EXV: Macedonian Wolves

Started by Scrads, January 12, 2012, 04:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on May 28, 2012, 10:29:24 PM
I can see him surviving until pick one.

aka the mighty failing valkyries.

I have a question- are we going to delist players pre or post draft?

personally, I would prefer to delist players right before the draft where we can pick up players...

yeah delist players beofre the draft so others can poach them if they want.

Ziplock

yeah, but I mean, like after the national draft preferably.

it seems a little stupid, but I'd prefer not to have a situation where someones structure gets flowered over, or where someone is forced to hold onto shower players because they're worried about screwing up their structure :P

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on May 28, 2012, 10:40:37 PM
yeah, but I mean, like after the national draft preferably.

it seems a little stupid, but I'd prefer not to have a situation where someones structure gets flowered over, or where someone is forced to hold onto shower players because they're worried about screwing up their structure :P

yea the plan is you get your national draft picks than you will need to delist people if you want picks in the 2nd draft.

Justin Bieber

But seriously we want him.

Tabs is his manager!?!? Lol

Ziplock

ok good, that's what I wanted.

are we having a trade period before the draft?

it makes sense we would so we can trade picks.

but then will we have one after the draft?

elephants

There are other gems in the draft too ;)

Scrads

Holz wtf we should be getting 2 first round picks, a 5 year first rounder like the compo ones the afl gave out, rights to 3 17 year olds pre-draft and a 30% salary cap increase when JMAC retires. Seriously get with it :P

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on May 29, 2012, 01:48:36 AM
Holz wtf we should be getting 2 first round picks, a 5 year first rounder like the compo ones the afl gave out, rights to 3 17 year olds pre-draft and a 30% salary cap increase when JMAC retires. Seriously get with it :P

you can have that if you give me ablett :)

Capper

Quote from: whatlez on May 28, 2012, 10:51:38 PM
But seriously we want him.

Tabs is his manager!?!? Lol
and i am pretty sure still the only one with him in my DT

BGK

I probably won't be trading heavily until after DT opens up and we get to see new positions. I believe me may see a few more Mid/Def next year. I'm hoping Iles and Hartlett get DPP. 

Shouldn't we need to de list players before the draft? How else are we going to decide how many picks we get. Unless the size of our squads are going to increase.

How is the rookie list going to operate? Will it be similar to AFL rookie list where we either need to leave a spot open on our main list to upgrade one? Will it take LTI's to be able to play them? Do we get a free upgrade mid year? Or do we just use it at will? In which case is it worth having a rookie list?

BGK

Then will we have to use a pick in the national draft in future years to upgrade a rookie to the main list? I think Holz needs to either open up a discussion thread or just rule with the iron fist and make the decisions. Personally I'd rather see Holz just rule with the iron fist, if the mid year trade period discussion proved anything is that we won't all agree on things.

Holz

I will post what my plan is later today in a thread. It will be upon to review and improvement if needed but it will largely be what's going to happen next year.

elephants

I'm dreading the day that Mitch Robbo loses his DPP :(

Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 07:55:37 AM
I will post what my plan is later today in a thread. It will be upon to review and improvement if needed but it will largely be what's going to happen next year.

Yay!!

Justin Bieber

The Wolves have fallen couragously  :-X

Well the loss needed to come and we will bounce right back and finish the year strongly.

Scrads

Wolves' Coach tells players 'no excuses'

Scrads, head coach of the Macedonian Wolves, today sent a very straightforward message to all of his players- win this week at all costs.

'Obviously whatlez, tabs and I were very dissapointed with last weeks close loss. Full credit to HP, but it felt like it was just one if those games where the crowd gets their team over the line... I certainly believe if the game was played at home or at a neutral venue then the boys would have got up.'

Scrads then addressed this week's game against Elephants, Ricochets and FARK's Belgian Bashers and labelled it a 'must-win'.

'Our clubs are very friendly with each other, we have been involved in several trades and many players have been a part of both teams at some stage. However, I simply will not stand losing to them... This game our players will win for us at all costs. I expect every single player to step up and contribute.'

Rumours have circled in the past that Scrads was dissapointed when he found out that Elephants already had an allocated 'rival' during the pre-season. There are also rumours that Scrads may get the pleasure of facing Elephants and the Bashers in different 'special circumstances' next season and beyond, but they are unclear as of yet.

'I can't mention what is being talked about, all I can say is that the Wolves are currently in discussion with the league about something potentially very special. More news on this will be relayed at the appropriate time.'

'For now, our focus is solely on the four points this weekend.'