AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Ok, Judgement Time is here!

Vote for the AXV Rising Star award via PM to myself, on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis. The list of nominees, and a snapshot of their seasons, can be found here.

Get voting! :)

Noz

Get around those Gazelles and start voting

Quote from: Noz on August 21, 2013, 03:56:51 PM
Who will take out the inaugural Turkey best and fairest now called the "Hamish Wingard medal" Hamish Wingard was dubbed the greatest person to ever hail from the great country which is Turkey, Hamish Wingard was pivotal in World War 1 nearly winning the entire war on his own back. The great country of Turkey recognises his abilities and are privileged to name such a prestigious medal after him.

TURKEY FOOTBALL CLUB
           cordially invites you to the dolmbahce palace on the 6th of September to announce just who will take home the most prestigious medal throughout the sporting world. "Hamish Wingard medal" tickets are selling fast so if you want to be apart of sporting history book you're table now

Other medals up for grabs are:

Chad Hartlett medal - Best first year player
Ottoman medal - Player who captained the side most throughout the year
Goitered medal - Player judged by the public as the best player throughout the year

Prices
$150 to enjoy a lovely meal for you and one friend (limit 5 per customer)
$200 to enjoy a lovely meal for you and one friend plus autograph and pictures from playing and coaching staff
$300 to enjoy a lovely meal and get invited to the after party where all players and coaching staff will attend (limit 50 people)

Also don't miss your chance to vote who takes home the Goitered medal send you're votes to head coach Noz via PM on Fanfooty

Nominees
A) Jobe Watson
B) Mitch Duncan
C) Dean Cox
D) Brendan Ellis
E) David Mundy
F) Tom Mitchell
G) Heath Shaw

Toga

Still only got votes from Ricochet, KoopKicka, Noz, BB67th, JROO8 and whatlez for the AXVRS.

Awards night is on Wednesday, would like to have votes from everyone by then if possible! :)

Colliwobblers

Toga

Good idea Coll, will do later today! :)

Jroo

If anyone wants to talk trades PM me  :)
Looking for a ruckmen + maybe a fwd.

Ricochet

Tom Liberatore with a 140 average since round 14... gun

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ricochet on August 26, 2013, 09:58:47 AM
Tom Liberatore with a 140 average since round 14... gun
The only mistake I made was picking Wallis over this boy :-[

Ricochet

Wallis will still be good, has been tagging this year... But Libba has been amazing

tbagrocks

So much cofuffle over at the WXV, while we banter the best over ear ;D

Ok I owe an apology! I missed our special night!

I humbly apologize for my absence! Truly very sorry, no excuses I failed you all! Really needed to do better than that!

Forgive me and the llamas will still belt your bum :o

KoopKicka

When does delisting and trades start? started in the other comps, I want it to start here! Haha

Nails

Quote from: KoopKicka on August 31, 2013, 07:24:58 PM
When does delisting and trades start? started in the other comps, I want it to start here! Haha

Trading hasn't started in Worlds

and from what I know/can tell hasn't officially started in EXVs? (maybe it has IDK)

Colliwobblers

Trading can pretty much start when the 5 remaining coaches vote on all the rule changes i sent in the PM.

then i will announce results

then i will ask for further confirmation nothing in regards to trading at least needs looking at.

then i can open the window.

no real point in waiting, it can open pretty much any time after the grand final is decided and can run up until close to the start of the national draft.

Delisting can happen at any time during the FIRST and SECOND trade period.

final list lodgement will be required on completion of the SECOND trade period.

same numbers on both lists as you have now.

there are a couple of other things we need to vote on other than total number of list movements, like will it require you to use a national draft pick to promote a rookie as it does in the AFL.

and when we do our preseason rookie draft, i feel it is only right that left over players from this season (undrafted + delisted) go into the preseason draft pool and can either go onto your senior or rookie lists

where as rookies drafted in the afl rookie draft can ONLY go onto your rookie list.

so you see there are  a couple of things we need to sort out before we get started trading as these rules will effect how you trade. or your trade strategy.

and some of you might come up with other things we may need to tweak , but if you are going to best get a wriggle on....

KoopKicka

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 31, 2013, 07:49:32 PM
Trading can pretty much start when the 5 remaining coaches vote on all the rule changes i sent in the PM.

then i will announce results

then i will ask for further confirmation nothing in regards to trading at least needs looking at.

then i can open the window.

no real point in waiting, it can open pretty much any time after the grand final is decided and can run up until close to the start of the national draft.

Who still needs to vote?

Delisting can happen at any time during the FIRST and SECOND trade period.

final list lodgement will be required on completion of the SECOND trade period.

same numbers on both lists as you have now.

there are a couple of other things we need to vote on other than total number of list movements, like will it require you to use a national draft pick to promote a rookie as it does in the AFL.

and when we do our preseason rookie draft, i feel it is only right that left over players from this season (undrafted + delisted) go into the preseason draft pool and can either go onto your senior or rookie lists

where as rookies drafted in the afl rookie draft can ONLY go onto your rookie list.

so you see there are  a couple of things we need to sort out before we get started trading as these rules will effect how you trade. or your trade strategy.

and some of you might come up with other things we may need to tweak , but if you are going to best get a wriggle on....

Nails

sorry to be a little dog Colli

can you please PM me the voting option again...

FFS. Painful that we had a shower week last week against Folders,  should have won but bad players and bs luck and out.

Wanted to play as we probably would've been on track for highest Asians score of all time after 253*2 from Captain Montagna.