AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Football Factory

Nige

Rids

Good afternoon to everyone.

We will need to open a discussion in regards to the future of AXV moving fwd. I was able to assist and get a hybrid comp for the 2019 season but the reality is that I will not have sufficient time to continue in the mod role. I will complete this season all the way through to the AXV grand final but it has become very challenging to find enough time on a weekly basis to do what is required and necessary for this comp to be run to it's full potential.

It is why I want to start the discussion early. The comp came very close to ending last year so we all need to chat and work out an approach if it is still viable to operate after season 2019.

Cheers
Rids

Football Factory

Forgot to post my team this week sorry everybody. Been at the hospital with my partner all weekend. Had time but completely forgot about it. Will get on today at some stage and see if i can help with the running of the comp?

Nige

The admin role isn't easy, I know that from first hand experience.

If someone does volunteer to take over from Rids, I just hope they genuinely have the time, effort and energy to properly put in. You really need to have the dedication and desire to be admin and deal with everything that comes with it (running the comp, dealing with people and everything in between). In essence, it's a full time role without technically being 'full time' (since we all have lives outside of the forum). So yeah, I implore whoever takes over, if anyone, to actually commit because god knows this comp needs it.

Football Factory

Not sure if i could run it, not a big fan of having to update stuff on 2 sites and having a different scoring format.

Peter

Manila Folders still going alright considering I don’t have a ruck and going in one short every week.

Rids

I 100% agree with Nige. To run this comp it requires someone with enough time on top of the required dedication to do so. There is plenty wrong currently so it will take a lot of effort to get the comp functioning as it should. Having said that, there is also a lot of reward in having a comp that is enjoyable. I wasn't prepared for the comp to finish the way it was heading in the off-season which is why I volunteered to at least have something for this year. At least if the comp doesn't go ahead in 2020 it would have finished on the right ending. A Premier that ends the comp instead of an off season that had stalled and then killed the comp off.

As much as I would love to continue running the comp moving forward, I just do not have the time between a young family and a very hectic workplace.

Football Factory

Might have to look at adopting one of AF or SC as the scoring platform and having a re draft  :-X

I can help run the comp but i don't have the time to do it all the time. I wouldn't want to be farting around on Ultimate footy to update scores etc as well as FanFooty.

Nige

Changing the scoring system and redrafting destroys the essence of AXVs. And if we do that, it becomes a second rate (in literally every way) WXVs or EXVs which defeats the purpose of the comp existing, it’s the point of difference in the scoring system that brings people in. Most coaches are already in or were in another comp with the SC or DT system so I can’t imagine anyone wanting a duplicate.

And as Rids and I have both said, if someone doesn’t have the time, energy and effort to commit fully to the admin work, don’t take on the role.

Football Factory

Quote from: Nige on July 22, 2019, 03:19:54 PM
Changing the scoring system and redrafting destroys the essence of AXVs. And if we do that, it becomes a second rate (in literally every way) WXVs or EXVs which defeats the purpose of the comp existing, it’s the point of difference in the scoring system that brings people in. Most coaches are already in or were in another comp with the SC or DT system so I can’t imagine anyone wanting a duplicate.

And as Rids and I have both said, if someone doesn’t have the time, energy and effort to commit fully to the admin work, don’t take on the role.

Fair enough, not fussed really, whatever the majority wants to do ill go along with  :)

fanTCfool

I just drafted Tom Mitchell to save my team, I hope the competition doesn't shut its doors without him playing a game  :'(

Football Factory

Quote from: fanTCfool on July 25, 2019, 01:14:09 AM
I just drafted Tom Mitchell to save my team, I hope the competition doesn't shut its doors without him playing a game  :'(

Have you considered running the comp  :)

fanTCfool

Quote from: Football Factory on July 25, 2019, 05:38:44 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on July 25, 2019, 01:14:09 AM

Have you considered running the comp  :)

I am already admin of another competition, I don't have the time to be running two.