the Crabs mids since there is a debate going on  ::)
Now I understand the word undeveloped was used but I am struggling to see any of the listed mids we have not improving with the possible exception of Macaffer (and even then he could very well do so in that run with role).

T. Cotchin
D. Prestia
A. Treloar
J. O'Meara
T. Adams
M. Grigg
D. Rich
B. Crouch
M. Crouch
J. Lonergan
J. Aish
T. Dumont
M. Arnot
S. Ross
B. Macaffer
J. Cowan

Toga

Colliwobblers

Finaly got my prospectus, full team ratings for 2014 will be up tonight. (late)