AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

They should go into the rookie draft imo Colli

Not good if we have players totally disappear. Also what happens if one player has 32 retirees from his list? Would be good to have backup non-selected players IMO.

They were selectable in Worlds and Euros, I know this isn't Worlds or Euros or anything. But then issues arise if AFL reduces team lists or stuff and we don't have enough players etc. etc.

KoopKicka

Jroo

Quote from: KoopKicka on June 13, 2013, 09:36:37 PM
I want Blayne Wilson!  >:(
Don't think Blicavs was taken was he?
Would be sooooo handy for my team  :'(
I was close to taking Jack Fitzpatrick too and he would also be handy.

KoopKicka

Quote from: JROO8 on June 13, 2013, 09:41:42 PM

No, neither was Jack Hutchins, Will Sierakowski, Sam Grimley, Jimmy Webster etc.

monstrum

Seems a bit silly that a player could potentially be playing AFL but hav no way of getting onto an AXV list. Theres afew blokes i would likefrom the unselected

Adamant

Tommy Nicholls would be the number #1 priority at this stage if we could draft the unpicked players!

Jroo

Quote from: KoopKicka on June 13, 2013, 09:43:19 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on June 13, 2013, 09:41:42 PM

No, neither was Jack Hutchins, Will Sierakowski, Sam Grimley, Jimmy Webster etc.
Yeah just had a look. Sme handy players  :o

specky92

Quote from: monstrum on June 13, 2013, 09:43:40 PM
Seems a bit silly that a player could potentially be playing AFL but hav no way of getting onto an AXV list. Theres afew blokes i would likefrom the unselected
+1 some of these players could turn Elite and nobody has them.

Nails

Yeah if forced to pick from this year's rookie draft players a lot will never see the light of AFL football and will just be delisted

Seems a bit silly if we have to pick up someone worthless when Grimley, Blicavs etc. all go by untouched.

Grimley would be my #1 Adam.

Jroo

Quote from: Adamant on June 13, 2013, 09:44:23 PM
Tommy Nicholls would be the number #1 priority at this stage if we could draft the unpicked players!
+ 1 Adam.
Blicavs would be up there too.

Adamant

Yeah, that's because you have the whole Hawthorn ruck line Nails. :P

Colliwobblers

a note on the PM i sent you all regarding naming of teams and OOP players.

it is not a vote, or a choice of option a or option b - it is point a and point b - both are the case. You do what is best for your team on any given week.

the only rule is that you cannot name an OOP player or leave a slot blank if you have ANY playing player on your list for that position (senior listed or promoted to senior list player that is)

make sense?

Toga

Lol when I was doing the TOTW & RS this week Nicholls would've been in both, but he's not even on a list let alone playing seniors! :o

I, like the others, agree that it's a good idea to have access to these guys :-X

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Toga on June 13, 2013, 10:18:37 PM
Lol when I was doing the TOTW & RS this week Nicholls would've been in both, but he's not even on a list let alone playing seniors! :o

I, like the others, agree that it's a good idea to have access to these guys :-X

are you prepared to get the list of every single AFL listed player - not at the end of this season but after all the delistings and retirements over the off season.

check against all the AXVS lists and find all the ones that are "available" and give me a list of them ?

THEN - when do we draft them, in our preseason/ rookie draft?

I don't see the point of recycling old players, we have a full selection of 4 national draft picks which will ONLY be able to be used for national AFL draft picked players.

I am happy to add this "pool" of AFL listed players (as of 2014 after all the delistings and retirements) to our rookie/preseason draft.

but i am NOT going to work out who they all are and make a list.

I will put this option to the vote as many other things will be put to the vote following this innaugarel season. But someone else is going to have to come up with the list.

and be prepared to spend a few weeks doing it, and checking it and removing every player every time a club announces a retirement or delists someone.....

KoopKicka

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 13, 2013, 10:23:32 PM
Quote from: Toga on June 13, 2013, 10:18:37 PM

are you prepared to get the list of every single AFL listed player - not at the end of this season but after all the delistings and retirements over the off season.

check against all the AXVS lists and find all the ones that are "available" and give me a list of them ?

THEN - when do we draft them, in our preseason/ rookie draft?

I don't see the point of recycling old players, we have a full selection of 4 national draft picks which will ONLY be able to be used for national AFL draft picked players.

I am happy to add this "pool" of AFL listed players (as of 2014 after all the delistings and retirements) to our rookie/preseason draft.

but i am NOT going to work out who they all are and make a list.

I will put this option to the vote as many other things will be put to the vote following this innaugarel season. But someone else is going to have to come up with the list.

and be prepared to spend a few weeks doing it, and checking it and removing every player every time a club announces a retirement or delists someone.....

Colli, they should still be in the draft thread.