Possible rule change for sub rule ;)

Started by Ziplock, February 24, 2012, 06:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

the sub rule sucks less face it, especially for fantasy football. It rapes our benches, and destroys our rookies accumulating cash. So... what if it didn't?

Just saying, one plausible change to counteract the sub rule would be to give a projected scoring. Like, if they only get subbed on start of 4th quarter, multiply their score by 4, at half time subbed off, multiply by 2, etc.

This'd also help combat injuries- like when sandilands went down in the first half last year after being eye poked on 70 points, or goddard straining his hammys in the first on like 43.

I know it sounds like a dog suggestion, but it just helps remove an element of randomness. Also means a sub player can be used as an 'impact player' on your team, like they notch up 120 points when normally they'd only be getting 80s, kind of like how in afl they have a bit of an edge with their freshness.

thoughts?

BGK

Quote from: Ziplock on February 24, 2012, 06:14:54 PM
the sub rule sucks less face it, especially for fantasy football. It rapes our benches, and destroys our rookies accumulating cash. So... what if it didn't?

Just saying, one plausible change to counteract the sub rule would be to give a projected scoring. Like, if they only get subbed on start of 4th quarter, multiply their score by 4, at half time subbed off, multiply by 2, etc.

This'd also help combat injuries- like when sandilands went down in the first half last year after being eye poked on 70 points, or goddard straining his hammys in the first on like 43.

I know it sounds like a dog suggestion, but it just helps remove an element of randomness. Also means a sub player can be used as an 'impact player' on your team, like they notch up 120 points when normally they'd only be getting 80s, kind of like how in afl they have a bit of an edge with their freshness.

thoughts?

It will never happen Zip. It's just another part of the game. It's just something we have to guess each week.

I'm pretty sure Goddard was knocked out he didn't tear a hammy.

Justin Bieber

If its scrapped this year then I would win the car pretty easily.

Justin Bieber

n4cr123

I think what the afl could do is make it compulsory for sub to be named on the bench on Thursdays at least that narrows it down to 4...

Justin Bieber

Yeah but if they change it to those rules. Does the sub who comes on get that fortune? Say someone comes on at half time and scores 70. Do they get 140 for the game?

TMurphBROWNLOW

or Boyd/mitchell rack up an 85+ half... imagine the possibilities   ::)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on February 24, 2012, 08:09:36 PM
or Boyd/mitchell rack up an 85+ half... imagine the possibilities   ::)

Ablett 100 at half/time or Johnno Griffen 102 lol.

Ziplock

KPB scoring also doesn't reflect their player calibre (in  DT or SC), could probably be remedied by issue KPB 'bonus points' and then removing x amount of points for each goal/ point scored against them.

none of these suggestions will happen, but I honestly think the game would be better with them :P

rebird

What about adding the scores of the two players together, as if they were one, and attributing it to both?

Ziplock

eh, I dunno- it's not really the same. Like you think about what various positions are required to do to be classed as 'good' and a lot of the time it translates into fantasy points. For KPB, they're good if they dont get goals kicked against them.

but adding 2 scores together for DT would be a bit messy- how does the pairing etc. work?

rebird

Add the 'red' sub player with the 'green' sub player that replaced him.

Otherwise need the clubs to at least nominate the sub from the bench players, it's only reasonable.

Ziplock

still, not quite the same.... it's not YOUR player who you picked.

Naming a sub on the bench is probably better.

Capper

yeh but it also sounds like something that duckworth and lewis would get involved in and destroy