Finals team, good enough?

Started by Shaddy94, July 24, 2012, 03:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaddy94

Would you be happy with this team heading into the finals?
Should i hold my 5 trades now, for sideways trades during finals or injuries.

Back: Lids, God, Shaw, Carrot, Broughton, Scotland, Suckling  ( Shaw, Morris)
Mid: Pendles, Swan, Boyd, Selwood, Mitchell, Murphy (Gibson, Treolar)
Ruck: Cox, Jacobs ( Campbell, Redden)
Fwd:  Franklin, chapman, S johnson, Danger, Beams, Goodes, Zorko ( Martin. Hall) 

Cash, $85,000

And BTW how do you cheer or boh someone (if u tell me, auto cheer)

Capper

Your team looks strong especially with Martin as F8/M7.

Regarding cheers and boos, you cant cheer or boo yourself, so there are cheer and boo links under each profile

BillyPil

It's a good team, no doubt. It doesn't look good enough to win the finals of any league that I've seen though.

If you have a couple of trades left, get rid of Broughton for a premium back who is consistent.

Get Swan in the mids, or someone like Watson. You might be ok, but you run the real risk of coming up against someone who has one of those two, and not having them will hurt you.

Spinking

Quote from: BillyPil on July 24, 2012, 04:47:07 AM
It's a good team, no doubt. It doesn't look good enough to win the finals of any league that I've seen though.

If you have a couple of trades left, get rid of Broughton for a premium back who is consistent.

Get Swan in the mids, or someone like Watson. You might be ok, but you run the real risk of coming up against someone who has one of those two, and not having them will hurt you.

He has Swan in the mids...

That is a very strong team, well done!  Broughton and Suckling have looked a bit sub par lately, but you have cover to see how they go in coming weeks.

With that team I would hold all 5 trades for the finals. It will give you a real advantage, as many people will have limited trades remaining. If, for example, Pendles was injured or rested, most folks get stuck having to play a bench like Gibson, but you could do a straight swap to Watson or another premo. Huge advantage and probably woth 50 odd points.

Good luck mate.

PowerBug

I disagree, that is very strong, and with 5 trades it's in a great position. :)

There aren't many consistent backs going around. ;) Broughton >> Grimes looks tempting if Broughton misses another week.

Getting Watson isn't that important, it's nice having some POD's around. :)

Quote from: tabs on July 24, 2012, 03:53:14 AM
Regarding cheers and boos, you cant cheer or boo yourself, so there are cheer and boo links under each profile
On this, you also need to have posted 50 times before you are able to cheer/boo someone, that may be why you are unable to do that yet. :)

Slapper84

Nice team, good cover (especially with Martin for the F/M).

I'd look at moving Broughton on.

BillyPil

Quote from: Spinking on July 24, 2012, 10:22:39 AM

He has Swan in the mids...

That is a very strong team, well done!  Broughton and Suckling have looked a bit sub par lately, but you have cover to see how they go in coming weeks.

With that team I would hold all 5 trades for the finals. It will give you a real advantage, as many people will have limited trades remaining. If, for example, Pendles was injured or rested, most folks get stuck having to play a bench like Gibson, but you could do a straight swap to Watson or another premo. Huge advantage and probably woth 50 odd points.

Good luck mate.

So he does, I completely missed that. In that case, I concur. If you could move Broughton on you would be looking very, very good.

Given Broughts position in Freo's side is by no means secure for the rest of the season, he has to be a priority to trade out.