Started by Colliwobblers, August 13, 2012, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: Nails on August 23, 2012, 03:13:00 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on August 23, 2012, 03:04:55 PM
Quote from: Nails on August 23, 2012, 01:54:11 PM
Time to start draft:

When PB and I take our first pick  ;D
You and PB as a team is the worst idea in the history of time. It's like having 2 hitlers :P
Surely you don't need to consult with each other for every minor detail?

Careful Maca, we'll start dictating how your team needs to operate :X
Feel free too :P Swap us your draft pick ;)

monstrum

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 23, 2012, 01:44:37 PM
Teams Ready to Draft: (set draft time and date)

Koopkicka
JBsHawks
Tbagrocks
Maca24
Jayman
Colliwobblers

Time to be set when all 16 are confirmed ready. So far times and dates to start vary WIDELY....

wtf, i'm ready...  ::) ...

whatlez would be ready, every knows it's coming up once PB and Nails start off lets just implement the rules and start drafting  :P ..

the quicker the rules r in place the quicker Nails and PB will get skipped on their pick and finally start picking with some sort of consistancy  ;D

Colliwobblers

Koopkicka
JBsHawks
Tbagrocks
Maca24
Jayman
Colliwobblers
Monstrom
Noz
Spinking
Adamant

Time to be set when all 16 are confirmed ready. So far times and dates to start vary WIDELY....

...updated list above - sorry Monstrum - I must have missed your PM :)

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on August 23, 2012, 02:31:36 PM
PB is at school :o
Yeah, i'm at school. ;)

Time to start draft:

You and PB as a team is the worst idea in the history of time. It's like having 2 hitlers :P
Yes we do. :P

Jay

What is the '2 hour rule'? Is it 2 hours of being online? How do you know if someone is online?

Maca24

Quote from: PowerBug on August 23, 2012, 04:47:29 PM
Quote from: Nails on August 23, 2012, 02:31:36 PM
PB is at school :o
Yeah, i'm at school. ;)

Time to start draft:

Yes we do. :P
Curse you both ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Jayman on August 23, 2012, 05:14:34 PM
What is the '2 hour rule'? Is it 2 hours of being online? How do you know if someone is online?

Yeah it is hard to track if they had been online for 2 hours. It's more like someone like Torp was on chat for 5 hours and just sitting their not picking. Just check their profile, last online whatever and go from their. Check recent posts and see their last post from when the latest pick was posted...

I haven't voted yet... and Pickers is unknown so once he gets on then we can't start drafting... :-X  But it's ok :)

nostradamus

You can put me down as ready Colli

......might even risk doing some research soon too :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 23, 2012, 04:17:40 PM

Koopkicka
JBsHawks
Tbagrocks
Maca24
Jayman
Colliwobblers
Monstrom
Noz
Spinking
Adamant
BB67th
nostradamus
Whatlez

3 to go !

PLease give me your thoughts on the below as a "soft" start to the draft once the other 4 confirm...?

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 23, 2012, 02:11:37 PM
Time to start draft:

Time to post here but no time to pm me with your response to my PM ?  :)

At this point I am leaning towards setting the draft start time and date to a date within a week, when all coaches confirm they are ready.

However for the first round ONLY i am considering allowing ALL teams to take their FIRST pick within 7 days of the drafts official start date and time.

Then ONCE you have taken your first pick the draft rules on picking apply.

Thus allowing us to start the draft on a set date and time, and pleasing all coaches as most will have a different preferred day, so allowing 7 days for completion of the first round of picks means every coach can start picking on the day of that week (7 days) that they preferred.

Naturally once you have picked when you come up again for your 2nd pick the 24 hour and 2 hour rule are already in place.

SO BASICALLY THE DRAFT RULES ARE SUSPENDED FOR THE FIRST FULL ROUND OF PICKS AND REPLACED BY THE REQUIREMENT THAT YOU TAKE YOUR FIRST PICK WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE DRAFT START.

(Teams left to pick AFTER a team that has not picked on completion of the 7 day period will not be penalized in any way and will be able to take their 1st picks under the NORMAL DRAFT RULES after the 7 days has expired).

(The team that failed to pick in the 7 day period will pass and be able to take their pick whenever they are online.)

ONCE THE LAST TEAM PICKS THEIR FIRST PICK or THE 7 DAYS EXPIRES, THE NORMAL DRAFT RULES COME INTO EFFECT AND REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR THE ENTIRE DRAFT.

Just a thought, as we have coaches that want to start on basically every different day of the week, and getting 16 to agree on one day is not going to happen.

Jay

Quote from: whatlez on August 23, 2012, 05:42:58 PM

Yeah it is hard to track if they had been online for 2 hours. It's more like someone like Torp was on chat for 5 hours and just sitting their not picking. Just check their profile, last online whatever and go from their. Check recent posts and see their last post from when the latest pick was posted...

I haven't voted yet... and Pickers is unknown so once he gets on then we can't start drafting... :-X  But it's ok :)

when you close your browser, does that log you out?

BB67th

Quote from: Jayman on August 23, 2012, 06:07:58 PM

when you close your browser, does that log you out?
Pretty sure it does.

Justin Bieber

Yes. But you are online for 15 minutes until it says you are offline. If you click on my name it says last activity and it's 5:12pm or whatever.

If I close my browser and wait 15 minutes my icon will go offline, but you can make your icon offline perminately..

Colliwobblers

i don't think we will have the 2 hour rule as a problem, i think it fair and sporting of other coaches to PM the coach who's turn it is  to draft. And if they are unresponsive or not posting anywhere else on the forum then it is probably safe to say they are offline, possible came on to check their pick and possibly were not due when they did, and then went offline.

Any coach who is online but chooses not to pick would be extremely rare?

the 24 hour rule is more important and will be strictly enforced in order to keep the draft moving.

The 2 hour rule will also be enforced but only in extreme cases, such as seeing the player who's turn it is to pick posting elsewhere or on chat, and still after being Pm'ed not picking.

JBs-Hawks

Can we enforce the two hour rule if one co coach is online?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 23, 2012, 06:34:48 PM
Can we enforce the two hour rule if one co coach is online?

Yes - there is no exception to this a coach is a coach, discussion can take place either during the round or in the two hours they have to pick. There is no valid reason for any coach not to pick within 2 hours if online.

there was and is and will be nothing in the rules to make exceptions for teams that choose to have co-coaches.

If I had said I have to wait for my British co-coach to come online and discuss picks in the British i would have 3 plaers in my team by now. :)