AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

Quote from: Ricochet on November 27, 2013, 09:09:12 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 26, 2013, 08:06:09 PM
I will post the lists when i get home from work tomorrow night and open the draft. I have JROO8 pick so can get us started.

should be around 6-7 pm tomorrow night at the latest.

might be a fair bit earlier depending how my day goes.
Is there a reason we are starting so early? I thought we would wait til December for when positional changes are announced. Like EXV. Like I have quite a few borderline position changes that could have a big impact on who I pick in the Rookie Draft

but dont we have a 3rd trade period to fix up any positional anomalies Rico?

Ricochet

Quote from: nostradamus on November 27, 2013, 09:19:07 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 27, 2013, 09:09:12 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 26, 2013, 08:06:09 PM
I will post the lists when i get home from work tomorrow night and open the draft. I have JROO8 pick so can get us started.

should be around 6-7 pm tomorrow night at the latest.

might be a fair bit earlier depending how my day goes.
Is there a reason we are starting so early? I thought we would wait til December for when positional changes are announced. Like EXV. Like I have quite a few borderline position changes that could have a big impact on who I pick in the Rookie Draft

but dont we have a 3rd trade period to fix up any positional anomalies Rico?
Trading for a guy to fix a possie is a lot harder and more expensive than taking a guy with a pick. Like what's another couple of weeks wait, we don't have anything over this period anyway. Just seems more logical to me

Ricochet

Just checked and last year they started releasing positional changes on the 28th-29th of November so it'll be awesome if we could wait a day or two

KoopKicka

Quote from: Ricochet on November 27, 2013, 10:51:13 AM
Just checked and last year they started releasing positional changes on the 28th-29th of November so it'll be awesome if we could wait a day or two

Highly doubt that will happen this year with the new time of the Rookie Draft, thats what the second trade period is for. If youve all 10 movements, while you will only be able to cater for the positional changes in a limited aspect, you did get to balance all trades, including period 2 ones, with picks. ;) Gotta give a little to take a little. (Or something like that)

RidleyU

Just a quick heads up. Expect a few twitter leaks in a couple of days time. Positions have been finalised by VS. All that needs to happen now is rookies to be added and positions set.

If I find out a little more definite info I will share.

Justin Bieber

Noz

So Josh Mellington decided to withdraw his nomination for the rookie draft moments before the draft so he now has to stay on my list for the entire year?

RidleyU

Anthony Miles rookie listed at the Tigers along with Banfield and Matt Thomas.

Nige

Quote from: Noz on November 27, 2013, 11:40:40 AM
So Josh Mellington decided to withdraw his nomination for the rookie draft moments before the draft so he now has to stay on my list for the entire year?
Surely you can't have a player on your list that's not even in the AFL?  ???

Justin Bieber

Quote from: NigeyS on November 27, 2013, 11:42:43 AM
Surely you can't have a player on your list that's not even in the AFL?  ???
Yeah Noz will lose him and get a compo pick in the Nat draft.

KoopKicka

No, you will get a compensation pick at the end of the Rookie draft IIRC.

Toga

Quote from: KoopKicka on November 27, 2013, 11:43:41 AM

Yeah pretty sure Koop's got it here, should be a compo pick at the end of the Rookie. :)

Toga

Keen as to get the AXV rookie draft on the road now! :D

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 27, 2013, 11:48:02 AM
Meanwhile, BXVs and EXVs are still going... and WXVs hasn't even started.  :o :P

Nails

Quote from: NigeyS on November 27, 2013, 11:48:54 AM
Quote from: Toga on November 27, 2013, 11:48:02 AM
Meanwhile, BXVs and EXVs are still going... and WXVs hasn't even started.  :o :P

WXVs having not started is this best possible option of all comps.

You don't need up getting showerty compo picks and this kinda stuff doesn't screw your team:

Quote from: KoopKicka on November 27, 2013, 11:43:41 AM