AXVs: Official Drafts

Started by Colliwobblers, August 13, 2012, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monstrum

i hate to say it coz cw put in so much work but i basically never read the rules to anything and this rule i knew so i don't get why no one else does  :-\

Jroo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 25, 2012, 06:24:55 PM
going to be very hard to change this rule now. I can change it for future seasons but I am skeptical about changing it now during the draft.

mainy due to tbag having already passed and picks proceeding past him.

The rules were clearly written, PM'd to all coaches as well as posted long in advance with links sent to all coaches multiple times to check and ENSURE they were all happy with these rules.

Every coach was aware of every rule and every coach replied to me that there was nothing they were not happy with.

I see the issue with this system but fail to see how to remedy it at this point.

I will listen to ideas but apart from letting tbags pass go and preventing anyone else from passing or making anyone else who passes take their compensation later in the rookie/psd

OR winding back the draft to tbags pick and changing the rues outright.
Don't think we can do anything about it, it's happend and was in the rules, but in future seasons we should look to change this.
I was looking to this myself but Tbag done it before me  >:(   ::)

nostradamus

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 25, 2012, 06:24:55 PM
going to be very hard to change this rule now. I can change it for future seasons but I am skeptical about changing it now during the draft.

mainy due to tbag having already passed and picks proceeding past him.

The rules were clearly written, PM'd to all coaches as well as posted long in advance with links sent to all coaches multiple times to check and ENSURE they were all happy with these rules.

Every coach was aware of every rule and every coach replied to me that there was nothing they were not happy with.

I see the issue with this system but fail to see how to remedy it at this point.

I will listen to ideas but apart from letting tbags pass go and preventing anyone else from passing or making anyone else who passes take their compensation later in the rookie/psd

OR winding back the draft to tbags pick and changing the rues outright.

maybe let tbags #1 pick stand (good luck to him for using the "loophole").....but make it that any subsequent passes are compensated with the same number pick in the rookie draft

l dont think its really feasible to rewind the draft......as there will be foreknowledge of peoples draft intentions

Holz

I have pmed colli a solution. Which should work. I'm not sure about others but I would vote to change this rule if not for this year but intthe future. If it is this year we have a solution

Colliwobblers

i am working out a solution to this issue. Should have a favorable outcome for all tonight.

Drafting is suspended until I advise. Apologies for the inconvenience.

monstrum

let it ride, loopholes are awesome :D

Jay

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 25, 2012, 06:38:18 PM
i am working out a solution to this issue. Should have a favorable outcome for all tonight.

Drafting is suspended until I advise. Apologies for the inconvenience.
no worries Colli. Had no idea who I was picking anyway :P

Justin Bieber

I don't like the fact that other coaches have even come out and said that I would of used the 'loophole', I assumed the rule was the same and the obvious rule in being nat passing is equal to rookie picks. I know JB thought that was the case nad Holz obviously...

Me having and keeping rookie one was by choice. I had a feeling one of the big name draftees who didn't get initially drafted would be avaialbe hence keeping my rookie pick for this occasion. If I knew about this rule then I should of just traded it away for better things...

And on the case in getting Rookie Pick 1 and Nat pick 1 may an advantage for myself, but everyone voted for it with the rules I think so blame yourselfs...

monstrum

@ whatlez: It's **yourselves mate... learn to spell  ;D

tor01doc

Another rule could be to penalise dummy spitting.   ;)

Rules is rules but it looks like our beloved lease is reconsidering the rules that all if YOU - not you JRoo - appear to have agreed to.

Love some controversy - keep it up fellas.

PS Adelaide is quite nice - Jetty Road in Seacliffs for lunch today was buzzing.

tor01doc

Quote from: monstrum on November 25, 2012, 07:16:51 PM
@ whatlez: It's **yourselves mate... learn to spell  ;D

Don't start on the spelling and grammar now mons pubis - or are you just baiting young whatlez?

monstrum

lol that part of a woman happens to be up high on my list so i don't mind that....   ::)

tbagrocks

Quote from: tor01doc on November 25, 2012, 07:17:22 PM
Another rule could be to penalise dummy spitting.   ;)

Rules is rules but it looks like our beloved lease is reconsidering the rules that all if YOU - not you JRoo - appear to have agreed to.

Love some controversy - keep it up fellas.

PS Adelaide is quite nice - Jetty Road in Seacliffs for lunch today was buzzing.
Jetty Road is in Brighton ;) really nice spot for dining and or coffee

Jay

Ya get to the cricket at all Doc? That's what I would advise if I was in Adelaide for a few days during a test

spewing I havent been able to get to a day

monstrum

Doc (Doc it is) i said "let it ride loopholes are awesome" how could i agree more ? lol  :P