AXVs: Official Drafts

Started by Colliwobblers, August 13, 2012, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: KoopKicka on November 25, 2012, 02:42:13 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on November 25, 2012, 02:27:50 PM
Quote from: whatlez on November 25, 2012, 12:40:23 PM
I really thought if you had the first pick you can't use some flowering shower loophole to get through it.

Well I have lost respect for the Asian rules now. Prefer the Euros rules much over this shower stuff.
You've had enough advantages, the first coach to have two players, pick 16/17, then the forst Draft pick followed by the 17, now it's all fair, stop complaining

Gotta agree with tbag hre, in other rules even the NAt draft was snaked in its first year, here its not, so IMO whatlez had an unfair advantage already, a rookie pick isnt gonna make a difference, stop complaining like a spoiled brat.

I agree with you to some point. We shouldn't have had rookie 1. However I'm still opposed to the rule not just for this year but for the future. In the future if you really want a guy in the rookie you should have the safety of trading for pick 1 and really late picks should not go ahead of rookie 1.

What this is saying is nat 70 is worth more than rookie 1. I have no clue why this is the case. The rookie is already weak enough this rule just makes having picks in it worthless. I'm happy with it staying this year but next year when rookie 1 goes to the spoon winner it should be changed so there rookie 1 actually has some value.

Colliwobblers

My thoughs is to offer the skipped nat picks at the end of round one of rookie draft.

but up to the general consensus.

I will put 3 options to the vote as it is not too late to change it.

1. as it is.
2. compensation at same rookie number ie 33nat skip = 33 rook
3. as it is now but at the end of the first round of rookie picks the compo picks start.

pm will go out tonight.

Holz

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 25, 2012, 03:57:28 PM
My thoughs is to offer the skipped nat picks at the end of round one of rookie draft.

but up to the general consensus.

I will put 3 options to the vote as it is not too late to change it.

1. as it is.
2. compensation at same rookie number ie 33nat skip = 33 rook
3. as it is now but at the end of the first round of rookie picks the compo picks start.

pm will go out tonight.

Hey colli is this voting for this year or for future years. If its this year I don't see it passing as people won't want to see lez get pick 1. So if it is this year also I think there should be voting for this year and for next year. As some may be opposed to it this year but not in the future.

I'm strongly in favour of 2 for next year onwards. I would prefer 2 this year but I'm not overly fussed

Adamant

Sorry guys, had a cricket game...will pick in 10.

nostradamus

Quote from: Adamant on November 25, 2012, 04:06:08 PM
Sorry guys, had a cricket game...will pick in 10.

all good mate.....just dont pick my smokie :P

Nails

If we're going to have a vote and (not sure about this) potentially take tbag's #1 rookie pick off him...

Should we pause/temporarily stop the draft?

nostradamus

Quote from: Nails on November 25, 2012, 04:18:37 PM
If we're going to have a vote and (not sure about this) potentially take tbag's #1 rookie pick off him...

nup.....it wont change things anyway

Holz

Quote from: nostradamus on November 25, 2012, 04:21:04 PM
Quote from: Nails on November 25, 2012, 04:18:37 PM

nup.....it wont change things anyway

Why wouldn't it change things? If the rule is changed I don't think tag will skip his pick.

picker_man

I have a 2nd period trade agreement with Jay he's getting nat36, you guys mind waiting till he's on to take the pick :-\ i have no idea who he'd want.

tor01doc

Why the sudden desire to have rookie picks?

If they are so highly valued, why were they traded away?

Why did only tbag think to pass?

Just asking because I think cw had set the rules out long before all this has happened.

Jay

Quote from: picker_man on November 25, 2012, 04:39:38 PM
I have a 2nd period trade agreement with Jay he's getting nat36, you guys mind waiting till he's on to take the pick :-\ i have no idea who he'd want.
just waiting for a PM back from Colli, then I will let you know

tbagrocks

Quote from: tor01doc on November 25, 2012, 04:54:48 PM
Why the sudden desire to have rookie picks?

If they are so highly valued, why were they traded away?

Why did only tbag think to pass?

Just asking because I think cw had set the rules out long before all this has happened.
Yep exactelly, the rules were there from the beggining, I didn't think it would cause such contraversy. but if the rule is changed then what happens to my pick 33 as I would have picked a player over skipping, only my careful planning has got me here and why should I be the one to pay the price for great tactics?

Noz

If we are going by real life we shouldn't even have an order for the PSD and go by the AFL rules.

The only way to get a PSD selection is to pass on one of your picks in the National Draft.

Jay

Dont think anyone is blaming you Tbag, you showed impressive initiative to rake advantage of the rule. But if put to a vote, I doubt the rule would have even been given the opportunity

Colliwobblers

going to be very hard to change this rule now. I can change it for future seasons but I am skeptical about changing it now during the draft.

mainy due to tbag having already passed and picks proceeding past him.

The rules were clearly written, PM'd to all coaches as well as posted long in advance with links sent to all coaches multiple times to check and ENSURE they were all happy with these rules.

Every coach was aware of every rule and every coach replied to me that there was nothing they were not happy with.

I see the issue with this system but fail to see how to remedy it at this point.

I will listen to ideas but apart from letting tbags pass go and preventing anyone else from passing or making anyone else who passes take their compensation later in the rookie/psd

OR winding back the draft to tbags pick and changing the rues outright.