Main Menu

VS North Melbourne

Started by My Chumps, April 22, 2012, 10:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Thought I'd start off by saying, FANTASTIC WIN BOYS.
North coming off completely outclassing Geelong last week were never going to be an easy team to beat. But we played really, really good football out there and the game never looked in doubt.
Especially when you consider that we were without Goodes and Mumford, it was a ripper victory.
Parker continues his good form and Kennedy must be in with a serious shot at the brownlow going on his current form. Good to see McVeigh played well too as acting captain. Shawy also did a ripper job on Harvey which was vital in the win.
Everitt and Jetta also found form kicking 3 each  :D
Only bad moment to come from the game was Rohan's sickening broken leg... Hurts our chances at top 4 IMO, he was a real livewire upfront.
Bring on Hawthorn next week! Anyone rate us a chance?  ;D

Capper

Rohan's injury to my knowledge is a tib and fib break, which sucks. This means that Harry will stay elevated and gives him maybe some extra games. That's him for the year, but i dont think it hurts us as bad as we think. If Spanger can stay injury free that is a major boost for us.

They did play well today considering Goodes, Smith, LRT and Mummy were missing.

JPK has played well this year, for one reason they arent tagging him like last year. I don't think he got any Brownlow votes today though as i would have said 3 - PArker, 2 - Shaw, 1 - Anthony. Though JPK was in the Swans best 5 today and has scored well in other rounds.

Everitt played well as a forward tagger and Parker had the ball on a string. Shaw was at his frustrating best holding Harvey, keeping him to 14 disposals and having 15 himself.

Armstrong looked underdone but looked ok and was better for the run. Goodes and Mummy back this week for the Hawks, maybe Smith as well.

My Chumps

So do your rate us a chance down in tassie this weekend?

Capper

we are more than a chance. Mummy, Goodes and maybe Smith back. Hale dazed, Cyril limping we are looking the goodes (pun intended)

and Goodes to reach his club record 304th game

TheMailman

Absolutely huge win IMO.

To do that well with Mumford and Goodes not playing (I'd say our best players), LRT out, Seaby against one of the best tandem rucks and Rohan breaking his leg (that was awful) we still managed to do fantastically well. Another great tribute to McVeigh.

It also has me really excited. We still play Hawthorn, WC, Collingwood, Geelong, Carlton and Essendon. If we can post at least 3 out of 6 against these then I'd say a top 4 spot is very likely. Obviously there are still 20 rounds to go!  :)

SydneyRox

I like our chances in Tassie, I will like them a lot more if it rains!

The team all pulled together nicely without Goodes and Mummy.

Isnt it nice to be able to say guys like Parker, Jetta, JPK were best on ground for us. Not having to rely on Bolton, Goodes etc to pull the team home each week!

Bring on the Hawks, I smell an upset!

TheMailman

What I like is we still have 2 x WB, 1 x GC, GWS, Melbourne, Brisbane and Richmond to go

If we can post good wins against these teams (which is hardly beyond us) then we have 11 wins up already.

Capper

will mummy play though if it rains in tassie??

Hawks are still our bunny, dont care about last year

SydneyRox

I was thinking that last night, mummy has missed 2of 3, so if he is borderline, a flight to tassie isnt what he needs.

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 23, 2012, 03:40:34 PM
I was thinking that last night, mummy has missed 2of 3, so if he is borderline, a flight to tassie isnt what he needs.
if he does play though, you could seriously make him captain in SC

SydneyRox

A back infection from a cortisone jab?

At least it isnt something physical he needs to recover from?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/133863/default.aspx

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 23, 2012, 05:55:33 PM
A back infection from a cortisone jab?

At least it isnt something physical he needs to recover from?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/133863/default.aspx
haha just saw it on twitter and updated the injury status blog

TheMailman

Assuming the anitbiotics work you'd assume he'd be ready to go this week?

I don't know how bad the pain is so it seems pretty 50/50

Capper

dont like his chances of playing in tassie in a wet game though

My Chumps

If Mummy plays I rate us a chance, but otherwise it'll be a massive effort.