AXVs: Official Drafts

Started by Colliwobblers, August 13, 2012, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heppell21

tbagrocks

once again the next three logged off shortly before their picks ::)

tbagrocks

blue

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 14, 2012, 07:40:39 PM
Quote from: Noz on September 14, 2012, 07:37:07 PM
Quote from: monstrum on September 14, 2012, 04:49:38 PM
Quote from: Noz on September 14, 2012, 04:07:01 PM
Bit of a risky pick could get back to his 2010 form finding a new leash under Malthouse and be a steal this late prepared to take the risk

Jordan Russell

lol a new leash?
Haha yeah

Was a good pick, he won't be at Carlton next season which is why he is a good pick, was my next if not steven morris.

Carlton have agreed to part ways with Russell and he will try his hand in free agency is the word on him.

yes good luck with that. true he wont be at the blues next year, word is he will be playing for norwood

c4v3m4n

Quote from: blue on September 15, 2012, 01:49:45 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 14, 2012, 07:40:39 PM
Quote from: Noz on September 14, 2012, 07:37:07 PM
Quote from: monstrum on September 14, 2012, 04:49:38 PM
Quote from: Noz on September 14, 2012, 04:07:01 PM
Bit of a risky pick could get back to his 2010 form finding a new leash under Malthouse and be a steal this late prepared to take the risk

Jordan Russell

lol a new leash?
Haha yeah

Was a good pick, he won't be at Carlton next season which is why he is a good pick, was my next if not steven morris.

Carlton have agreed to part ways with Russell and he will try his hand in free agency is the word on him.

yes good luck with that. true he wont be at the blues next year, word is he will be playing for norwood

Although I don't agree with blue, it does raise an interesting query. What would happen should Russell not play AFL next year? What compensation would Noz receive?

tbagrocks

from the AXV: Home (rule book)

COMPENSATION PICKS:

In the event a player drafted in the "INITIAL DRAFT", is delisted prior to the first (2013) season, you will recieve a compensation pick for that player.

This player can be chosen from ALL undrafted players from the "INITIAL DRAFT" or "NATIONAL DRAFT".

This pick will be available to you immediantly following the release of 2013 lists by the AFL clubs. AND following the completion of all 3 of the above drafts.

Noz

Hmm that is a interesting query Blue hopefully that isn't the case will be 26 at the start of next season so he still has talent hopefully AFL clubs will recognize this and take a punt on him.

I never really gave the rules a lot of look through sorta just scanned them and agreed maybe i might bring this up with Colli but if a player is delisted in the first AFL cut backs should that team receive a replacement pick as soon as possible he then gets the choice to replace him with a previously un selected AFL Player or wait until the AFL National Draft comes around and get a compensation pick judging by their 2012 average
Say if the person averages
100+ = Taken immediately after your first pick
90-99 = End of Round 1 pick
80-99 = End of Round 2 pick
70-79 = End of Round 3 pick
60-69 = End of Round 4 pick
59-0  = End of Round 5 pick

After the 2nd AFL list cut backs the same rules will apply for the Rookie draft

Thoughts?

tbagrocks

if a player is delisted he is still every chance to be picked up by another team in the up coming drafts, so you could keep the player if you think he might get another go ??? like a player who doesn't re-sign with his current team, like caddy? will still be picked up? or say if Criss Knights is delisted?

Noz

I guess thats the risk you would have to take you can choose to delist a person to get another player or keep him hoping he gets delisted but if he doesn't you get a automatically rookie compensation pick which you can upgrade a extra person at the start of next season.

Anyways maybe it's late night craziness

Maca24

Colliwobblers

The rule may seem harsh that the only compensation you receive for a delisted player is a pick after all drafts from what players are left.

BUT

The reason for this is so that late in the initial draft you don't draft Scarlett for example instead of a SPUD that is left late, just to get a compensations pick in the national draft, knowing Scarlett has or will retire.

Just an example. Also makes drafting well important, your knowledge of players and club lists should guide you in who to draft and who not to.

Me I am almost certain Russell will be picked up for 2013 and will be a gun in the future.

BB67th

This guy has played every single game this year and has looked great. He is part of a very strong emerging midfield and should up his scoring considerably over the next couple of years. I will take Jamie MacMillan.

Jay

Colliwobblers

Lists updated

Round 21.

Pick 321. Nails = Chris Newman
Pick 322. KoopKicka = Cruize Gartlett
Pick 323. Colliwobblers = Paul Puopolo
Pick 324. Heppell21 = Ricky Dyson
Pick 325. Maca24 = Cameron wood
Pick 326. BB67TH = Jamie MacMillan
Pick 327. EZA100 =
Pick 328. Noz =
Pick 329. Nostradamus =
Pick 330. Tbagrocks =
Pick 331. Picker_man =
Pick 332. Monstrom =
Pick 333. JBsHawks =
Pick 334. Jayman =
Pick 335. Adamant =
Pick 336. Whatlez =

Justin Bieber

Got home at 3:30 and only just getting up now. I really thought my pick would be close... This is disappointing... :(