AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 19, 2013, 04:12:00 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 19, 2013, 04:02:50 PM
I prefer ladder better representation of entire seasons performance than a couple of finals results - ESPECIALLY given the number of afl players rested during our finals.

Just on that point and, I forget if it has been mentioned already, what are people's thoughts on finishing our season in the second last week (Round 22) to avoid the scenario where a club rests a host of key players before the AFL finals?

For example what if one of the grand final teams this year had Fyfe, Mundy and Michael Johnson and then they lost?
the Dongs had made it and captained Joey against the weak Dockers lineup - they would most likely have won just due to that.
When there is 2 byes in the AFL next year, I don't think as many people will be rested at the end of the season. There will still be some, but I think it is just something to put up with. If you are the best team, you will have good depth.

JBs-Hawks

Cl spots should goto the prelim finalists not ladder positions. You build your team to win premierships not minor premierships.  If you nfinish top 4 and bow out in straight sets then you cant hack ot against the best teams so shouldn't be playing CL anyway.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 19, 2013, 04:28:20 PM
Cl spots should goto the prelim finalists not ladder positions. You build your team to win premierships not minor premierships.  If you nfinish top 4 and bow out in straight sets then you cant hack ot against the best teams so shouldn't be playing CL anyway.

or maybe you shouldnt have premiums in your teams from geelong of fremantle or other clubs that rest all their playes the rounds leading up to finals which is in the middle of those finals of ours which are apparantly the best test of how good your side is, even if half of it is being rested "for OUR final"

what you say is very true for the AFL, not so much for fantasy footy, still we play the finals we play and you win or lose with what you have available.

The top 4 usually end up in the 2nd last week of finals anyway so either way it is the top 4 that are most likely to play.

but some in worlds and euros dont want it to be about ladder of finals but the 4 teams that average the most points for all season.

which is even worse if you ask me. but then again from their point of view - even more accurate....

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 19, 2013, 04:54:02 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 19, 2013, 04:28:20 PM

or maybe you shouldnt have premiums in your teams from geelong of fremantle or other clubs that rest all their playes the rounds leading up to finals which is in the middle of those finals of ours which are apparantly the best test of how good your side is, even if half of it is being rested "for OUR final"

what you say is very true for the AFL, not so much for fantasy footy, still we play the finals we play and you win or lose with what you have available.

The top 4 usually end up in the 2nd last week of finals anyway so either way it is the top 4 that are most likely to play.

but some in worlds and euros dont want it to be about ladder of finals but the 4 teams that average the most points for all season.

which is even worse if you ask me. but then again from their point of view - even more accurate....

Even if we did it that way Colli - with teams which scored the most points during the season - it would still be the top 4 teams based on ladder positions. Yes we scored less than the other 3 teams in the top 4 but still more than anyone outside the top 4.

However, the 5th highest scoring team (UAE Tigers) didn't even make the 8. If they had been in the top 4 scoring teams and got to play CL I'm sure whoever missed out would be quite aggrieved.

Colliwobblers

should take this discussion to the champions league thread, maybe it will prompt the otehr admins to pull their finger out and make a decision.

i support JB's idea, but i am a little against a team finishing 2nd or even first having a rotten run of luck in finals and not making champions league.

at the end of the day we have 3 realistic options and i think we should make a decision so holz can get on with the work of saying who is in and working out when and how the comp will run.

the good news - 4 AXVS teams will be in it....

if it comes to a vote of the admins i will run the vote by all axvs coaches to make my vote on behalf of our coaches.

it may be a vote by every coach of all XVS - i do not know yet - holz does not know yet....

i will pm the other admins now and see if we can get started on working it out.

BB67th

Everyone head on over to the Folders team thread, the Best and Fairest is about to get under way!

Justin Bieber

I'm sorry to everyone. I keep running out of PMs per hour so I can't reply to everyone haha

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on September 19, 2013, 09:34:18 PM
I'm sorry to everyone. I keep running out of PMs per hour so I can't reply to everyone haha

go on chat - pm the trade parters and tell them too also - solved

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 19, 2013, 09:58:29 PM
Quote from: whatlez on September 19, 2013, 09:34:18 PM

go on chat - pm the trade parters and tell them too also - solved
iPad.

Colliwobblers

cant you do chat on ipad? thats not cool

specky92

Download puffin, it's dodgy but it works

Holz

Champion Qualifiers:

Mongolia
Taiwan
Bangladesh
Manila

premiers and next 3 highest finishes after home and away. To win the champions you need to be consistent over a long period of time, so the home and away rankings I feel is the best measure.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Holzman on September 20, 2013, 01:39:07 PM
Champion Qualifiers:

Mongolia
Taiwan
Bangladesh
Manila

premiers and next 3 highest finishes after home and away. To win the champions you need to be consistent over a long period of time, so the home and away rankings I feel is the best measure.

Thanks Holz. and May the best Asian win... even tho my British team is in it ;)

Justin Bieber

Anyone want to trade? Not hearing much in Asian. A little quiet around here?

Colliwobblers

i still have movements but i only want fwd and mid or high picks.

cannot give up a fwd or a mid. no rucks left to give so i'm pretty much only offering defenders or picks.