AXVs: Official Drafts

Started by Colliwobblers, August 13, 2012, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Jay

Quote from: Adamant on September 16, 2012, 09:04:59 PM
for flower sakes its Maca!
ding ding ding!!! We have a winner :D congrats Adamant. Your prize is to wait aimlessly for him to pick

Adamant

Quote from: Jayman on September 16, 2012, 09:07:09 PM
ding ding ding!!! We have a winner :D congrats Adamant. Your prize is to wait aimlessly for him to pick
hahah, how depressing...

BB67th

Quote from: Adamant on September 16, 2012, 09:08:07 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 16, 2012, 09:07:09 PM
hahah, how depressing...
How do you think I feel? I pick right after him and I'm always waiting.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: picker_man on September 16, 2012, 08:29:52 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 16, 2012, 08:02:49 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 16, 2012, 07:44:42 PM
Would you reject a Dal Santo for Broadbent trade?  ::)   :P

no comment....

But on the issue of trades being approved or rejected it will be based on the following plus other smaller considerations.

1. The balance- worth of both players ( NOW )
2. The balance - potential worth of players ( mid to long term )
3. Age of players being traded, a 30 year old proven gun is worth less than a 24 year old proven gun.
4. Player positions and therefore scoring potential.
5. Team needs - both ways, a defender has more value than the players worth alone to a team that has a poor defense.
6. Unfair advantage - even if a team is desperate for a defender they will not get one in exchange for e.g Pendles where the team receiving pendles gains a massive probably scoring capability over not only the trading team but other teams in the competition.

So even if you have a team with a poor defense i won't approve you trading an elite midfielder for a good defender, i may however allow the trade for a premium defender, even tho the mid will outscore the defender by 20-30ppg, the team needs and fact we are talking two premiums makes the trade acceptable.

In the case of trading for draft picks, it gets more complicated, a young gun is both priceless and worthless. Trading an old player for a high draft pick is one example of where it might happen as well as using draft picks to balance a player trade out.

DRAFT PICKS TRADED DO NOT COUNT AS LIST MOVEMENTS. (where it is a draft pick for a draft pick)

But if you trade a player for a draft pick THAT DOES COUNT as it changes your list.

Every case will be judged independently and thoroughly and as I said a detailed report on the trade decision will be provided ( no more than 24 hours after the trade is PM to me by BOTH parties).

Quote8 next yr seems rediculouse ::) so im all about getting the best players in, if i have to offer 3-4 guys to get that one player in it means i can do two trades...... really think this rule is stupid!!! should be looked at with all the guys so keen on here highly doubt anyone would ruin there team completely changing it if more trades were allowed. Have a look at Euro's 2 coaches left and made one trade before they did, If you want more action and it to be more exciting during trade periods this is one rule that will completely ruin the fun of of that

This is fair enough Pickers but there was a vote and i think the result was conclusive - I will check.

Take Whatlez and several other coaches in British, ZERO trades, why would they want you having unlimited trades when thye use none?

What is important is to have the competition perform and feel realistic, like you are running an AFL list and team, not just playing dream team and scoring points.

How many trades does the average AFL club make per season? 4 - 8 - more?  Probably less I think.

well maybe have a look at coaches who are seriouse about trading and dont just play games probaly why names you mentioned havent made any.....

so have a look at the team mailman left me in euro's and have a look at in now (t.cotchin + j.selwood + j.redden + b. stanton + n.foley + b.whitecross is my midfield, i started with one of them guys).... you will be surprised how ppl trade if there seriouse trust me ;)

How is anyone who comes along meant to get excited about there team if they can do anything with it, what you have as 8 as a rule (something you've put in as i never voted on that!) means we cant do anything with our teams in the future, were all going to be fielding the same teams yr in yr out, what if you wanna change tactics and go for a younger team it will take your 3-4 years to get to that as you cant trade much. Really you think you need to think you about this or trade period will be so boring , and might aswell have no trade period if you cant do much ::)

1. The option on trade limits was in the poll you voted on, I DID NOT ADD IT IN - I can PM or post your PM to me with your votes if you like? The Rules setup and discussion thread with  the finalized list of options to vote on is still there for all to see.

2. You HAVE TO do something with your list every season in Asians, You must draft 10 layers per season, 5 to your senior list and 5 to your rookie list. You can choose to pass and keep your existing list or you can draft and then have to de-list players to fir in the new players.

So your list will change every season before you make any of those 8 list movements.

Again what you have just shown us with your Euro team is something so far removed from reality in the AFL that it makes my point for me. No AFL team ever has or will in one season be able to trade in an ELITE MIDFIELDER FROM 5 OTHER TEAMS>

I guess there is always the Euro's if you want to play a trading based game that bears no resemblance to AFL list management in the real world.

And if you want to have to manage your list and draft players to keep and develop as you prepare to delist your older players or spuds, meanwhile making the occasional trade that presents itself and benefits your team. LIKE THE REAL AFL.

Then you have the Asians :)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Noz on September 16, 2012, 09:03:21 PM

AXV Golden Spud award make it happen  :D

What shall the award be for the worst player in the AFL on an Asian's list, if it is for drafting Maca already won it so hand it over!

WHEN WAS THE PICK BEFORE MACA24'S LAST PICK (NOT THIS ONE) TAKEN (TIME DATE)?

If Maca24 has not been on line for 24 hours since that pick, especially if he was on line and did not pick then I will have to look into it further.

This draft is not any of our complete lives, nor is it supposed to be anyones lives.

But there are minimum standards, and failing to abide by them without good reason, is an insult to all other coaches and an inconvenience to all other coaches.

Frequent breaking of the rules must have consequences.

BB67th

Well last pick he was skipped cos of the 2 hour rule and that was this morning.

picker_man

Quote from: whatlez on September 16, 2012, 08:58:49 PM
How you hae traded in Euros pickers is stupid and unrealistic. This game is meant to be set up cause AFL has disbanded in Australia and us coaches have moved around the world to play.

However, like me, we didn't draft the team, so we trade a lot to fix up our Team to get looking how we want it.

I think a small amount of list changes for the first year of the comp is great. Why draft a team then trade it all away? If we are serious the trading should be even less, cause in the AFL there is no trading after the rookie draft and the setup of this game should do that very same thing.

lol just cause your now crying like a little girl as you got hammered in all your trades aint my problem lez, get over it your shower at trading and if you dont want to then dont ::)

BB67th

Guys there is a reason that we voted on these rules already. They should stay at what we voted them as.

picker_man

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 16, 2012, 09:11:52 PM
Quote from: picker_man on September 16, 2012, 08:29:52 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 16, 2012, 08:02:49 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 16, 2012, 07:44:42 PM
Would you reject a Dal Santo for Broadbent trade?  ::)   :P

no comment....

But on the issue of trades being approved or rejected it will be based on the following plus other smaller considerations.

1. The balance- worth of both players ( NOW )
2. The balance - potential worth of players ( mid to long term )
3. Age of players being traded, a 30 year old proven gun is worth less than a 24 year old proven gun.
4. Player positions and therefore scoring potential.
5. Team needs - both ways, a defender has more value than the players worth alone to a team that has a poor defense.
6. Unfair advantage - even if a team is desperate for a defender they will not get one in exchange for e.g Pendles where the team receiving pendles gains a massive probably scoring capability over not only the trading team but other teams in the competition.

So even if you have a team with a poor defense i won't approve you trading an elite midfielder for a good defender, i may however allow the trade for a premium defender, even tho the mid will outscore the defender by 20-30ppg, the team needs and fact we are talking two premiums makes the trade acceptable.

In the case of trading for draft picks, it gets more complicated, a young gun is both priceless and worthless. Trading an old player for a high draft pick is one example of where it might happen as well as using draft picks to balance a player trade out.

DRAFT PICKS TRADED DO NOT COUNT AS LIST MOVEMENTS. (where it is a draft pick for a draft pick)

But if you trade a player for a draft pick THAT DOES COUNT as it changes your list.

Every case will be judged independently and thoroughly and as I said a detailed report on the trade decision will be provided ( no more than 24 hours after the trade is PM to me by BOTH parties).

Quote8 next yr seems rediculouse ::) so im all about getting the best players in, if i have to offer 3-4 guys to get that one player in it means i can do two trades...... really think this rule is stupid!!! should be looked at with all the guys so keen on here highly doubt anyone would ruin there team completely changing it if more trades were allowed. Have a look at Euro's 2 coaches left and made one trade before they did, If you want more action and it to be more exciting during trade periods this is one rule that will completely ruin the fun of of that

This is fair enough Pickers but there was a vote and i think the result was conclusive - I will check.

Take Whatlez and several other coaches in British, ZERO trades, why would they want you having unlimited trades when thye use none?

What is important is to have the competition perform and feel realistic, like you are running an AFL list and team, not just playing dream team and scoring points.

How many trades does the average AFL club make per season? 4 - 8 - more?  Probably less I think.

well maybe have a look at coaches who are seriouse about trading and dont just play games probaly why names you mentioned havent made any.....

so have a look at the team mailman left me in euro's and have a look at in now (t.cotchin + j.selwood + j.redden + b. stanton + n.foley + b.whitecross is my midfield, i started with one of them guys).... you will be surprised how ppl trade if there seriouse trust me ;)

How is anyone who comes along meant to get excited about there team if they can do anything with it, what you have as 8 as a rule (something you've put in as i never voted on that!) means we cant do anything with our teams in the future, were all going to be fielding the same teams yr in yr out, what if you wanna change tactics and go for a younger team it will take your 3-4 years to get to that as you cant trade much. Really you think you need to think you about this or trade period will be so boring , and might aswell have no trade period if you cant do much ::)

1. The option on trade limits was in the poll you voted on, I DID NOT ADD IT IN - I can PM or post your PM to me with your votes if you like? The Rules setup and discussion thread with  the finalized list of options to vote on is still there for all to see.

2. You HAVE TO do something with your list every season in Asians, You must draft 10 layers per season, 5 to your senior list and 5 to your rookie list. You can choose to pass and keep your existing list or you can draft and then have to de-list players to fir in the new players.

So your list will change every season before you make any of those 8 list movements.

Again what you have just shown us with your Euro team is something so far removed from reality in the AFL that it makes my point for me. No AFL team ever has or will in one season be able to trade in an ELITE MIDFIELDER FROM 5 OTHER TEAMS>

I guess there is always the Euro's if you want to play a trading based game that bears no resemblance to AFL list management in the real world.

And if you want to have to manage your list and draft players to keep and develop as you prepare to delist your older players or spuds, meanwhile making the occasional trade that presents itself and benefits your team. LIKE THE REAL AFL.

Then you have the Asians :)

sounds like fun during asains draft time then ::) when we get to next yr's trading you will get more complaints ;)

Justin Bieber

Stop sooking pickers, the game was setup to be similar like the AFL not to trade your whole team away.

picker_man

Quote from: whatlez on September 16, 2012, 09:26:16 PM
Stop sooking pickers, the game was setup to be similar like the AFL not to trade your whole team away.

lolol have a look at yourself in the euro's now thats sooking!!! ::) im just putting my point across and if it isnt lisnted to thats cool, i'll just remind pplz next yr when they all complain, cause its all good and well now :)

Justin Bieber

Why wasn't this brought up initially though?

Colliwobblers

JUST TO MAKE 3 THINGS CLEAR FOR YOU.

1. HERE IS AN EXCERPT FROM THE ORIGINAL LIST WE ALL VOTED ON THE QUESTION AND THE RESULTS.

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 20, 2012, 02:19:46 PM
POINTS TO BE VOTED UPON PRE- FINALISATION OF THE RULES

1. TRADE WINDOWS. (Pre - 2013 Season)

A) 2 TRADE WINDOWS.  2 weeks immediantly following the Initial Draft + 2 weeks immediantly following the Rookie/preseason draft (after all drafting is complete ahead of season 2013).

B) 1 TRADE WINDOW.  2 weeks immediantly following the Rookie/preseason draft ( after all drafts are completed ahead of the 2013 season).

C) NO TRADING WINDOWS. There will be no trading until AFTER the 2013 season.

2. LIST MOVEMENTS TRADING (Pre - 2013 Season) Regardless of Trade Windows - total list movements allowed

A) 4
B) 6
C) 8
D) 10

7. ALL FUTURE SEASON TRADE LIMITS

* See above rules thread, there will be 2 trade windows every calander year each 2 weeks in duration. This is FINAL.

One will be after the AFL preseason&rookie drafts and before the AFL season begins. PRE SEASON TRADE WINDOW and will be set by administrator based on popular demand each season.

One will be after the AFL season and before the AFL national draft. POST SESAON TRADE WINDOW and will be set by administrator by popular demand each season.

* Note: any number of draft pick changes can be involved in trading this is to set a limit on how many changes to your list can occur through trading.

Q. How many list movements are to be allowed each YEAR combined (total movements allowed over the two trade windows)?

A) 4
B) 6
C) 8
D) 10

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 20, 2012, 02:18:58 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE VOTE COUNT

1. A= 8   B= 6   C= 1   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (A)
2. A= 7   B= 3   C= 2   D= 2 DECIDED BY MAJORITY (A)
3. A= 3   B= 3   C= 7   D= 1   E= 0   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (C)
4. A= 7   B= 8   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (B)
5. A= 3   B= 6   C= 2   D= 3   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (B)
6. A= 3   B= 11   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (B)
7. A= 2   B= 4   C= 5   D= 3   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (C)
8. A= 8   B= 6   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (A)
9. A= 8   B= 2   C= 5   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (A)
10. A= 5   B= 8   C= 1   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (B)
11. A= 1   B= 8   C= 6   DECIDED BY MAJORITY (B)

TEAMS VOTED: 14 / 16

Pickerman
Whatlez
Jayman
BB67TH
Maca24
Tbagrocks
KoopKicka
Spinking
JBsHawks
Nostradamus
EZA100
Adamant
Noz
Monstrom
Nails/PB - only voted on options they could change the outcome on.

Colliwobblers - did not vote - would have voted with the majority, thus changed no results.

Reason for this is for example if I voted on an option that was A =7  and B = 8 , and voted A, making it a tie, then it is up to me to decide which option we take, and if I chose A it would be my vote counting twice. Unfair, so for this reason I voted with the majority meaning I did not need to vote at all, as before my vote ALL options were NOT tied.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. WHEREVER A MAJORITY (9 OR MORE) TEAM OWNERS CHOOSE TO CHANGE A RULE IT WILL BE CHANGED WITHIN REASON. ( IT CANNOT BE STUPID, DETRIMENTAL TO THE COMPETITION OF DISADVANTAGE THE MINORITY GREATLY).

3. SO 7 out of the 14 teams required to vote on the options chose the 4 limit for this season, and for future seasons the voting was much closer with the winner bing 8 , AND still the option of 6, had more votes than the option of 10.

This said you can campaign to have the limit increased at any time in the future and if it wins majority support this MIGHT happen.

Still I personally fail to see how this competition would have ANY credibility as an AFL TEAM MANAGER "sim". if you have unlimited trades, making the AFL teams in this competition behave NOTHING like ANY real AFL team?

Which is my concern as the Administrator, trust me Pickers I would LOVE to give you what you want, but we must ask ourselves if we want to run an AFL like list competition, or something COMPLETELY different....?

The Asians was always going to be different with the set up - KEY reasons are the AFL REALITY ASPECTS.

1. List Management.
2. Senior and Rookie Lists.
3. Capped squads (on both lists).
4. Capped trades.

I am quite attached to the idea of running this competition to simulate as much as possible "Owning and AFL team".

But as I have proven with the voting, I am also attached to the idea of giving all coaches a LARGE input and leaving the door open to the "possibility" of tweaks and rule changes in the future.

Jay

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 16, 2012, 09:17:37 PM
Quote from: Noz on September 16, 2012, 09:03:21 PM

AXV Golden Spud award make it happen  :D
WHEN WAS THE PICK BEFORE MACA24'S LAST PICK (NOT THIS ONE) TAKEN (TIME DATE)?

If Maca24 has not been on line for 24 hours since that pick, especially if he was on line and did not pick then I will have to look into it further.

This draft is not any of our complete lives, nor is it supposed to be anyones lives.

But there are minimum standards, and failing to abide by them without good reason, is an insult to all other coaches and an inconvenience to all other coaches.

Frequent breaking of the rules must have consequences.
The pick before Maca24's last pick (BB67th in Round 22) was taken Yesterday at 10:18pm

Maca has been online since that pick (8:50am this morning).

One has to assume he knew it was his pick as BB PM'd Maca before Maca came online this morning!

*all times are ACST

Detective Jayman out