AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: Noz on November 28, 2013, 03:50:01 PM
I don't get how this effects anyone else? If we have left over movements then we should still be able to use them

Because then you get more movements in the 2nd period than other coaches who used them in the first. It's definitely unfair.

What about coaches that traded hard for draft picks? They could've just saved their first period trades and then tried to use players to trade for the players that were drafted instead of risking on trading for a pick where their player could've already been taken anyway

It disadvantages coaches who used all 1st period trades with the expectation of only being able to get so many trades in 2nd period.

Some coaches might have rushed trades with the thought they had to use them in that period so they still had enough trades in the 2nd period for what they wanted to do.

If you have left over movements that's by your own doing and to think it's possible to just change the rules on a whim is stupid Noz.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on November 28, 2013, 04:07:00 PM
Quote from: Noz on November 28, 2013, 03:50:01 PM
I don't get how this effects anyone else? If we have left over movements then we should still be able to use them

Because then you get more movements in the 2nd period than other coaches who used them in the first. It's definitely unfair.

What about coaches that traded hard for draft picks? They could've just saved their first period trades and then tried to use players to trade for the players that were drafted instead of risking on trading for a pick where their player could've already been taken anyway

It disadvantages coaches who used all 1st period trades with the expectation of only being able to get so many trades in 2nd period.

Some coaches might have rushed trades with the thought they had to use them in that period so they still had enough trades in the 2nd period for what they wanted to do.

If you have left over movements that's by your own doing and to think it's possible to just change the rules on a whim is stupid Noz.

Bad fuvking luck.

tbagrocks

Too much trading anyway, the more trades the more some will try manipulate others!

I'm all for fairness and the least trading the better ;)  But we are suppost to be the comp that resembles the AFL right? ???

I can see the point of others though, not everyone is a drafting Guru like the Tibetan Llamas 8)

Colliwobblers

we voted on this and we extended to 4 in each period but we kept the periods and the limit we extended to of 5 seperate.

i woill be happy to vote on it again next season.

if it was going to be the way i would want it i think it would be 4 per trade period, 4 maximum in period 1, but unsused period 1 movements carry over to period 2.

too many trades is unrealistic.

and trading players you just drafted is even more unrealistic as the afl just dont ever do it.

but we only try to be afl like we cant be exactly the same.

still whatever is most popular we will do.

but in saying that and saying we will vote on things , we cannot keep chopping and changing indefinitely.

sooner rather than later we are going to have to lock away the rules and then only change things that are glaringly wrong or that could clearly be better.

still with bb coming on and a few new coaches we will evaluate most things after the 2014 season.

Justin Bieber

The AFL doesn't have DPP. That's why they don't have to worry about trading

Vinny

Hahaha imagine the AFL had fixed positions and you couldn't leave your zone unless you received DPP before the start of th season. :o

Noz

The AFL also doesn't have more than 1 trading period.

The AFL also doesn't have to wait on champion data to let them know where to play their players.

Colliwobblers

one trading period suits me fine, and we can do it all drafts and trade period after mid December when the prospectus is released.

sounds fine to me.

Nails

Quote from: vinny on November 28, 2013, 09:49:00 PM
Hahaha imagine the AFL had fixed positions and you couldn't leave your zone unless you received DPP before the start of th season. :o

The real comp does though Auskick ftw.

Noz

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 29, 2013, 12:36:47 AM
one trading period suits me fine, and we can do it all drafts and trade period after mid December when the prospectus is released.

sounds fine to me.

I reckon for next season we either have 1 trade period with 8 list movements starting in November up until a week after the prospectus is released.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Noz on November 29, 2013, 12:28:44 AM
The AFL also doesn't have more than 1 trading period.

The AFL also doesn't have to wait on champion data to let them know where to play their players.
So maybe draft/trade players you know will mostly be in similar positions most their careers?

Goddard, Birtchell, Enright for example, Pavlich, Lacca, Betts

Sheesh, it's not that hard :P

with 40 senior players to make a squad of 15 each week, who really needs to know the SB player positions? :o sheesh :P

Colliwobblers

no one will have any list movements left when the prospectus is released, and those that do will have no one to trade with ...

that would change not much except one period instead of two. and delaying the drafts.

tbagrocks

Guess what i'm watching on Disney channel?

Yep, the inspiration behind the Llamas, The Emperors New Groove :o

nostradamus

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 30, 2013, 07:27:14 PM
Guess what i'm watching on Disney channel?

Yep, the inspiration behind the Llamas, The Emperors New Groove :o

l'd better not say l'm scratching my nuts then  ::)

Justin Bieber

I Can't post in the other thread... So I'm not sure what I do, until further notice.