AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

So I've just had a look through all my players scores from the weekend and our depth is wafer thin.

We'll need some luck from the Footy Gods to avoid injuries if we are to challenge for the flag.

Outside of the XV who started last week (including Dickson as EMG) only Toovey, J Blake, C Jones, Zaharakis, Jolly, Stokes and Sutcliffe played.

That's 2 defenders, 3 midfielders (counting Sutcliffe), 1 ruck and 1 forward. Not a whole lot to choose from there. They all scored reasonably well which is a good sign.

Others who I can expect to get a game on a more regular basis this season are Scott McMahon, Joel Corey, Nick Vlastuin and Matt Rosa.

Outside of them Josh Hunt, Horsley, Hardingham, L Osborne, N Wright, T Campbell, O Stephenson, A Edwards, Aaron Davey, C Dell'Olio and Brett Ebert might get games but I wouldn't expect many games from these guys and if so I don't expect them to score well.

Going to be a real busy off-season I think.

Also the match review of the Dolphins v Lambs is up now in my thread - check it out.

BB67th

Well that turned out to be a close one for the Folders. I leave for a short holiday over the weekend and with no internet I have no idea what the final result would be. Good job from the captain Swanny and big Trav Cloke having big games to get us over the line! Llamas next week so a fairly easy start to the season with a couple of wins!

Colliwobblers

do the llamas have crouch ? he will score 180 in his first full game  :o

Justin Bieber

Llamas will be a flog side. Elephants will beat them by a record margin.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 03, 2013, 08:47:49 PM
Didn't go down that path, Clay Smith, Mitch Wallis, Chad Wingard and Jimmy the Gun match Crouch, this isn't SC ;)

Lez, tell'em you're dreaming ;)

Thing Crouch has as a good tackle count, other than possessions and tackles, not much else! Except awesome clearance numbers! But no points for that!

nostradamus

a much much better side has him  ;)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: nostradamus on April 03, 2013, 09:59:05 PM

a much much better side has him  ;)

boy oh boy wowee how did the llamas miss the love child....

thomo has taken young crouch under his wing it seems and cannot wait to have him slutting it up in the midfield with him.

i'll wait for his second game but I WILL bring him in :)

good get

tbagrocks

What do you mean? ??? We got the Dangerman!! Also Toumpas, Brown and Laird, who has heard o Wingard ;D

Couch would struggle for game time!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 03, 2013, 11:38:33 PM
What do you mean? ??? We got the Dangerman!! Also Toumpas, Brown and Laird, who has heard o Wingard ;D

Do you get players like Wingard are spuds?

Adamant

Quote from: whatlez on April 04, 2013, 12:48:22 AM

Do you get players like Wingard are spuds?

Yeah, Wingard is a fantasy spud. Just not a big scorer. Will be a gun player though.

Nails

To be fair, unless your team is the Dongs you're in no place to be calling other teams spuds.

nostradamus

Couch did struggle to get games at Melbourne last year because he's a spud, but Crouch will get games at Adelaide because he's not

........and he'll get games at the Crabs too  :P

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Nails on April 04, 2013, 01:14:13 AM
To be fair, unless your team has Ablett as captain you're in no place to be calling other teams spuds.

Corrected...

Adamant

Quote from: Memphistopheles on April 04, 2013, 12:58:29 PM
Quote from: Nails on April 04, 2013, 01:14:13 AM
To be fair, unless you're on top of the ladder you're in no place to be calling other teams spuds.

Corrected...

Fixed.

tbagrocks

Will he get named? Find out soon, they seem to think he will over here, anyone see the spud who said he was no good :o

Wonder if Jimmy is worth naming again, I smell sub :-\  Or does he come out for Terlich? I suspect Trengove won't be back yet, Jimmy could stay in the 15!

Vickery for Captain ;D