Fasolo

Started by G()D, September 08, 2011, 06:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G()D

How can this guy not get a game when we have the spud -Goldsack- still in the team???

Also who do u guys reckon will be the sub for the pies westcoast game?

BGK

It was always going to happen. He had a very quiet game against the cats and with 4 of our backs under injury clouds or lacking match fitness, not too mention the tall eagles forward line. He was the logical choice.

pies4spoon

I think Didak would make a great sub, great final quarter player. With his giant ego, he won't allow himself to be sub in a big game, though he hardly deserves a start ahead of fasolo on this years form, went missing in the drawn GF. Shaw perhaps too, no real match experience in 8 weeks apart from a 12v12 scratch match down at Gosche's Paddock, Collingwood won't need him for the first final.

Also, i personally think Goldsack is a far, far better player than Maxwell, with 3 tall fowards you need 3 big defenders to play on a man, which Maxwell avoids. I think with the soon to be AA CHB/FB Ben Reid, Goldsack and Toovey would be excellent cover for a Lynch, Darling, Cox/NicNat foward line, with Davis or O'Brien on Lecras. l

Broughton48

is kennedy gonna match up on leigh brown?

pies4spoon

Brown played attrocious defence last week, outmarked by Allen Christensen, he was a liability last week...why is he picked ahead of fasolo??? he's soooooooooo bad. Stick him foward and hope

Holz

Quote from: pies4spoon on September 08, 2011, 06:35:53 PM
I think Didak would make a great sub, great final quarter player. With his giant ego, he won't allow himself to be sub in a big game, though he hardly deserves a start ahead of fasolo on this years form, went missing in the drawn GF. Shaw perhaps too, no real match experience in 8 weeks apart from a 12v12 scratch match down at Gosche's Paddock, Collingwood won't need him for the first final.

Also, i personally think Goldsack is a far, far better player than Maxwell, with 3 tall fowards you need 3 big defenders to play on a man, which Maxwell avoids. I think with the soon to be AA CHB/FB Ben Reid, Goldsack and Toovey would be excellent cover for a Lynch, Darling, Cox/NicNat foward line, with Davis or O'Brien on Lecras. l

Didak definately desrves and will play the whole game. His form was largely due to niggling injuries and based on the form in the last 2 games defintately desrves a spot in the 22. As for Shaw he is probably in the best physcial shape out of all the players in the finals so in my opinion should play, plus they want him prime for the grandfinal.

G()D

Quote from: Holzman on September 08, 2011, 08:33:35 PM
Quote from: pies4spoon on September 08, 2011, 06:35:53 PM

Didak definately desrves and will play the whole game. His form was largely due to niggling injuries and based on the form in the last 2 games defintately desrves a spot in the 22. As for Shaw he is probably in the best physcial shape out of all the players in the finals so in my opinion should play, plus they want him prime for the grandfinal.

Regardless of wether didak deserves the sub he would be such a good X-factor with the green vest. We still have Daisy to come back into the side who i reckon for goldsack.
As for Maxi he quote sidebottom "he is like having a coach on the field with you" which is essential and it showed in the gelong game.
But i seriously think that Fasolo deserves a chance in to the final, to give him some finals experience it would have been good but for who, blair? This game would have been ideal to take out G-Sack and then if Fasolo held up well then keep him in but if he failed then just strait swap for blair, Thoughts?

Spite

Quote from: pies4spoon on September 08, 2011, 07:56:50 PM
Brown played attrocious defence last week, outmarked by Allen Christensen, he was a liability last week...why is he picked ahead of fasolo??? he's soooooooooo bad. Stick him foward and hope

With a name like yours, 'pies4spoon', anything you say will be presumed to be rubbish.

If you knew anything at all about Collingwood, you would know how important Brown is to our structure.

In simple terms for you, Jolly is ruck and is not in good form. Leroy Brown can play ruck when need be. Got it?

Maxwell has been rubbish since around round 5. 'Unfortunately' he has good leadership around the ground and can't be dropped because he is our 23-24th best player at the moment.

Goldsack will be dropped for Thomas. If BLAIR doesn't fire, he will be dropped for fasolo as blair isn't playing good footy at the moment.

I am thinking either blair or goldsack as the sub this week.

AndyJ

As for Maxi he quote sidebottom "he is like having a coach on the field with you" which is essential and it showed in the gelong game.

I find it amusing that Geelong's 2x premiership captain, Tom Harley..  has been the subject of such immense criticism yet Collingwood supporters now argue the same point in favor of their own captain. Do not underestimate the value in having such an outstanding leader of men patrolling the ground.

pies4spoon

Quote from: Spite on September 09, 2011, 12:07:54 AM

With a name like yours, 'pies4spoon', anything you say will be presumed to be rubbish.

If you knew anything at all about Collingwood, you would know how important Brown is to our structure.

In simple terms for you, Jolly is ruck and is not in good form. Leroy Brown can play ruck when need be. Got it?

Funny that you're the collingwood supporter and you think you're smarter than anybody else. What I SAW last week, maybe you weren't watching because it was the last game in your three game membership and you were losing, was leigh brown getting smashed in defence, like i said. Maybe you should listen, just because i don't like collingwood doesn't mean i'm blind. He was outmarked by little blokes, slow and looked lost. Sure play him as a ruckman, he gives away many frees there, ok tall foward (maybe why i said paly him foward?). I do know quite a bit about Collingwood, plenty of rude, arrogant, stupid people support them.

PowerBug

Quote from: pies4spoon on September 09, 2011, 04:00:52 PM

Funny that you're the collingwood supporter and you think you're smarter than anybody else. What I SAW last week, maybe you weren't watching because it was the last game in your three game membership and you were losing, was leigh brown getting smashed in defence, like i said. Maybe you should listen, just because i don't like collingwood doesn't mean i'm blind. He was outmarked by little blokes, slow and looked lost. Sure play him as a ruckman, he gives away many frees there, ok tall foward (maybe why i said paly him foward?). I do know quite a bit about Collingwood, plenty of rude, arrogant, stupid people support them.
But there's also alot of kind people too. I'm with Spite on this one, Browny is very improtant to the Pies structure.

henry

Haha good call. I was at the game last week, and Brown did not look comfortable at all in defense. Not sure why they persisted in playing him there to be honest, it will only decrease his confidence going into this week.

oldshepp

Not that I really want to get involved in this argument but Brown was actually outmarked by Menzel - who did have a fair game from memory.

Unlikely he would play defence unless he was needed as a pinch hitter during the game and only then it would be at full back.

They even let him kick in (a turnover resulted) which is never going to happen in the finals

Spite

Actually I have been to every single Collingwood game that has been played in victoria this season, so therefore I do think that I have more knowledge about this subject than a lot of people that are posting here, including yourself.

Do you think that anyone played well for collingwood against Geelong? We were smashed all over the ground, and Brown had to play a position that he isn't comfortable playing. He is rarely used as a key defender but sometimes plays defense, so I wouldn't be surprised if he got out marked by a forward who was having a fantastic game.

If you aren't comfortable playing somewhere, you look lost. If you are playing on a little guy and you are tall, you look slow in comparison. All the points you stated aren't helping the discussion at all, just basic information people with eyes could figure out.

People with a brain could see the other points, about how important he is to our structure and if YOU WATCHED TODAYS GAME, you would see how important he is. Jolly was getting owned and Browny helped change the game and then went up forward and kicked a goal.

I for one, was extremely glad he was in the team today. Who knows, maybe we would have lost if he hadn't been in the team, especially as we were dominated in the ruck. And yes, your point seems ridiculously stupid right about now. Let's not play Brown, he's rubbish. Pffffffff

Although, I will admit that I was very wrong about Maxwell. He played like a leader and had an awesome game, was so happy with him!

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!

PowerBug

Brown played well yesterday. Should stay in the team.