AXVs: Official Drafts

Started by Colliwobblers, August 13, 2012, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

TWO THINGS:

1. Skipping - you can skip a coach/team automatically if they are in breach of the time limit rules - just post the evidence and move on.

( glad Nails didn't get skipped - it's never nice to see :) )

2. Passing in the National draft.  If you pass you get that pick at the start of the rookie draft. If multiple teams pass, the picks are in order of where the skipped national draft pick was.

EXAMPLE:

nat 33. pass = rookie pick # 1
nat 42. pass = rookie pick # 2
nat 53. pass = rookie pick # 3

and so on.

It may be a loophole that gets exploited to get early rookie picks which may be unfortunate, however the rule was clear before we started.

link:  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66557.msg862266.html#msg862266

tbag is a wiley customer :)

I foresee almost a full round of passed picks in the national going to the front of the rookie draft... maybe more.

Colliwobblers

tbagrocks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 25, 2012, 10:11:19 AM
did you pm adamant?
Yep!

And I hope my original Rookie 5 doesnt drift to far :-[

nostradamus

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 25, 2012, 12:15:58 PM
did you pm adamant?
Yep!

l think you've started something now tbag, so l reckon it might mate

tbagrocks

Quote from: nostradamus on November 25, 2012, 12:28:04 PM
did you pm adamant?
Yep!

Yeah probably, oops my bad ::) well no guessing on who I'm after :P

Jroo

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 25, 2012, 12:36:09 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on November 25, 2012, 12:28:04 PM
did you pm adamant?
Yep!

Yeah probably, oops my bad ::) well no guessing on who I'm after :P
>:(

Justin Bieber

Soo I look at my August 19th rules email and no voting on our opinion on such a controversial rule.

This rule surely needed to see the coaches opinion and to be clarified to all. I may be complaining since I and rookie pick one, but this is just unfair that I may be getting like pick 10 due to tbag not getting of his boys drafted etc.

nostradamus

Quote from: whatlez on November 25, 2012, 12:50:06 PM
Soo I look at my August 19th rules email and no voting on our opinion on such a controversial rule.

This rule surely needed to see the coaches opinion and to be clarified to all. I may be complaining since I and rookie pick one, but this is just unfair that I may be getting like pick 10 due to tbag not getting of his boys drafted etc.

lt is an obvious flaw in the system Lez, but we cant really shut the gate after the horse has bolted. lf had been raised as a concern with Colli earlier l'm sure he would have put it to the vote ......and more than likely have been changed.

but good luck to Tbag for being smart (sneaky) enough to work it to his advantage  ;)

Holz

Can't believe I missed that rule. Looks like rookie picks are worthless in this comp. To be honest I skipped over the rule when reading it because I didn't expect it to be so different to the other conps. While it essentially means people with picks in the rookie get shafted. I'm not sure how skipping say pick 60 in the nat should get you ahead of pick 1 on the rookie

Really what's the point of having any rookie picks to start with if something as terrible as nat 60 can get a pick ahead of you.

In all the other comps if you skip nat 33 than you get took 34.

I'm really opposed to the rule but if it is a rule I guess we need to stick to it. Even if it is completely silly.

Nails

I was aware of the rule and was planning to use it...

It was mentioned quite a bit in Asians talks IIRC...

I was planning to do it but 'cause of my internet flowering up and everything I forgot to pass.

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on November 25, 2012, 12:40:23 PM
I really thought if you had the first pick you can't use some flowering shower loophole to get through it.

Well I have lost respect for the Asian rules now. Prefer the Euros rules much over this shower stuff.
You've had enough advantages, the first coach to have two players, pick 16/17, then the forst Draft pick followed by the 17, now it's all fair, stop complaining

KoopKicka

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 25, 2012, 02:27:50 PM
I really thought if you had the first pick you can't use some flowering shower loophole to get through it.

Well I have lost respect for the Asian rules now. Prefer the Euros rules much over this shower stuff.
You've had enough advantages, the first coach to have two players, pick 16/17, then the forst Draft pick followed by the 17, now it's all fair, stop complaining

Gotta agree with tbag hre, in other comps even the NAT draft was snaked in its first year, here its not, so IMO whatlez had an unfair advantage already, a rookie pick isnt gonna make a difference, stop complaining like a spoiled brat.

monstrum

nostradamus

Quote from: KoopKicka on November 25, 2012, 02:42:13 PM

Gotta agree with tbag hre, in other rules even the NAt draft was snaked in its first year, here its not, so IMO whatlez had an unfair advantage already, a rookie pick isnt gonna make a difference, stop complaining like a spoiled brat.

ouch !!

Jay

Quote from: KoopKicka on November 25, 2012, 02:42:13 PM

Gotta agree with tbag hre, in other rules even the NAt draft was snaked in its first year, here its not, so IMO whatlez had an unfair advantage already, a rookie pick isnt gonna make a difference, stop complaining like a spoiled brat.
1 rookie pick can make a difference - tbag now pretty much has one of the best fantasy backs that came through this draft and all he gave up was a youngster unlikely to get games.

Cant blame tbag at all, great thinking mate.