Main Menu

Next years rooks

Started by alexd1996, September 05, 2011, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexd1996

Who are some good rookies i can base my team around next year ? I think coniglio will be very dt friendly next year who are some others?

browny_wce

Check the AFL websites "Ones To Watch" etc
And Conigilio will probably pick cricket over footy

plugz19

dyl shiel, he's a jet from gws

bradway

From Hawthorn I expect Mitch Hallahan to provide some real good bang for your buck

the word is this years draft is not that strong.  dont expect any david swallow, dyson heppell or jack darling.  may have to look at mid pricers.

PowerBug

Chad Wingard is one i've heard of.

wingard will be top 5 pick.  would have a premium on him.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: 709394 on September 05, 2011, 12:11:46 PM
the word is this years draft is not that strong.  dont expect any david swallow, dyson heppell or jack darling.  may have to look at mid pricers.
The first 20 or so picks are normal but the draft sort of falls off from there.

Patton, Coniglio and Wingard all tipped to go to GWS as the top 3. Shiels and Treloar touted highly and Giles potentially the Zac Smith for GWS.

I like Matthew Buntine, Mitchell Grigg and Dom Tyson as well. Buntine potentially out of the back half and Tyson and Grigg are ball magnets and are ready made players to go early. Tom Mitchell to Sydney at pick 20 is a bargain and he'll be quite cheap for his ability to rack up the possessions.

Might get to a few write ups in a couple of weeks on potential rookies.

Holz

maybee look at some rookies who have been injured and haven't played many games yet.  Josh Caddy from GC and Aaron Black from the roos are 2 guys im looking at. Should be priced about the same as the early draft rookies.

i agree with plugz shiel is already locked into my team. Along with Giles (ruck)

alexd1996

Thanks guys. Yeah i think devon smith and ben kennedy will be good aswell what do you think?

xumtinglong

Giles will be the third Ruck with Ayce Cordy 4th given Hudson retiring

MTTY

Here are who i see being the top 10 Fantasy Rookies next year (Includes GWS players)

In no particular order and dependign on what club they are drafted to

Key - Player (Will be like in DT/SC- Fantasy trait that relates to the mentioned AFL player)
Anthony Miles (Dane Swan- Ball Magnet)
Liam Sumner (Brendan Goddard- Highly efficient by foot/hand)
Dylan Shiel (David Swallow/Chris Judd - Plays inside, lots of hardball gets, should have a similar effect to Swallow in his first year)
Stephen Coniglio (David Swallow/Chris Judd - As for Dylan Shiel)
Matthew Buntine (Dyson Heppell - Great hands can run in the backline or midfiield. Should have a similar effect to young Heppell, should be MID/DEF)
Curtley Hampton (Adam Goodes - Very talented and skillful, could be FWD/MID)
Jonathan Giles (Jon Griffin - A mature aged ruckman who dominated his last year of SANFL (2010))
Tom Mitchell (Scott Pendlebury - High possession winner with loads of class)
Dom Tyson (Nic Dal Santo - Works hard inside and outside is consistant with mid-high possessions)
Shane Kerstan (Jack Darling - Short KPF, great hands and can kick bags)

Cicjose

Buntine is one i'll look at strongly

maanco

thanks for the heads up Mtty

Justin Bieber

I might do some Rookie Profiles just to relax (procrastinate) from studying for exams :P.